Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

B'rii politely does his best to answer the questions about how much coal to add to the iron mixture to make steel and picks out a fine short sword as the finest in the rack. "That long sword is particularly well made, but this short sword has been specially reinforced to prevent the tang from cracking and coming loose from the hilt built for small hands."

OOC: Wow! Two 20s on skill checks!

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Lou] B'rii manages to answer the questions to Jorfa and realizes that some of the weapons and armor are of masterwork quality. [/sblock]

Jorfa chortles, "Fuzzball eh?" She claps Besharrn on the shoulder, "I like it. Alright Besharrn for you no up front fee for you. But if anybody wants something pricey I'll need half up front." She is obviously in a good mood after B'rii aced her tests. "Me and my new friend. Hey what's your name anyway lad? Are gonna get to work on that short sword. What about the rest of you?"

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

"The name's B'rii. There's some real quality weapons here. It will be a pleasure working with you. Where should I put my things? I don't want you to accidentally sell my bastard sword." he says to the dwarf. Addressing his friends, "I'll be here if you need me."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Besharrn call you Jorfa, then. How long short sword take, anyway? You tell Besharrn when to pick up? Me stay In Professor's house, you know where is?" Besharrn is hoping that the positive social results the party has been getting can translate into some real information that will help with the main mystery the group is working on. Besharrn is thinking that they need to find some villains to kill quickly to get some cash.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"I do have the coin for a heavy silvered mace," says Dannis, reaching for his coin pouch. "Plus, one never knows when a blunt weapon will come in handy. Good for smashing bones."

Scotley

Hero
To Besharrn she replies, "Yes, I know the Lorrimor place. I'll have your sword ready tomorrow afternoon with this fella's help." She motions to B'rii. "I've got a plow hitch that old man Poddor is clamoring for. Don't know why rained all day yesterday. Will be too wet to plow for a while yet. Anyways, I'll finish that up this morning and get to work on your sword and the Mace." She then turns to Brendan. "What about you, did you decide if still want the spear, or have you decided to be sensible and get yourself a Mace or Hammer instead? I don't have all day to jaw about it. That plow tang is hot enough to work again. If I leave in the forge too long it will get brittle."

Scotley

Hero
Besharrn is hoping that the positive social results the party has been getting can translate into some real information that will help with the main mystery the group is working on. Besharrn is thinking that they need to find some villains to kill quickly to get some cash.

OOC: Pretty good logic for a Tusker, hope it works out for you. :lol:

mleibrock

First Post
Vadim appears somewhat startled at Falco's suggestion, then thoughtful. "It might be worthwhile to try using the Planchette, as there are bound to be spirits aplenty around this place. But I don't think it works to contact a specific being - it's more a general call to any local presences."

Falco mulls it over for a couple minutes and looks to Vadim and then to Kendra. Finally he decides, "I think we should give it a go. I'm betting the Professor left it there for us for a reason."

Scotley

Hero
Jorfa says she can have the pair of Silver heavy maces done by lunch time the day after tomorrow and suggests you do your best to stay out of trouble. She immediately sets B'rii to work if he's willing.

Remove ads