The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral nods at Whisper, and strokes his bare chin as he mulls her words. "I can cast a spell that allows me to read the thoughts of another. If another spellcaster had the same ability, I suppose we could create a crude and temporary form of telepathy. Further, there are... Oh hell, what is that?!" Doral asks while toying with one of the pairs of goggles that allows him to see outside the vessel. "My dear, it would appear that our lovely chat is at an end." To Kraken he asks, "Can we surface? Unlike our companions, I never learned how to breathe water, so I would prefer if we surfaced before Whisper takes her dip."

OOC: Is it possible for Doral to cast spells through the crystal windows of the vessel?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral studies the situation further and says to Whisper, "We cannot leave the vessel without flooding the inside, and I am unable to employ my spells through these walls. Also, I have no way of getting you outside. If you can come up with a way to aid our allies, please do so."

To Kraken he says, "If I cast a fly spell on our vessel, how long do you believe it will take you to surface us?"

OOC: Can touch spells such as fly or displacement work on the rumbleball?

Dr Simon

Explorer
"No idea mate," says Kraken, wrestling with the controls. "Reckon you just cast it and we find out, eh? I'll try to give our mates some cover."

He tries to steer the rumbleball between the squid and his companions in the water.

"C'mon girl," he coaxes the machine.

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Modified Midian's spell prep to reflect an underwater trek where he's hoping wildlife is the major encounter. Got a few questions here before I have Midian act:

1) Does the midian-only block mean Midian doesn't think / knows this creature is NOT an animal? I'd mentioned before that he would prep Hide From Animals, and my inclination would be to cast that first here, since it's after Midian and his rider and not the ball. If Midian knows it isn't an animal, of course, that changes things.

2) What size is Midian currently? He's in a shark form, but I wasn't sure how big Sharks got (are there Huge size sharks?). A few of his effects (as well as AC / attacks) will depend on that (and on the size of this creature he's facing)

3) I assume the falling damage part of Geyser doesn't work underwater, but does the boiling water portion? I left it on his spells assuming it would. On a similar note, are Midian and the creature close enough to the lake floor that he could make use of Entangle?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: Wildshaped (shark?)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : [s]Endure Elements[/s], Entangle, Hide from Animals, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Hold Animal, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : [s]Water Breathing[/s], Water Breathing, Pup Shape, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Modified Midian's spell prep to reflect an underwater trek where he's hoping wildlife is the major encounter. Got a few questions here before I have Midian act:

1) Does the midian-only block mean Midian doesn't think / knows this creature is NOT an animal? I'd mentioned before that he would prep Hide From Animals, and my inclination would be to cast that first here, since it's after Midian and his rider and not the ball. If Midian knows it isn't an animal, of course, that changes things.

2) What size is Midian currently? He's in a shark form, but I wasn't sure how big Sharks got (are there Huge size sharks?). A few of his effects (as well as AC / attacks) will depend on that (and on the size of this creature he's facing)

3) I assume the falling damage part of Geyser doesn't work underwater, but does the boiling water portion? I left it on his spells assuming it would. On a similar note, are Midian and the creature close enough to the lake floor that he could make use of Entangle?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: Wildshaped (shark?)

* Cloak +2
Resist Cold 10

0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : [s]Endure Elements[/s], Entangle, Hide from Animals, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Hold Animal, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : [s]Water Breathing[/s], Water Breathing, Pup Shape, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

[/sblock]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
1. Midian does not think it is a natural creature. It is not undead, but it is shaped like the real-life equivalent of a giant squid.

2. Midian needs to be at least Large sized to carry Dain. I left out the size part because I wasn't sure which spell version of beast shape you were going to use. Sharks in the fantasy world fit every size category. The bestiary had only large and gargantuan examples. So that's up to you what spell you would have used to cross the lake.

3. Yes, the boiling water damage would apply underwater if a creature takes fire damage.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

[sblock=ooc]Okay, sounds like any 'animal' spells wouldn't work, then, at least given what Midian can percieve.

My intent on the wildshape was to go as large as possible, though partly I was assuming more folk would be staying outside the rumbleball. Still, in terms of scaring off fish, I think Midian's natural inclination would be to go bigger rather than smaller.

There appear to be a few variant / calculated Huge sharks (here's a Great White), which is probably good enough for a template for Beast Shape III, anyway. I'm not sure if Keen Scent translates to Scent for purposes of wildshaping, but I'm not sure it'll be that relevant. I'll throw the stats in the mini-block. Thanks much! :)[/sblock]

Scenario 1

Midian turns his new senses outward, trying to find enough kelp and other water plants. He opens his shark maw, and a faint vibration issues forth, calling on the plant life to wrap up the tentacled foe before its tentacles can reach him.

Scenario 2
Midian turns his new senses outward, trying to find enough kelp and other water plants, but realizing the unnatural squid is too far for them to reach even with his druidic call, he instead barrels forward, something akin to a growl in his midsection. The massive snout of the druid's shark crackles, as bits of ice form and break off, until he butts into the squid, venting the pent up cold energy at it.

[sblock=actions]If Entangle is viable, he'll cast that. DC 17 Reflex Save.

If not, he'll try to close with the squid and attack using Frigid Touch. Touch attack and cold damage roll below:

Melee Touch Attack; cold damage (1d20+11=24, 4d6=15)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17[/b]

Conditions: Wildshaped (Huge Shark: +6 Str (+3 melee attacks)
-4 Dex (-2 ranged attacks)
+6 Nat armor 
Blindsense 30 ft.
Scent (keen scent?) 
-2 AC Huge size)

* Cloak +2
Resist Cold 10

[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Can touch spells such as fly or displacement work on the rumbleball?
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Sorry I missed answering this one.

It would have to be castable on an object since the fly spell gives you the ability to direct your movements and an inanimate object wouldn't be able to direct itself.
I would probably let displacement work even though it is creature only, because it doesn't require the receiver to take any actions once it is in effect.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral frowns as he studies the rumbleball. "After a second consideration, I do not believe I could make a fly spell work on this machine. However, I may be able to visually displace us should that strange creature turn his attacks towards us. Of course that little fact does nothing for our companions outside."

Doral keeps one hand on the rumbleball, prepared to cast his Displacement spell, if necessary.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases