Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Kendra recommended that you visit Jorfa, the old female dwarf smith at the Ravengro Forge on the town square. You remember passing it on the way to the and from the funeral yesterday.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

Besharrn chimes right up, "Hey! Remember, it was suggested that we visit the Ravengro Forge to find the dwarf woman "Jarma' or something like that, although we still don't know how to tell the Dwarf women from the men. You remember, it's just down this way - we saw it yesterday."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The Ravengro Forge is easy enough to find on the town square. Indeed the clanging of a hammer on metal coming from inside would be easy for a blind man to find. The building is old, but well maintained. The front room is a shop with farm implements on display. A few suits of armor and a collection of weapons are on display in one corner. They appear to be well made though some of the armor looks a bit old fashioned. Beyond the shop is large forge where a female dwarf is pounding out a hunk of glowing hot metal. She notes your arrival and pounds the piece a few more times and then returns it to the hot forge. She pumps the bellows a couple of times and then joins you. "Good Mornin' Sirs, what can I do for you this fine day?" She slips off think gloves and a heavy leather apron as she approaches. The woman is of late middle years. She is short, but very solidly build with graying hair pulled back in a braid.

J. Alexander

First Post
"Goodday Madam" Brendan will say "I am in need of a silver headed mace or hammer along with a few silver cross bow bolts and if you could fashion it a sivler head for my long spear"

Leif

Adventurer

"Me need silver short sword or halberd head, if not cost too much. How much cost, anyway?"

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

"While I am sure that you need no help to create quality items, I am trained in smithing and would be honored to aid you in making these items." B'rii says respectfully.

Scotley

Hero
"You lot going to a to costumed ball with silver as the theme?" she chuckles. "I don't have that much silver on hand, but I do have some. I would need half up front to buy the stock and then the rest on delivery. I've got a dozen alchemical silver bolts on hand I'll let you have for 25 gp. The rest I'll have to make. Let me see that overgrown axe of yours tusker (a mildly derisive name for half-orcs and orcs used by dwarves). That's a pretty good Halberd you have there. You don't want to go putting a dull silvered head on a fine slicer like that. Won't hold an edge worth a damn. I can make you one of comparable quality to what you've got for 500 gold though it won't cut as good, or a more ordinary sort that won't be near as good in a fight or cut half so well for 200 . The spear is the same deal. Now, a mace makes more sense. Alchemical silver is heavy enough to be useful, just not much good for cuttin' cause it don't hone well. A heavy mace I can do for say 105. A light mace or hammer I can do for 25. Now Tusker if you insist on fighting with an inferior weapon I can do up a silvered short sword for 30 gold. Of course if you are a soldier worth your salt and you've got coin in abundance I can make up something special that will be a weapon to be proud of. I can do up a right fine Halberd in Silversheen for 800. Bet there ain't another smith within a hundred leagues that knows the secrets of crafting such a weapon. It is a lot of coin, but I guarantee you can turn a drake dragon to hen in one blow the thing I'll cut so well. I could give you 300 in trade for this one you have if you decide to trade up to a silversheen one made by me."

To B'rii she says, "I don't know you seem a stout enough lad, but I've not taken a 'prentice in many a year. She asks a few questions about the best formula for sword steel and asks you to tell her which of the items in the case are of the best quality."

OOC: B'rii needs to make a diplomacy check, a craft weapons check and an appraise check. The rest of you can help with the diplomacy check if you want to put in a good word for him.

OOC: Piercing and slashing weapons made of alchemical silver do -1 damage. That penalty will apply to arrows and bolts, but she knows you don't want blunt arrows. Silversheen weapons do not suffer the same penalty and are always of masterwork quality but they typically add 750 gp to the cost.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

"Me called 'Besharrn,' Fuzzball," says Besharrn, returning the mildly offensive epithet to the Dwarf woman. "Interested in the short sword for 30gp, me be. Other offers not bad, but me not have coin now. You not need gold today for it, yes? Me rather pay all when ready."

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases