The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral cannot help but smirk. "A word of advice, friend. Such emphasis an how safe an object is can make the listener wonder if you are too concerned that we will instead encounter the opposite. But nothing ventured nothing gained. I am willing to have my friend, Kraken, step in first."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian gives his own nervous smile as Doral points out the implications of repeated assurances of safety.

"I suppose we'll definitely not have to worry about moss," the druid says in a poor attempt at humor. He shrugs, then, and nods to the warlord.

"In any event, it certainly looks as if you've got your best people on the transportation problem. Now what about the healing? Are there even reliable fruit-bearing plants in the Mournlands with which I can create Goodberries? Though such healing seems pitifully small."

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions:

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Doral cannot help but smirk. "A word of advice, friend. Such emphasis an how safe an object is can make the listener wonder if you are too concerned that we will instead encounter the opposite. But nothing ventured nothing gained. I am willing to have my friend, Kraken, step in first."

"Ahh mate, you're too kind," says Kraken with a grin.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"To the best of our knowledge there is no plant or animal life that is safe for consumption in the Mournlands. I would consider any naturally occurring water sources to be suspect as well. Regenerative healing that relies on the bodies own recovery rate is the only known working healing magics. You can cast your spell before entering the Mournlands and it will last as long as the berries do not rot, which isn't more than a few days.
Preparations are nearly completed, so you have a little time to refocus your energies for the coming journey. There are botanical gardens here and likely there will be some fruiting trees that will suffice."

Weyls pipes up "Also, we still have to calibrate the controls, and one of you needs to learn to drive it. That's going to take some time, unless you're a quick learner!"

Rumbleball Driving Mechanics
[SBLOCK]
OOC: Any of you have an equally good chance of driving the vehicle. I will roll the dice to see how well you learned the controls in the crash course which will determine daily progress made as well as any special maneuvers like running someone over. You can train two people at once, but I will split the bonus between you (minimum of +1 to both). The benefit of that is you have a backup driver if someone is unconscious or dead, but because Weyls has to explain it several times to each you both only get basics instead of moving on to the advanced stuff.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: If the proficiency check is based on Int or Dex, Doral will volunteer to try to learn how to drive. If strength or wisdom, someone with better stats should take over.

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: If the proficiency check is based on Int or Dex, Doral will volunteer to try to learn how to drive. If strength or wisdom, someone with better stats should take over.

OOC: I made it not dependent on stats so that anyone in the party can do it. The proficiency check will be "1d20+learning bonus" for whoever is driving.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hee...not me then! It might be best to split the bonus, really. It reduces our vulnerability to a single bad roll of the dice. And maybe the 'co-pilot' can use Aid Another to help drive. :))

jkason

First Post
OOC: Then it should go to the party members with the most HPs. :)

OOC: Actually, since I'm assuming the hard elemental shell will provide some level of extra protection against surprise attacks, I thought the opposite, though I could be making assumptions about the protective measures.

(OOC - Hee...not me then! It might be best to split the bonus, really. It reduces our vulnerability to a single bad roll of the dice. And maybe the 'co-pilot' can use Aid Another to help drive. :))

OOC: Agreed. I think two trained folk would be good.

Selc, how many Goodberry spells can Midian sustain for the trip? Though we should probably see if we can't talk these folks into wands or scrolls of Fast Healing type spells (does Pathfinder have the Vigor spells?), since a single batch is pretty pitiful healing at our current level

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
OOC:
Well the spell says it is a day a level, so you can figure on 8 days of use which seems about right for unrefrigerated berries exposed to fire balls, acid breath, and squishing pistons! If you want to cast it a few times I'll let you carry as many as you can until they expire. Also there is a town somewhere near the Mournlands that sells a goodberry wine if your group wants to detour.

I don't see any vigor-like spells so I will write up something similar. Assume you'll get a wand with something like Fast Healing 2, full charges, and a 15 round duration. It'll be an experimental wand, coupled with the weirdness of the Mournland, so I may make up a separate chart of random things that go with it.

I have to work out the hardness/hit points of your craft still but will have that soon. Anyone inside the sphere doesn't have line of sight or line of effect to anything outside. It takes a full round to open the sphere and at least one person actively working on opening the latches, pulling gears, lifting the lid, etc to get it open. Air renews magically while inside so you don't have to worry about suffocation or external gases/smoke/vacuum while inside. The Rumbleball can be mended, the elemental healed/attacked, and is affected by spells that affect earth/stone like stone shape or stone to flesh.

Once you guys decide on which two you want me to train up, I'll get that part updated.

Do you want me to recruit another person? Damage Inc vanished, who was going to be your guide to the Archon. I'm fine with either option, so let me know if you want another party member.

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases