Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

Vadim's handsome face takes on a look of concern as he notices Lady Kendra's distress.

"My lady, I'm sorry for your pain. Deeply as we feel the loss of our friend, you surely feel the Professor's absence much more keenly."

Falco, unknowingly moves his hand from the planchette to Lady Kenda's hand and doesn't speak a word, only meets her eye and tear with one of his own.

"You are both very kind. I know it is much to ask, but I intend to continue my father's work and determine what the Whispering Way is doing and if possible see them punished for killing my father. I would like to have your help."

mleibrock

First Post
"It is NOT much to ask... my family would not be where there are today if it had not been for him so it's the least I can do for his family. I will do whatever is needed my friend."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

OOC: You guys do realize that you're asking a Half-Orc to help out with a charisma-based skill, don't you? :) How about that -- turned out to be a pretty good idea this time! Who knew?

"I also seek only your knowledge, Priest. You have nothing else that I want," says Besharrn with his best :):):):)-eating grin.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

"You are both very kind. I know it is much to ask, but I intend to continue my father's work and determine what the Whispering Way is doing and if possible see them punished for killing my father. I would like to have your help."

"It is NOT much to ask... my family would not be where there are today if it had not been for him so it's the least I can do for his family. I will do whatever is needed my friend."

"Indeed, it is little to ask - in fact, I almost believe you are doing me a favor. In looking into his death, I also have the opportunity to carry on the work he did in life."

J. Alexander

First Post
Brendan will try

"I understand, perhaps I was mistaken, I thought it was to the benefit of all if foul creatures were sent to a final judgment and the common fold protected"

Diplomacy 17

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

"Indeed, it is little to ask - in fact, I almost believe you are doing me a favor. In looking into his death, I also have the opportunity to carry on the work he did in life."

Falco looks to Vadim and then Kendra. He does not release Kendra's hand, but instead clasps Vadim's as well, "We are all in agreement then."

Falco, does finally let go and stands up, he removes the planchette from the board and folds up the board as it was before and places both items out of sight, wherever that might be. He moves to the window nearest the fireplace and moves the curtain aside just a bit to peer outside. "I wonder what keeps the others out."

Scotley

Hero
While the sour faced local priest initially frowned at Dannis' request, with a sigh he makes an offer after the additional requests. "Of course the only good undead is one laid to rest eh?" He shrugs, "I know a little about Harrowstone. You can look at our archives here at the temple if you wish I'm sure there are records in there that could tell you more."

He pauses for a moment considering, "Harrowstone is a ruined prison—partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has stood vacant ever since. You can see it from most places in town as it stands on the hill. The simple people here suspect that it’s haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place. Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town. I gather there was some sort of commotion there this morning."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases