Walking Dead, Season 2, midseason finale (spoilers)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Pretty Much Dead Already

Good episode tonight - the last two have almost made up for the slowness of the first five episodes.

Quite an end to the missing Sophia storyline as well. : .-(

If I'm not mistaken, in the comics/graphic novels, when they open up the barn, one of the walkers gets Otis (I think?) - or, one of the farmhands on Hershel's farm. No casualties this time, though, except Sophia and a dozen other walkers.

Interesting confrontation between Dale & Shane - I thought Dale might pull the trigger, then thought Shane would turn & kill Dale. Interesting dynamic between those two.

Now, Hershel, Maggie and the others knew Rick's crew were looking for a little girl - did any of them think to say, "Hey, we captured a little girl zombie and have her in the barn. She could very well be Sophia?"

Ahnehnois

First Post
Pretty Much Dead AlreadyInteresting confrontation between Dale & Shane - I thought Dale might pull the trigger, then thought Shane would turn & kill Dale. Interesting dynamic between those two.
It is interesting. not sure where there's going but someone's likely to end up dead.
Now, Hershel, Maggie and the others knew Rick's crew were looking for a little girl - did any of them think to say, "Hey, we captured a little girl zombie and have her in the barn. She could very well be Sophia?"
If they view the walkers as people there would seem to be a moral obligation to let the mother know her daughter might be in there. Hopefully this will be addressed.
Good episode tonight - the last two have almost made up for the slowness of the first five episodes.
Honestly I've found the last two slower than I would have liked. How long are they going to stay on this one farm?

All told the show is still going strong and I'll look forward to the next set of episodes

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
They did just enough to throw me off the track as to who was coming out of the barn last. When Hershel didn't cry out at one of the previous killings in particular, I was set to see him run forward and try to stop someone from killing his wife as the last. Excellent ending! :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Saw it coming, all the clues were there; farm just a few miles from the road, the teddy bear. They should have shown Shane not being able to shoot Z.Sophia and then having Rick do it, it would have had more of an impact.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
They did just enough to throw me off the track as to who was coming out of the barn last. When Hershel didn't cry out at one of the previous killings in particular, I was set to see him run forward and try to stop someone from killing his wife as the last. Excellent ending! :)
Gotta agree.

Plus I think that these last two episodes have MORE than made up for the slowness of the first five. I actually don't think they were that slow, I think that people just have expectations of every episode having a major plot turn and huge reveal; that's the kind of thinking that creates shows like Terra Nova.

Kaledor

First Post

In the talk show that follows the episode ("The Talking Dead"), the writer mentioned that they were going to show a flashback of Ottis finding and catching Zombie-Sophia, but they ended up not using that part of the script.

When he first brings in his son, I don't think Rick mentions they were in the woods looking for a little girl. And since Ottis was dead before Hershel and the rest of the farm knew the group was looking for a lost child, they would have no way to know that Z.Soph was in the barn. ... I'd have to watch the early episodes again to be sure, but that was the explanation given by the writer last night.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
In all, a very good episode. I think the show is at its best when it steers clear of gratuitous gore and focuses on the main conflicts within the group.

All that said, I think its definitely time for Shane to die. I noticed that Rick's son is now wearing Rick's hat, which says to me that Shane's end is nigh!

NewJeffCT

First Post
In all, a very good episode. I think the show is at its best when it steers clear of gratuitous gore and focuses on the main conflicts within the group.

All that said, I think its definitely time for Shane to die. I noticed that Rick's son is now wearing Rick's hat, which says to me that Shane's end is nigh!

I can see the season finale in March or April ending with Shane meeting his end...

Though, I am hoping that it ends with (swipe below for spoilers)

the group finding the prison

NewJeffCT

First Post
Saw it coming, all the clues were there; farm just a few miles from the road, the teddy bear. They should have shown Shane not being able to shoot Z.Sophia and then having Rick do it, it would have had more of an impact.

I think all four shooters (Shane, Andrea, Daryl and Glenn) stopped when Zombie Sophia came out of the barn, which is why Rick stepped up & shot her. Shades of the opening of season 1, episode 1.

Walking Dad

First Post
Or Rick not able but Shane remorseless...

He is also wearing the hat in the comics.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases