Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
The old Priest gives Besharrn a curious look, but says nothing. "Professor Lorrimor was a wise man, and he did die at the walls of the prison, so their may be something to what he says. You have your blessed silver. We have a small stock of holy water and potions for sale if you feel you need them. If your investigation turns up a significant threat I could perhaps find some more powerful items to aid you. As I said you may use the archives to research as well."

OOC: Holy water, potions of cure light wounds and lessor restoration may be purchased for book price. You will need to raise your trust score significantly to get anything more powerful.

Scotley

Hero
B'rii will drink quietly and work hard for the rest of the day.

[sblock=B'rii]She is just offering up some motherly advice. It was not my intent to shut down any inquiry you might want to make. She may well have other useful information. She has been around a long time.[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Brendan will thank the priest and purchase three vials of holy water.
Turning to the others he says "Gentlmen, I need to deliver this to the blacksmith as I have a slight change in weapon orientation, would you care to accomnay me before we head back to the residence?

Lou

Explorer
"Pah, somebodies is always going on about goblins or necromancers or werewolves. The Professor was a magicer of some sort, didn't deny it, but that don't make him a necromancer. Least ways I never heard anything credible to suggest it. Don't hold with such foolishness boy, smithin' is a good honest trade. You've a decent arm, give up foolish notions put your head down work hard and make somethin' of yourself." Feeling she has dispensed sufficient wisdom, the taciturn dwarf pours another round.

Taking a sip, B'rii asks, "What kinds of stories? I love stories of goblins and necromancers and werewolves." Thinking quickly, B'rii adds, "Should I check the fire?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Jorfa does have you add some charcoal to the fire and work the bellows bit. She tells you some rumors about hobgoblins that might well have been spawned by the two you slew on the road. Thing have grown a bit in the telling and said hobgoblins have become frightful horrors. After some more work Jorfa tells you of one of the most notorious prisoners from when Harrowstone was still a working prison. No doubt this story stuck with her because the fiend in question was a Dwarf like her. Toward the end of the story the others return to drop off the silver.

Only 5 years before his hometown of Mosswater was destined to be overrun and ruined by monsters from the nearby river, Ispin Onyxcudgel was a well-liked artisan and a doting husband. When he discovered his wife’s infidelity, he f lew into a jealous rage and struck her dead with his hammer, shattering her skull and his sanity with one murderous blow. Wracked with shame and guilt, Ispin became convinced that if he could rebuild his wife’s skull she would come back to life—but unfortunately, he could not find the last blade-shaped fragment from the murder site. So instead, Ispin became the Mosswater Marauder. Over the course of several weeks, the cunning dwarf stalked and murdered nearly 20 people while searching for just the right skull fragment. He was captured just before murdering the daughter of a visiting nobleman from Varno, and was carted off to Harrowstone that same night.

Rhun

First Post
"Actually," says Dannis, "I believe I will head down to the archives, and see if I can discover anything of use. Perhaps you should take Besharrn with you though. I don't think he would enjoy a few hours of searching through books and records."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Actually," says Dannis, "I believe I will head down to the archives, and see if I can discover anything of use. Perhaps you should take Besharrn with you though. I don't think he would enjoy a few hours of searching through books and records."
"Dannis sure him not need Besharrn to smash bad books?" :D

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero

The Temple of Pharasma has extensive notes on the history of Ravengro and Harrowstone.

OOC: Knowledge checks on Harrowstone or the Whispering Way will be granted a +4. What would you like to research?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases