Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
OOC: The poison works itself out after 6 rounds even if you fail all the saves, which you did even with magical bonuses, healing checks and creative help. That centipede must have had some extra virulent poison. Toughest half CR monster in the book for sure! 4 more dex damage for a total of 11!

Falco tries his magic and senses that he may be on to something. This might be a possible avenue of research to develop a poison removal spell, but it would take more power and knowledge than he possesses.

Brendan is able to walk but he feels very uncoordinated.

There doesn't seem to be anything else of interest in the crypt. The cracks in the walls could yield more centipedes eventually...

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Dannis frowns at Brendan's shakiness. "I do not currently have the proper prayers prepared to properly aid you...that said, I can still help you recover from the centipede's venom, but it is going to require that you rest. Let's gather up these items, and make our way back to Kendra's."

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Brendan says "It would be appreciated, but I do hope by morning it will pass, all i need to do is really rest i think. if though the need arises, i can still press on for a bit"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Ability Damage]Note that your DEX isn't actually lowered by this - you suffer -1 to skills and abilities that use DEX per two points of damage (so -5). Sadly, it'll only heal at the rate of 1/day without the benefit of at least a Lesser Restoration, so after two days you'll be down to 9 damage (and -4 to skills and abilities), and so on for 11 days total.

Todd, I think you're using HeroLab:

• Go the the "Adjust" tab.
  • "Click to add a new Temporary Adjustment"
  • Four from the top in the window that opens, click on "Ability Score Damage."
  • Click "Add and Close" at the bottom.
  • Set the number to 11 and the drop box to "DEX," and fill out the rest of the information for tracking.
  • Reduce penalties and change tracking information as appropriate for each game day that passes or each Lesser Restoration spell we nab for you until it's all gone.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Long term care will double the rate of recover I believe. Or perhaps there is something in the items you recovered that will help?

The weary adventurers make their way back to Kendra's without any encounters. It is now quite late. She says she'll work on figuring out what you found if you'd like to get some rest. She doesn't think she can sleep until she is quite exhausted.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Adrenaline was flowing through Falco's veins like the venom through Brendan's while in the crypt, but as they journey back home, the reality of the long day takes hold and when they reach the house again, Falco gladly takes up Kendra on her offer to rest here for the night.

Falco finds his pack and moves things around and removes some of the more uncomfortable items so that he may use it as a pillow. He throws a couple more logs on the fire and stokes the coals so that it again builds and removes the chill from the room. He places his pack near the fire and lies down right there and is soon very asleep.

J. Alexander

First Post
Once back at the house Brendan will fix himself kettle of tea and while it boils will avail himself of a little privacy where he will bath in hot water created cantrips to wash the grim of the crypt and the carrion crawlers goo off him. Once clean he will bandage his wounds as best he can. Returning to the main room in a fresh robe he will sit himself close enough to the fire so as to avail of it's warmth but not to the point of hogging it's cherry presence and quietly start working on his tea.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn wil spend some time honing his shortsword and the blade of his halberd, and then will go on regular patrols, checking the doors and windows of the house. Finally, tiring of this, he will ask Brendan for a mug of his tea, and try to relax as much as he can.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk,
Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The house has more than enough rooms for each of you including the drafty loft with the hard bed requested by the half-orc. After a couple of hours pouring over some of the books in the house, doing a few simple tests and casting some spells, Kendra final finds herself nodding off and bids you all good night. Besharrn finds no problems as he checks the house. It is well built with stout bars on the doors and windows.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases