Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Lou

Explorer
"The name's B'rii. There's some real quality weapons here. It will be a pleasure working with you. Where should I put my things? I don't want you to accidentally sell my bastard sword." he says to the dwarf. Addressing his friends, "I'll be here if you need me."

Jorfa says she can have the pair of Silver heavy maces done by lunch time the day after tomorrow and suggests you do your best to stay out of trouble. She immediately sets B'rii to work if he's willing.

"Finish that plow and then start with maces?" B'rii asks?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

"I'm willing if you are. I can think of worse ways to wile away a rainy afternoon while we wait for the others to return. Lady Kendra, would you like to be a part of this as well?"

Scotley

Hero
Kendra responds, "I will participate from a purely research perspective. I don't put much faith in such superstitious attempts at divination. What question will you ask?"

Scotley

Hero
"Finish that plow and then start with maces?" B'rii asks?

"Yes lad the hitch, but we took the commission for the short sword first and I promised your friend the Tusker that one first. Pump that bellows a bit and get a good glow on the hitch and we'll see what you can do with a hammer."
She fetches out some silver ingots and puts a smelting pot on the fire when you get the hitch out. Jorfa may be getting on in years, but it soon becomes clear that she can work hard all day. The farm implement mended, she soon has you pouring hot silver mixed with various alchemical binders over steel to make the sword. Much heating, pounding, quenching and shaping goes on for much of the day. She barely pauses for dark bread and spicy hard sausage for lunch before getting back to work.

As the sword is heating yet again Jorfa pours you each mugs of bitter Dwarven ale mid-afternoon from a large crock she keeps on a chain at the bottom of a cistern. The cool ale is very refreshing in the heat of the Forge. "So lad you aren't a half bad smith, but you don't do this every day as evidenced by your lack of stamina and sore muscles. What brings you Ravengro." She fixes you with a firm stare as she asks clearly on guard for any falsehood.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: What will the rest of you do now that B'rii is working the forge and Vadim, Falco and Kendra are trying their hand at the spirit board?

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Me forget rest of errand - feisty Dwarf wench throw Besharrn off game! What else we plan do beside get silver weapons?"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
As the sword is heating yet again Jorfa pours you each mugs of bitter Dwarven ale mid-afternoon from a large crock she keeps on a chain at the bottom of a cistern. The cool ale is very refreshing in the heat of the Forge. "So lad you aren't a half bad smith, but you don't do this every day as evidenced by your lack of stamina and sore muscles. What brings you Ravengro." She fixes you with a firm stare as she asks clearly on guard for any falsehood.

Wiping the sweat from his brow in-between sips of the cool ale, Jorfa's question surprises B'rii. "We all came for Prof. Lorrimor's funeral. For now, I don't have anywhere else to go. It has been a while since I worked with the bellows and hammer. I've worked on armor, too, but I prefer weapons. How long have you been here in Ravengro?"

OOC: Livin' on Tulsa Time...

Scotley

Hero
Wiping the sweat from his brow in-between sips of the cool ale, Jorfa's question surprises B'rii. "We all came for Prof. Lorrimor's funeral. For now, I don't have anywhere else to go. It has been a while since I worked with the bellows and hammer. I've worked on armor, too, but I prefer weapons. How long have you been here in Ravengro?"

OOC: Livin' on Tulsa Time...

"Lorrimor seemed a nice enough fellow. Shame about his accident. Didn't see much of him. Scholars have little enough need of my services. Oh, I've been in Ravengro since the earliest days. Was hired on when they were still building the town."
It seems likely that she could well be more than 200 years old that not being a great age for a dwarf.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases