I've restarted my languishing Greyhawk mapping project

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
My Southern Sheldomar Valley gallery now has some completed maps in it.

The race to the finish was so close I could feel it. I should be sleeping but I would have just lost sleep knowing it would have taken a few minutes generating it from my files.

Whew! After eight long years . . .

Hmm, maybe I'll get to Jeklea Bay, Amedio and the Sea of Dust next.

AdmundfortGeographer

I've finished the names research of my Southern Sheldomar Valley quad of the Sheldomar Valley project.

Consider this an open call for review. Look at the map, scour it for missing places and missing names. I had a map of the LG Yeomanry region, but I couldn't read some of the places. If you know them, let me know!

There are some missing places in southern Keoland. I can't find the source I used to place the towns and keeps, but I'm keeping them there. I don't have a map from the U 1-3 series, but I recall seeing a scan years ago.

While I don't think I invented the look the the peninsula Monmurg is on wholesale, I believe I found someone else's map and used it for inspiration, if the Monmurg map reminds you of something you've seen before, let me know where that was! Still, I did put in some more unnamed towns on the Sea Princes coast myself. I never found a good source, canon or fanon, putting in any small towns on the Sea Princes mainland (except Berghof).

If you have seen a detailed map of the Duchy and County Ulek, let me know, I haven't seen one that was reliable.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
Just started taking a look but found one thing based on the map from Dungeon issue 117, page 32

Chapel of time, located on the otherside of the Davish between Oestral Abyss and Istivin in Sterich

AdmundfortGeographer

Yeaaaaaaah.

I kept forgetting to put that back in. Not sure why I missed it the first time around, it's added to my list now. Including my misspelling of Jurnre. :erm:

In anycase, good eyes!

AdmundfortGeographer

It wasn't much to do because there didn't seem to be much to find, but I found some scraps I was surprised to see, but I finished the placename version of the Crystalmists quad of my map project.

Please, if any one knows more info I can include let me know! Corrections, I'll take too. I considered adding some scattered camps around the Dry Steppes, but I held my desire to see more out there . . .

AdmundfortGeographer

Celebrate!

All four parts of my Sheldomar Valley project have been completed. All the maps for this project have had updates since originally published, check them out. The Crystalmists geography-only and Barrier Peaks geography-only maps will have their updates posted soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow night.

Check them all out. There weren't many Gord-isms I found that I could confidently place somewhere, but a few showed up! Mike Bridges Ull project served as the basis for placenames around Ull.

Klaus

First Post
Celebrate!

All four parts of my Sheldomar Valley project have been completed. All the maps for this project have had updates since originally published, check them out. The Crystalmists geography-only and Barrier Peaks geography-only maps will have their updates posted soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow night.

Check them all out. There weren't many Gord-isms I found that I could confidently place somewhere, but a few showed up! Mike Bridges Ull project served as the basis for placenames around Ull.
Hey, Eric!

Where did you find those keeps you placed near the Dim Forest? Are those from an adventure?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases