Backdrop: Moonshae Isles

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Excellent! This is what I expect from these articles. Love the maps.

Bonus points for being one of the few locales in the FR that I actually like.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Wow, that has to be one of the longest non-adventure DDI articles ever published. Quite the information dump; its great stuff and makes me want to set a campaign in the Moonshae Isles.

Matt James

Game Developer
The other shoe dropped with the PC article on the Moonshaes: Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Heroes of the Moonshae Isles) by Matt James.

These two articles are designed to work in unison. You could very well take both of them and have an entire campaign based off of them. That was by design, and I hope you all enjoy it!

Plus, it's the Forgotten efffin Reams. My baby, and the campaign setting I first fell in love with back in 1988.

ferratus

Adventurer
I have mixed feelings about the 4e forgotten realms, but the Moonshaes (and especially the backdrop articles of the Moonshaes and Sarifal) are a great improvement. In prior editions it was largely a backwater where only minor quests happened. Now, not only are there more enemies to face, but politically it is much more up for grabs.

Sarifal got us to run a campaign there, and the Moonshaes is a welcome addition. Especially since my party really hates Amn, and you've given us a target to vent our rage against Amn (the Buzzard) without causing an open war at low level. We're heading to Kythyss to murder the heck out of that place.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases