The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken takes some time to study the area around the Rumbleball. He notices that there is a large ring of branches and grass that appear severed, or cut off, all around the vessel. With some effort he determines which way is North. From the map Adal's men showed you, the lake is on the western side of the Mournlands. The land seems to slope downward ever so slightly, so if there is a source of water it is bound to be to the East.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian sighs.

"Well, either the lake's that way or it's not. In any event, we need some kind of landmark before I can pinpoint us better, so we might as well pick a direction and look," the druid offers up.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions:

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Well, down is where the water's going to be, eh?" says Kraken. "You want to scout first or shall we go by ball?" He looks sheepishly at Midian. "Don't suppose you can remember if this thing can go over water, Middo? That Weyls fella talked a lot more than I listened, eh?"

jkason

First Post

"It has its own internal air supply, so it ought to be air-tight, at least. I can't imagine the bound elemental being keen on water, but if we had to submerge it, I think we could.

I've got a favor or two the water can give us to cross it, though, so it may not come to that."

[sblock=ooc]Midian has Water Walk and Control Water as domain spells, so between the two, depending on the size of the lake, we might be able to get across without needing to submerge, depending on if the rumbleball's bound elemental lets it count as a 'creature' for Water Walk[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:

Conditions:

* Cloak +2
Resist Cold 10

0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With a deep rumble, the vessel turns ponderously towards the east. It rocks momentarily before slowly rolling forward with greater and greater speed. Tree trucks are smashed apart, bushes shredded, panicked animals flee from the terrible intruder. The sphere leaves a path of destruction in its wake. Luckily with only a single pair of view goggles to look through, and Thom (Kraken) at the controls, any nature-sensitive individuals are spared from the sight.

Inside the Rumbleball, the ride is not quite as comfortable as advertised. The platform you sit on rocks forward and backwards in the direction you are traveling. It's ability to absorb shocks is somewhat limited and from your hard benches you can feel each drop in the terrain distinctly up your spine. It feels like the two worst aspects of both sea travel and horse back riding. Given your experiences with other forms of travel though you are sure that you will get accustomed to it. Well, reasonably sure.

You travel for several hours this way before Thom brings the craft to a halt at the edge of the forest. Releasing the hatch, you can see that the sun is now high overhead, and moving towards the afternoon. Ahead of you you can see a shimmering blue ribbon stretching far to the north and south. That must be the lake you seek. The four of you put your heads together and decide that you are farther south of where the wizards estimated that you would arrive. After taking a moment to answer calls of nature and get the kinks out of your backs, you close the clamshell of your craft, turn north, and roll onward.

It takes several hours before you reach the area of the rendezvous. The sun is down near the horizon with maybe another two hours of daylight left. Once more, you examine the area and decide that you must be very close. In fact after ten minutes of searching you spot smoke from a campfire farther into the woods north of you.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
OOC - The craft is air tight, but is unlikely to float given its weight. Water walking seems to only work on creatures, so I'm going to say that it won't work to float the craft. You will either have to cross farther to the north where there is a river (costing time), or travel across the lake bed inside of it. It is a fairly large lake, I will crop a photo from a khorvaire map and put it up soon.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

"That's likely to be our people then, we think?" Midian asks, pointing to the smoke.

"If it's not, no one's going to be surprised we're coming in this thing. Maybe I should do a flyover first before we go announcing our presence any further?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:

Conditions:

* Cloak +2
Resist Cold 10

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I am unsure of what a flyover will accomplish, as I doubt you can get low enough to make out the details of those at the camp, and if they are enemies we will give up information about our vehicle. There are two of us in our group that can employ stealth to get in close and report," suggests Doral as he volunteers himself for sneaking up to the camp.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Anyone who didn't hear us coming a mile off is either deaf or dead," says Kraken. He glances back at the swathe of destruction caused by their passage and grimaces slightly, even while the storm within him exults at the chaos.

jkason

First Post
"I am unsure of what a flyover will accomplish, as I doubt you can get low enough to make out the details of those at the camp, and if they are enemies we will give up information about our vehicle. There are two of us in our group that can employ stealth to get in close and report," suggests Doral as he volunteers himself for sneaking up to the camp.

[sblock=ooc]The rumbleball doesn't fly, does it? Midian was talking about wildshaping. Depending on form, I'd have thought he could swoop / move low to take a look without calling attention to himself. I may just be confused in general, though (I'm having one of those days :) ). [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases