The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Dr Simon

Explorer
"One way to find out is to ask, right?" says Kraken. Without waiting for a response he's off and down the corridor in the direction indicated by Midian. His upbringing at sea means that he copes naturally with the gentle swaying of the lightning rail carriage.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I was not part of this group when the assassin struck and killed your friend. If he is here, on this train, I would imagine that his target may have been the rest of you and our new friend here was simply in the way. Perhaps he hoped to kill Mr. Moar, take his invitation, disguise himself as Mr. Moar, and infiltrate our group in order to finish his vendetta more easily. And perhaps he succeeded, but the deceased Mr. Moar bloodied him to the point where he assumed his identity and had to infiltrate the group early, meaning that Mr. Moar is your assassin in disguise. No, I am joking on that last part. Mostly. Kraken, I would go with you. A mystery is a decent enough distraction to my current concerns." With a nod to his companions, he joins Kraken to investigate the location of the attack.

Damage Inc.

First Post
"I assure you that I am not an assassin." He says after he looks over the group. "I could help you in your search."

[sblock=OOC]Do we have our weapons or were they stowed when we got on the rail car?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm assuming that Kraken's not walking around with his falchion on a train. He's going off with only his fists, his magic and a dagger in his boot to work with. He's like that.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Weapons
OOC:
You can have anything that you would be able to hide on your person. Wands, daggers, and the like are okay. A sword, bow, or anything of similar size will have been stowed.

You shove your way through the crowds gathered in the corridor. Some of them try to grab Kraken as he goes by to ask what happened but he shakes them off easily and bulls through. The others follow in his wake like ships behind an ice breaker. At the end of the car he pulls open the door and is hit by a blast of wind. The countryside rushes past around you in the gap between the two cars. Lights flash and sparks crackle beneath you and the air smells heavily of ozone. The door to the next car is across from you past the gap.

OOC: Let me know who is going to search and who is staying.

DC22 Perception
[SBLOCK]
As you prepare to cross the gap you notice a splotch of blood next to you on the wall. There is another one higher up.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral grabs Kraken's arm before he can go into the next car and points to traces of blood leading upwards and to the top of the train. He yells over the wind. "Looks like our man decided to take the scenic route. You go first. I got you covered," Doral says with a wink. He cups his hands together and bends a knee so he can help Kraken climb up to the top of the car, then follows and draws out his wand.

OOC: Doral's perception check isn't showing for some reason. I rolled it twice on ENWorld and it is not showing the results. I rolled here on invisible castle instead and rolled a 27: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3294639/

Last edited:

Damage Inc.

First Post
Dante quickly follows the two as they head down the passage and notices the blood between the cars. "Thats not mine is it? He struck me just before falling into your cabin. Thats not enough blood for someone to have been killed."

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
Outside the train car.
And the blood is Dantes. The thrown dagger was just his last strike as you were running away. The first attack failed to kill him right away.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases