The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Shayuri

First Post
"Sorry about that...but what about the question? Has your employer given you any more instructions? And, I'm curious, how did you plan to verify our deaths to this employer and collect whatever portion of your payment was reserved until the job was done?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"My employers prefer to remain anonymous. Unless they are careless, most of the time I don't know who they are. It's mostly notes passed by masked men, money left at dead drops, and rendezvous in dark alleys. Mostly when word gets around that a particular person is dead that's all the proof they need and I pickup from a dead drop. Otherwise I leave word or evidence at a predetermined place and pick up my money from another. Unsurprisingly no one wants to stiff a man who kills other people for a living.

With that said, the contract that was taken out for your group was only partly completed and I never received follow up requests to eliminate anyone else in your company. They must have gone underground once you killed all those people on Tempest Isle. Not bad work, from what I understand you killed all of them, men and women, and not a single prisoner taken to talk about it. There's good money to be made and it seems you have a flair for this sort of business. We could form a partnership. Though we would need to finish the current contract, namely the man standing behind you. You probably don't know much about him do you? Are you sure you want to turn your back on that one?"

Dante growls at the assassin and says "Shut up! You're a killer!"
"Aren't we in the company of killers? Anyone here who hasn't killed another person raise their hands? No one? How about those who haven't killed from ambush? Robbed the dead? Left their corpses to rot unburied? You look at the blood on my hands, but you should really be looking for blood on his."
"I said shut up!" Dante takes a quick step forward and slams his fist into the mans face. The bound assassin reels for a moment, shaking his head and spitting out a glob of bloody saliva.

"Yes, your group certainly has a taste for this sort of business, a partnership would be a fine thing. Unless of course you are already engaged in another contract. I was suprised to see you on this rail. Where is your merry band headed?

Shayuri

First Post
"That's enough," Whisper said mildly. "From both of you." She eyed Curtis then and added, "I'm somewhat impressed that you've kept informed of our actions on Tempest Island...though either your source is flawed, or you're deliberately trying to bait us. Either way, I see no purpose in correcting you and giving you yet more information about us. Similarly, if you don't already know our ultimate destination, I see no reason to tell you."

She took a deep breath.

"So. In summary, you were hired by persons unknown to kill people investigating the shipwreck that led us, eventually, to Tempest Isle. You then sub-contracted other people to attack and to spy on us, disposing of them when their use was at an end. Now you're here, in person, chasing another mark...this man," she nodded at Dante, "Who just happens to be on the same train as we are."

"I'm curious...won't you be in trouble for failing to complete the contract on us? You're not worried about the consequences of that?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian finds himself secretly applauding the aggression, but keeps quiet, knowing Whisper has the better tactics if they're to get the most information. This man was the weapon; they wanted the employer if they could manage it.

The druid keeps his mouth shut, then, and his eyes on the bindings to make sur they're not slipped in secret.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man shrugs and says,"I attempted to contact the person who employed me but they never came to the drop point to pick up the message or leave another. They're either gone or dead.
Failure to complete contracts are bad for business, any business really. I'd hate to get a reputation of being unable to finish a job. The contract on your new buddy there didn't have a time limit, so there's always tomorrow."
He grins at Dante who stares daggers at him but doesn't approach this time.
"I'm curious as well.... when are you going to ask your best friend what he did to get a contract taken out on his life? He could be a very bad man." Curtis makes a "tsk tsk" sound in Dantes direction.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"You mean like all those awful things we did to earn an assassination attempt and lose our friend?" Midian sneers. He does, however, look in the newcomer's direction with a raised eyebrow.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 60/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: -2 Str (poison), Delay Poison (8 hours)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : [s]Delay Poison[/s], Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken has been stood by the door with his arms folded during this exchange, but he laughs at the assassin.

"Reckon some of us killed those people on Tempest Isle because they were raising up walking dead and demons and generally making life miserable for decent folks, eh?" he says. He glances at Dante. "And reckon it's a fella's first time riding the lightning rail, he doesn't want some nong running around stabbing people, even if they've done something to deserve it, eh? If I still had your little toy crossbow I'd shove it where the sun don't shine, mate." His tone is more jovial than threatening.

[sblock=OOC]
Selc, I made one save vs. poison, do I need to make any more or did that halt it?

Intimidate roll added, although he's not really trying (evidently...)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods at Doral approvingly.

"Answer his question. And let us worry about our new friend. Right now what we need to know is from you."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
He shrugs at Midian's comment. "Sometimes you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"The Arcanix, in the village. The person wanted me to leave evidence of the job being completed. A severed finger with his ring still on it us a common enough practice, coupled with the news that a man was found dead aboard the one of the lightning rails."

The man wiggles in discomfort. "These ropes are hardly necessary Whisper, you should untie me. I wouldn't hurt you. Maybe we can even come up with a deal. Finish off Dante and I'll give you 2/3rds of the money I was paid to do the job."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases