Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone - Page 47


What's on your mind?

  1. #461
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Leif's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR, USA
    Posts
    22,274
    Reviews
    Read 5 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    6
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Leif
    My communities:

    Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

    "Oh, crap," THINKS Besharrn to himself, "Bend over, boys, heeeere it comes!"

    stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3

    Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

    S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

    AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
    FF:17
    T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

    HP:33/35

    Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
    Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
    Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
    [DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
    Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
    Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
    Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
    Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
    Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]



    Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

    Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

    Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

    Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
    Last edited by Leif; Saturday, 24th March, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

 

  • #462
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,193
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore mleibrock
    My communities:

    Falco

    Falco has a seat at the table and assumes the others do the same. He orients the board to face Vadim since he came up with the good question to ask the spirits. He places his fingers on the part designed for it and waits for the others to do the same. Once they are all ready he looks eagerly to Vadim to ask the question.

  • #463
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:



    . . . and Vadim does so .

    "Did a member of the Whispering Way kill Professor Lorrimor?"
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #464
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    17,069
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Kendra closes the drapes knowing that the locals would frown on such a seance in their village. "I found some information that may help." She holds up a page of notes she copied in a thin precise script from one of the books in her father's collection. After consulting the notes she places a white table cloth on the table under the board. "A symbol of the purity of our purpose. It is good that there are three of us, for three is a mystical number of considerable power in these matters." She hands each of you a candle and she lights a from the coals in the fire and joins you around the table.

    As she lights your candles from her she intones. "Three times we call to the spirits and offer up this flame to light your way." She motions for each of you to pass the candles to the right and intones again. Then you pass the candles again as she intones the third time. You have now each touched all the candles and you place them to your right on the table so that there is a light burning between each of you. She reads from the paper again and lights a stick of incense from a candle. The smell of sandalwood fills the room and clears your head. She continues by lightly resting her fingers on the Planchette. You can't help noting the warmth and softness of her touch. She looks each of you in the eyes as if giving you one last chance to back out. She glaces at her notes again. "Now concentrate your mind. Focus on the Planchette, I believe you both have some knowledge of the magical arts? Good, act as though you were concentration on maintaining a spell."

    She moves the planchette in three circles around the board and then takes a hand away to pass the incense over it and over each of you in turn.

    "The veil has thinned, the flame is bright
    and I blend this magic all that is right.
    Celebrating life and death and rebirth
    with these herbs I've harvested from the earth.
    I send my intent by smoke in the air
    and call on those whose blood I share.
    I ask my ancestors to guide and watch over me,
    As I will, so it shall be."


    As she places her fingers back on the Planchette the candles flicker though there should be no breeze in the cozy home. You feel a chill and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. The Planchette begins to move lazily with no clear purpose. You concentrate and feel the cold brass slide about. Suddenly after a couple of minutes, the table lurches as if someone had stood abruptly banging into. Yet each of you is still with your hands still on the Planchette. She looks to Vadim and speaks in a strained voice, "Ask your question."

    and Vadim does so:

    "Did a member of the Whispering Way kill Professor Lorrimor?"

    You feel the Planchette break from its lazy aimless swirls and can barely keep your fingers on it. It moves toward 'maybe' and then unerringly slides to point at 'Yes' before jerking to a stop.

    OOC: DC11 Will save please Vadim.

  • #465
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #466
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    17,069
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    The Planchette is now inert having exhausted its power for the day. You see that tears fill Kendra's eyes.

  • #467
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:



    Vadim's handsome face takes on a look of concern as he notices Lady Kendra's distress.

    "My lady, I'm sorry for your pain. Deeply as we feel the loss of our friend, you surely feel the Professor's absence much more keenly."
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken

  • #468
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Rhun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    22,807
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Rhun
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotley View Post
    The priest gives you a stern look. "We are not in the habit of passing out such blessings without good cause. What are your concerns?"
    "I understand your misgivings, Father. Perhaps my companions can better explain their requests. For my part, I ask only for your knowledge. What can you tell me of Harrowstone? I find your town to be most pleasant, but I've heard rumors that the place is haunted."
    - Rhun

    For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

  • #469
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    mleibrock's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westmont, IL
    Posts
    3,193
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore mleibrock
    My communities:

    Falco

    Falco, unknowingly moves his hand from the planchette to Lady Kenda's hand and doesn't speak a word, only meets her eye and tear with one of his own.

  • #470
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Scotley's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    17,069
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Scotley
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    "I understand your misgivings, Father. Perhaps my companions can better explain their requests. For my part, I ask only for your knowledge. What can you tell me of Harrowstone? I find your town to be most pleasant, but I've heard rumors that the place is haunted."
    OOC: Diplomacy check please.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. OOC Scotley's Carrion Crown Pathfinder game
      By Scotley in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: Wednesday, 5th March, 2014, 03:34 PM
    2. HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 649
      Last Post: Monday, 17th December, 2012, 01:46 PM
    3. HM's Carrion Crown AP - IC
      By HolyMan in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 702
      Last Post: Tuesday, 11th December, 2012, 04:53 PM
    4. Scotley's Carrion Crown RG
      By Scotley in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd November, 2012, 07:26 PM
    5. The Haunting of Harrowstone
      By fggs02 in forum Gamers Seeking Gamers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th September, 2011, 09:57 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •