The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Okay, found the info. I based the Rumbleball off of the Tumbler in the Magic of Eberron. Your sphere is slightly different as it is the wizards attempt at copying the originals. It is smaller inside than the Zilargo version, moves slower, and is more difficult to control since it is still experimental. It moves at a rate of 40' or 8 miles per hour overland. It can stay sealed for up to 8 days before running out of air. Since Tumblers have the ability to earth glide the Rumbleball would as well. However it only moves at 1 1/2 miles an hour, or a 15' move rate while underground and navigation will be more difficult. It can carry up to 10 medium sized creatures however much of your extra space is filled with your supplies currently. It is approx. 25' in diameter.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Rumbleball.JPG
    Rumbleball.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 54

Caim

First Post
Dain listens to the group intently for several moments. "I do have this." He pulls a rod from his pack. "It gives me a little boost, I guess you could say, to prolong some of my magical effects. I usually use it for me armor. But this thing looks to be a bit larger than any invisiabilty sphere I've seen." He looks to the rest of the group. "Sorry I couldn't be of more help getting past this point. Last time I was here I wasn't with such an odd machine."

[sblock=OOC]Just a Know check to see if I knew about the Earthglide. I would assume it's not common knowledge.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson

"Well, I can take shapes with affinities for either earth or water," the druid offers as the discussion continues. "And if we wait until the morning, I should be able to ask the lake to grant folks free breath under its surface. I suppose at this point it's just a matter of what we think is the best balance of risk to speed."

[sblock=ooc]I'm a dope. Midian can cast Water Breathing if you let him prepare it, and at 8th level that grants 16 hours per casting, divided however we like. If he takes on a Huge underwater animal shape and maybe an Ant Haul, anyone wanting to ride outside the rumbleball to help protect it underwater should be more than covered from a drowning and movement perspective, I think, though folks who rely on weapons are at a distinct disadvantage underwater.

Earth glide may be slow, but if we only use it when within, say, half a day or so of the major city, that's also another option, with invisibility as a backup in a pinch.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Well, I can take shapes with affinities for either earth or water," the druid offers as the discussion continues. "And if we wait until the morning, I should be able to ask the lake to grant folks free breath under its surface. I suppose at this point it's just a matter of what we think is the best balance of risk to speed."

[sblock=ooc]I'm a dope. Midian can cast Water Breathing if you let him prepare it, and at 8th level that grants 16 hours per casting, divided however we like. If he takes on a Huge underwater animal shape and maybe an Ant Haul, anyone wanting to ride outside the rumbleball to help protect it underwater should be more than covered from a drowning and movement perspective, I think, though folks who rely on weapons are at a distinct disadvantage underwater.

Earth glide may be slow, but if we only use it when within, say, half a day or so of the major city, that's also another option, with invisibility as a backup in a pinch.[/sblock]

OOC:
Both are good options, let me know which you guys want to try.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Reckon we'd be easier to hide if we went through the lake," says Kraken. "Besides, what's going attack a huge stone ball covered with spikes?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"We're moving into the Mournlands," Midian says. "I'm not sure the fauna have the natural common sense of elsewhere. I can temporarily hide myself and whoever's riding along outside the ball from any natural predators in the water, but if something is inclined to take a bite of the rumbleball, we'll be out of luck."

[sblock=ooc]FYI: Vacation Notice

At this point I'm assuming we wouldn't set out across the lake until morning, since Midian would have to prep Water Breathing in the morning. If he's already doing that, he can prep Hide from Animals too, which would last a little under an hour and a half from whenever he casts it (he has Natural Spell, so he can do that mid-trip). The rumbleball is out of luck, though, since it isn't a creature.

Since I'm thinking about it, can Midian take 10 on his Know: Nature check (23) to figure out the natural denizens / threats of the lake?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: Wildshaped (dog)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
"I'm up for sittin on the outside if we travel under the river." Dain removes his axe and shield with a grin. "I'm always up for a good fight no matter the terrain."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases