Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
Besharrn will pick out a nearby peasant who looks particularly non-threatening, and he will flex his biceps and bare his tusks with a grimace.

*Ahem!* Besharrn then quickens his pace considerably to hurry up and get out of the area before his 'victim' busts out in uproarious laughter.

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Tensions are high and the milquetoast peasant moves along quickly clutching a chicken under his arm as if he fears the half-orc will try to eat it or maybe even violate it in some unnatural fashion. Some of the more stalwart peasants frown, but take no action.

Scotley

Hero
Falco looks a little closer at the letters and the statue, content to let Dannis speak for the group.

OOC - nice roll, what is there to see? Hmmm?

OOC: Sorry missed this somehow.

[sblock=Falco]The monument itself: Other than the looming ruins of Harrowstone on a nearby hill, Ravengro’s most distinctive landmark is a 25-foot-tall, moss-covered stone statue that overlooks the river. The statue depicts a proud, muscular human man dressed in leathers and wielding a truncheon—a depiction of Warden Hawkran. A total of 25 names—the guards who died in the fire of 4661, as well as the warden’s wife, Vesorianna—are chiseled into the statue’s stone base.

The memorial is a popular meeting spot for late-night trysts among Ravengro’s young lovers, for it has just the right mix of tragic romance and spooky ambiance without actually being on Harrowstone’s supposedly
haunted grounds.

Turning his attention to the letters before they are washed away, Falco notes that they are unusual in form. While crudely done in splatters of blood that appear to have been squirted from some vessel, they are the letters of a someone educated. Indeed they almost look arcane, suggesting the writer might have training in the magical arts.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

"Us gots business dat's more important? Yous wants eats chicken?"

[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

When Falco looks up from the statue's base where the letters were drawn, he sees Dannis and the group moving away. He quickly stands up and hurries to Vadim's side. In a whisper he says to Half-Elf, "Did you see those blood letters? Something about the way they were written screams Arcane. And I can't help but wonder about the Warden's wife, Vesorianna. I think it's no coincidence the two letters were VE. I think when were are done with the sheriff, we should investigate her more especially where she is buried."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
When Falco looks up from the statue's base where the letters were drawn, he sees Dannis and the group moving away. He quickly stands up and hurries to Vadim's side. In a whisper he says to Half-Elf, "Did you see those blood letters? Something about the way they were written screams Arcane. And I can't help but wonder about the Warden's wife, Vesorianna. I think it's no coincidence the two letters were VE. I think when were are done with the sheriff, we should investigate her more especially where she is buried."

Vadim looks thoughtful at Falco's whispered communication. "Hmmm. You may be onto something, my friend. We know she died in the fire along with her husband and the guards, so I'm not sure she got buried at all. Perhaps it's her ghost writing the letters? Or something connected to the way she perished. We should definitely include this in our list of possibilities."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases