Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

J. Alexander

First Post
so it begins

Still focusing on the bugbear to his forward left (BloodRaye), Brendan will hold his position and let fly with another flight of misseles, once again focusing on the center mass of the creature.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Still waiting for [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] and [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], your actions for round two are up before the bad guys get another shot.

Lou

Explorer
B'rii HP 14/23 AC 18 / F 15 / T 13 CMD 17 / F15

B'rii grits his teeth as the weapon hits him. With a gleem in his eye, B'rii attacks with a magical flourish, slashing into the bugbear's chest and unleashing a jolt of electrical spell energy.

[sblock=OOC, Move and Attack]
swift action-activate Arcane Accuracy (Su) (1/4 Arcane Pool points on the day) +3 to all attacks this round
Shift to E5
Use Spellstrike (Su) to cast Shocking Grasp thorough a melee attack
Attack with Bastard Sword in both hands Bastard Sword +9 1d10+4 19-20/x2 (no friend within 10 ft)
Cast Defensively (DC 15+2*1=17 Conc Check=+8+4 Combat Casting Feat = +12 to avoid AoO

[/sblock]

OOC: How tough are bugbears? Does 24 points of damage take it out?

OOC: This is why I wanted to play a magus. Spellstrike (Su)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

Besharrn takes a 5-foot step to I3 as he makes a full attack against Jabb using his Shield of Swings feat. The Half-Orc says nothing, he just grunts as he swings his big, sharp halberd as if it was a twig. Sadly, he fails to connect this time. (Unless I'm really lucky, that is.) Besharrn thinks, "Risks be da**ed! Next time I'm CLOBBERIN' this dude and giving him a halberd enema!"

OOC: Scotley, I was thinking: could Besharrn, when he's using his Shield of Swings feat and looking all impressive twirling his halberd around and everything and especially having just trimmed some of the dude's floppy ear off with it, maybe make an intimidate check as a move action? Using intimidate to demoralize an opponent is regularly a standard action. If it can be done as a move action then Besharrn can do it this round because his only move was a 5-foot step. I'll go ahead and roll it, and you can do with it what seems right to you. ;)

OOC: demoralize -- DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]

OOC: Besharrn's AC is 25, btw, while using the Shield of Swings feat. See the Post Header - 21[25] means AC ordinarily 21, but AC is 25 with Shield of Swings.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn]
S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11
AC:21 [Shield of Swings AC:25]/FF17/T14 [Shield of Swings T:18], HP:35
Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22]
Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Shrt Swd +6, 1d6+2 dam, Hvy Crsbw +7, 1d10 dam
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Scotley - good roll, but I need a little more advice here. Does an Oracle come under the Cleric as far as bonuses and such for concentration so that I'll be using my wisdom modifier?

OOC: A couple of things at play here. For most things the Oracle keys off Charisma rather than Wisdom. That's how you determine bonus spells, save DC's etc. In pathfinder they got rid of the Concentration skill, but you still do Concentration checks. Now they are Caster level checks and for the Oracle your bonus is keyed off your Charisma as well. In the old days it was Constitution which was usually not in the spell caster's best interests. Of course it is a double edged sword, because you could spend skill points to make your checks easy. Now you get to spend those skills points on other cool stuff, but it may be harder to make the check since you only get level+ability vs. a fairly high DC. My perception is that casting defensively is harder in Pathfinder than 3.5e.

Scotley

Hero
Initiative Order
Besharrn 19
B'rii 19
Brendan 15
Jabb and Bloodrah 13
Falco 10
Vadim 5

Falco will stay his footing and begin casting Mage Hand on a large leaf from the tree to his left and move that leaf right in front of Bloodrah's eyes. The soggy leaves smack wetly into her face causing her to have to brush them away with a forearm and distracting her.

Finally recovering from his initial horror Vadim takes a step toward the creature attacking B'rii, uncoiling his whip as he moves. What little light there is on the overcast day glints on the razor edges along the weapon's length as he flicks it back and forth in a pattern that's almost hypnotic to watch. The braided leather and metal snakes out smoothly and snaps around the monster's weapon; Vadim gives a jerk on the whip, but the thing is strong and manages to hang on to its weapon.

Besharrn takes a step to as he makes a full attack against Jabb, but his efforts to defend himself perhaps hamper his ability to connect. The Half-Orc says nothing, he just grunts as he swings his big, sharp halberd as if it was a twig. Sadly, he fails to connect this time. Besharrn thinks, "Risks be da**ed! Next time I'm CLOBBERIN' this dude and giving him a halberd enema!"

B'rii grits his teeth as the weapon hits him. With a gleem in his eye, B'rii attacks with a magical flourish, slashing into the bugbear's chest and unleashing a jolt of electrical spell energy. The smell of ozone is strong and the Bugbear shakes uncontrollably as the energy passes through her into the ground. She remains on her feet, but is seriously wounded and singed.

Still focusing on the bugbear to his forward left (BloodRah), Brendan will hold his position and let fly with another flight of missiles, once again focusing on the center mass of the creature. The two missiles rock the Bugbear obviously leaving her at death's door.

Bloodrah swings feebly. She is badly wounded and partially blinded and getting nowhere close to her target. Jabb also seems distraught by the powerful attacks his partner is taking and impressive axe wielding. His swing is strong, but can't penetrate the deft axe handling of the Half-Orc.

OOC: Actions for all.
[sblock=Leif]I let you have the intimidate check, but I can't see letting you do that extra action often without you spending a feat or otherwise using an action. Normally Hero points are good for bonuses, but I might let you spend one for the extra action.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Road to Ravengro R2.xls
    36 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3, AC21[25]/FF17/T14[18], HP 27/35

Besharrn smiles at Jabb, baring his prominent bicuspids as he does so and adjusting his grip on his halberd as he brings the weapon around for what he hopes will be the 'money shot' for this fight. He is disappointed as Jabb nimbly ducks to his left and steps forward towards Besharrn in a move totally unexpected by the Half-Orc. Still, Besharrn manages to bring the halberd down on the bugbear's right shoulder, slicing a significant amount of meat. [7 hp damage]

[sblock=OOC, Scotley]Message received, Scotley. My plan is to just follow the rules with the intimidate check from now on. Thanks for your consideration this one time.[/sblock]
[sblock=AC]Besharrn's AC reverts to its natural state of 21 this round[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
B'rii rd 2 HP 14/23 AC 18 / F 15 / T 13 CMD 17 / F15

B'rii stares in disbelief that the bugbear is still standing. With a mighty swing he tries to dispatch Bloodrah once and for all but in his haste fails to connect.

[sblock=OOC, Attack]
(1/4 Arcane Pool points used on the day)
Attack with Bastard Sword in both hands Bastard Sword +6 1d10+4 19-20/x2 (no friend within 10 ft)

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases