Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim rises much refreshed, and breaks his fast with Falco. Apetite assuaged for now, he goes to find out what Kendra has uncovered for the group about the stash. His brow furrows at the unknown vials, but when she brings out the planchette he smiles excitedly. "Ah! I don't know why I didn't recognize this before. The Varisians use such a device for simple fortune telling . . . one simply rests the fingers lightly on the planchette and concentrates upon it. The magic within summons any spirits that may be hovering about, and these spirits will then guide the planchette over the letters upon the board to spell out the simple answers to questions. Answers are usually one word, and sometimes even more limited to "yes" or "no." It's not a very reliable device, of course . . . the spirits are often jealous of our life and spiteful because of it, and so are likely to give any answer. Also, sometimes they just don't know the answer . . . but they'll not hesitate to make something up if that's the case."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn has already eaten by now, and is sipping his second cup of coffee."This magic, Vadim? It sound more like a game for child to play when him not want do chores. What if not like answer? Why these toys not smashed already?"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk,
Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Brendan will greet everyone quietly" Yes was a restful right and should not be to long thanks to all the assistance, but still nasty stuff and interesting as to why they are in a crypt." Helping himself to coffee Brendan will eat a light breakfeast and listen while the others discuss the treasure then add "Giving the items we found it would stand to reason that were facing mid level undead that require either magic or silver to hit. It mite stand us well to find a silver weapon that we are each familar with just in case.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3

"Me like idea of having silver halberd! Mmmm, maybe easier to find silver shortsword, though?"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk,
Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
'Undead are not really my strength, if it comes to it i am a decent shot with a crossbow which suites me as i prefer to deal with foes from afar. I imagine i can find a few more silver bolts here in the city, be cheaper than a halberd for sure"

Scotley

Hero
Kendra joins your conversation, "This land has a long history of troubles with the undead, lycanthorpes and other things that go bump in the night. For that reason silver and cold iron weapons are more common here than in other lands. Even is little villages such as this. Though it might well cause talk if you go looking to buy such things. It is also not uncommon for people to offer up 'magic' weapons, but few have the skills to know a holy sword of dragon slaying from a pitchfork of stable mucking. Buyer beware." It heartens you to see her make a jest and smile.

Rhun

First Post
Dannis' hand goes to the holy symbol hanging around his neck. "I know how to deal with the undead," he says grimly. "Most of the common types will be susceptible to your weapons. Those that are not shall feel the might of Sarenrae."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: We seem to have reached a bit of speed bump here. Not trying to railroad you, but I believe the obvious paths open to you now include:

1) Researching here at Professor Lorrimor's house to try and discover more about the myterious items you found or the history of Harrowstone.

2) Going out to shop for silver weapons and explore the village.

3) Trying to do some research around town about Harrowstone and the people held there.

4) Going to Harrowstone itself.

Remove ads