Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Is good, Zokar," says Besharrn between wolfish gulps, and splashes of corpse chowder on his face and chest, "Is double good!"
[sblock=stats, Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger3]

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:33/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The jolly Innkeep beams. "I'm glad you like. The lass is indeed a fair cook for I have dinned at her table a time or two and much as I'm ashamed to admit it, the Professor's wine seller can best mine in rare and special vintages, though certainly not in volume."

mleibrock

First Post
Falco

Falco listens intently to Zokar as he recants his experience. He listens but speaks little mainly because the food is so good he doesn't want to break from it.

When is bowl is cleaned of all he can ladle out with the spoon, he takes some of the bread in the center of the table and sops up every bit of liquid that is left.

When the young man finally looks up it's clear he has a thoughtful look on his face. He speaks softly, "Is there any more of that chowder?" ...and it is finally made clear to you that this contemplative expression is caused by his desire to have another bowl conflicting with his worry from his mother's tutorage that is is rude to ask for seconds.

Rhun

First Post
Dannis eats his fill, and then pushes his bowl away. He enjoys a mug or two of the ale, but doesn't drink too much. It wouldn't do to go and meet with the Sheriff while drunk.

Leif

Adventurer

Besharrn almost chokes at Falco's words, but clears his throat and recovers nicely. He is very carefully watching the response to Falco's comment to see whether anyone who heard the words may inadvertently betray themselves by showing unwarranted nervousness or some other sign of guilt.

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The old fellows and the farm hands appear to be keeping to themselves. They likely feel they've heard all of Zokar's tales one too many times already. The man obviously likes the sound of his own voice.

"Aye, I was there the morning we found him. Was me and one of the Sheriff's men, Vrodish and the head Acolyte from the Temple, Lantree. Councilman Hearthmount was leading another group around on the Western side and we was searching the North and East. Don't much like to go around that way. They say that Harrowstone’s executioner still guards the execution balcony on the western side of the prison, and that on some nights, his scythe can be seen patrolling the balcony on its own, as if carried by an invisible spirit. Seen it myself once I did and never cared to see it again. Anyway, we spotted him first. Looked like he'd been at the base of a wall when some stonework above gave way and smashed his head in. Gruesome sight it was. So we sent for a wheelbarrow and high tailed it out of there and down to the Temple. All said our prayers and had old Grimburrow say a blessing over the lot of us before he even tended to the body."
Zokar shivers though it is quite warm in the room and drains his mug.

Rhun

First Post
"I don't mean to bring up unpleasant memories, but was their any evidence of foul play? The professor always struck me as too canny to be brought low by something like falling stone."

Leif

Adventurer

Besharrn is seemingly devoting 100% of his attention to his corpse chowder, but in actuality, he is listening keenly to the conversation going on around him.

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases