August 2012--Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Just spotted [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Menzoberranzan-City-Intrigue-RPG-Team/dp/0786960361/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322424151&sr=1-4"]this[/ame] on Amazon. The new setting hinted at at GenCon 2011, or just a supplement?

Mirtek

Hero
On the WotC FR boards they stated that annother FR regional book like the recent Neverwinter book is due for 2012, so I guess that will be it

Good catch. This ties in nicely with the Vaults of the Underdark map pack, the Urban Underdark tiles, and the Dungeon Survival Handbook.

I doubt that it's the new, as in never-seen-before, campaign setting that the fans are expecting. There was a Menzoberranzan boxed set in 2E, so it's not exactly new.

Next up: Myth Drannor in 2013 and Zhentil Keep in 2014? (I'm only half joking.)

Rechan

Adventurer
Meh. Unless you're playing Drow Pcs, that's hard to really use. Not to mention the Realms is getting Undermountain - what's with the sudden FR focus?

Meanwhile, we have yet to get a book dedicated to the Feywild or Fey. Yes I know HotF - but seriously, what about a Shadowfell style box set? Or at least an Open Grave/Draconomicon/Demonomicon style book on fey monsters?

delericho

Legend
Another "Year of the Drow"? Didn't we just have one of those?

Anyway, my DM gives Neverwinter rave reviews. If this new book maintains the same standard, it should be good indeed.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Could be interesting, but drow is really not my thing. Will be interested to see how this is done, though, as Neverwinter was great, and I think very portable to another setting.

Yeah, I'm not gonzo on Drow. OTOH it sounds like it could be a cool book. With the right players and setup it could be fun. I remember doing a lot of fun stuff with D3.

JPL

Adventurer
It will be interesting to see just how drow-o-centric this setting is. With the time skip and the massive upheavals in the cosmic order, Menzoberranzan may be very different from earlier editions.

You know, I never really liked drow as Chaotic Evil. I see much more potential in playing them as Lawful Evil --- play the different houses as mob families.

Zaran

Adventurer
Meh. Unless you're playing Drow Pcs, that's hard to really use. Not to mention the Realms is getting Undermountain - what's with the sudden FR focus?

Meanwhile, we have yet to get a book dedicated to the Feywild or Fey. Yes I know HotF - but seriously, what about a Shadowfell style box set? Or at least an Open Grave/Draconomicon/Demonomicon style book on fey monsters?

Actually, I'm hoping there is enough to do a "Slaughter all Drow" Campaign. That would be swell...

I'm mostly buying it to show WotC that there is a market for setting books though. I just hope they don't try to put alot of player stuff in it like I dread they will.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases