The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"The names Curtis" the man says in a fluid and warm voice, "and I already know your name Whisper, along with your mate there, cat-boy. It seems like our paths were destined to cross again. You should probably untie me. I won't hurt you, after all, I'm only paid up for one mark today." He glances over at the glowering ranger.

Doral
[SBLOCK]
One of the papers glows magic. The other does not. Neither of the bottles glow.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"And do you suppose you'd want to tell your good friend Whisper who that employer might be?" Midian asks.

Shayuri

First Post
"You said our paths were crossing again," Whisper says. "When did they cross before? And what information about us were you given by your employer?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral takes a closer look at the pieces of paper, especially the one that detected magic. He then whispers to Whisper.

"When it is convenient, ask him why he did not cry out when the officials came looking for the source of the disturbance. He could have cried out for help, but did not."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"I was in Cliffscrape several months back, hired to remove certain individuals asking questions about a certain lost ship. If you get my meaning.

I had you names and physical descriptions. Oh and money. Not a lot mind you, but enough to hire a local throat cutter to take the wrap for the deaths. Killing him saved me the trouble of doing it when the job was done, though I would have rather he finished his job first."

He stares at Doral whispering to Whisper and smirks a bit.

"Best to whisper your secrets a bit farther away, rube. That's simple. Doing what I need to do works better with less attention. This room for example, is a prime spot to work without alerting anyone."

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Assassin Perception check (1d20+14=24)
DC15 to hear a whispered conversion, especially one close to him.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper doesn't say anything for a moment, just staring at the prisoner until it seemed her eyes were drills augering into his skull. Then she said, "Midian would you go around behind him and keep an eye on his bonds?"

Then, to Curtis, "Have you received any further communications from your employer since being hired?"

(OOC - Whisper uses her Detect Thoughts Spell-like ability, from her Bloodline, on Curtis. Unlike the spell, it takes full effect on the 1st round. I'm assuming that Whisper would know if the Charm hadn't taken effect unless Curtis had some ability that expressly circumvented such knowing...but a Charm doesn't necessary compel truth telling...it just makes it more likely. Hopefully the mind reading will help. DC 18 will save to resist.)

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian moves at Whisper's direction. As he gets a good angle on the ropes, he nods an 'all is well,' then stays in position to try to avoid letting the man work free as they speak.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases