Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Rhun

First Post
Dannis will try to catch up with the others at the Smith's. If he misses them, he will return to the professor's home.

Scotley

Hero
At the suggestion that they all return to the house, B'rii looks over at the dwarf to see if she heard. If not, B'rii will ask her, "What time tomorrow will you start up working?"

"I guess we've put in enough of a day for today. We back at sunup."

Scotley

Hero
"Good Idea" Brendan says "Shall we head back, with just a quick stop at the inn" if everyone is agreeable..Brendan will stop by the inn on the way home and see if he can pick up a few roast fowl or something like that for supper"

Brendan is able to get some nice roast ducks and some potatoes that were also roasted today as well as a couple of hard round loaves of bread.

Scotley

Hero
Soon everyone is reunited at Kendra's. She puts together a fresh salad from a small garden and finds a couple of bottles of rose that will go well with the ducks. She puts on a pot of tea as well.

OOC: Sorry for the delays, work has been kicking my ass. You can role-play sharing what you've found out is you wish.

Rhun

First Post
"I didn't find much of use today," says Brae, drinking a glass of wine as he waits for dinner. "However, if somebody that is better at sorting through old notes and logs could accompany back to the archives tomorrow, it would be of great help. Unfortunately, I couldn't make much out of what was there."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"I can make short work of them with a hatchet, if that's what you mean," offers Besharrn.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Dannis smiles. "I think Father Grimbarrow would frown on that. I was thinking perhaps Vadim? Or someone with a good knowledge of history?"

Lou

Explorer
B'rii

B'rii listens in as he eats. "I'm not much of a history buff, mostly magic and other worlds.

Jorfa, the dwarven smith, told me about the hobgloblins and a dwarf called the Mosswater Marauder. He was one of the most notorious prisoners from when Harrowstone was still a working prison. His name was something like Ispin Onyxcudgel from Mosswater. 5 years before it was overrun by monsters from the nearby river, Ispin discovered his wife was cheating on him. The well-liked artisan and doting husband flew into a jealous rage and struck her dead with his hammer, shattering her skull and his sanity with one murderous blow. Wracked with shame and guilt, Ispin became convinced that if he could rebuild his wife’s skull she would come back to life—but unfortunately, he could not find the last blade-shaped fragment from the murder site.

So Ispin became the Mosswater Marauder. Over the course of several weeks, the cunning dwarf stalked and murdered nearly 20 people while searching for just the right skull fragment. He was captured just before murdering the daughter of a visiting nobleman from Varno, and was carted off to Harrowstone that same night.

I'm not sure that the story helps us much."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases