Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Rhun

First Post
"Perhaps if the necromancers are searching for Ispin for some reason? Did you happen to learn whether he was one of those killed in the fire that destroyed the prison?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

Vadim stands as the others return, welcoming them back to the manse with a look that bespeaks his desire to find out what they've learned. He takes the proffered tea and sips as the discussion progresses.

"Certainly I'll accompany you tomorrow, Dannis. Father Grimburrow seems rather . . . well . . . grim. I'm glad you were able to persuade him to grant us the use of his library.

"For our part, Falco and I didn't learn anything new, but we did confirm our suspicion that the Professor was murdered by the Whispering Way."
He pauses as a look of uncertainty crosses his features briefly. "At least, we did if the spirits were truthful."

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Mmm, me recommend we not count on truthful spirits. Better we just smash everyone gets in our way, yes, whether they whisper or not."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"While I have seen magics in use that force the dead to speak the truth, it is my experience that such spirits will try to twist the truth to suit their own desires."

Leif

Adventurer

"Besharrn not know if him smash spirit good or not, but him sure try -- WHAPPOW!" says the half-orc with an exuberant flourish. "Besharrn not mean spit on Dannis. Here, him wipe."

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco looks up as the others return but continues pouring over the professor's books and in particular the notes written in the margins but wholly loses his concentration when Besharrn rants "WHAPPOW!".

Falco smiles and then begins to laugh heartily. He gets up and proclaims, "I needed a break anyway. I'm not much of a tea sort, do we have anything stronger?"

[sblock=GM] Falco was attempting to gain some knowledge from studying the books though he really doesn't have any knowledge skills. Maybe even any insight into what the professor was looking at when studying these particular books?[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

Vadim smiles at the antics of his companions and thinks about the power of adversity to bring men together . . . though he'd known these people only a couple of days, he found himself becoming quite comfortable with them.

"Well, I've had enough for now. Though we didn't find out much, I feel as though I've put in a hard day at a dig . . . I'm off to bed."

mleibrock

First Post
Vadim20EW20Portrait.png

Vadim smiles at the antics of his companions and thinks about the power of adversity to bring men together . . . though he'd known these people only a couple of days, he found himself becoming quite comfortable with them.

"Well, I've had enough for now. Though we didn't find out much, I feel as though I've put in a hard day at a dig . . . I'm off to bed."

"Aww...Come Vadim, have a beverage with me before you retire."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases