The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Dr Simon

Explorer
"If you're going to use the dunny at least do it quietly," grumbles Thom, but he reaches for his falchion when Doral sounds the alert.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The inside of the tent glows brightly as 3 multicolored orbs of lights spring into existence. Striding forth from the tent, Doral and Thom emerge to investigate the noise. Dain and Midian awaken in their tent from the shouting. The split up, each racing around opposite sides of the tent in order to flank their opponent.
A very hideous, but surprised face stares up at them. It vaguely could be considered a raccoon, if it was missing most of the fur from its face and had three extra hairless legs. The small creature is clutching some scraps from the evenings meal in one misshapen leg. It turns and starts a sort of limp, waddle, away from you at a pathetically slow pace.

Attachments

• c38e44a2413fa8d76817efdee505.jpeg
    c38e44a2413fa8d76817efdee505.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 53

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian wakes with a start, and joins the others outside at the cry, then holds up his hand as they see the 'intruder.'

"I think the creature's got a hard enough life out here, we can let it have our scraps," he says as he notes it's retreat.

"I'll remember to prepare a few spells against curious wildlife in the morning for when we make camp again, though," he adds. "In case anything larger decides it likes scraps, with or without a side of people."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper appears out of the fog, hurrying along with energy sparking and swirling around one hand as she fights to buckle her belt with the other. Her eyes are wide and worried.

"I heard commotion, saw lights; what happened?" she demands. "I only stepped away for a moment! Is everyone all right?"

It seemed, even in this place where nature was twisted, it's call still sometimes had to be answered at the least appropriate of times.

(OOC - argh, sorry folks. Having some trouble keeping up with everything this week. An update at work means my browser keeps locking up over and over...makes getting online long enough to do anything very hard!)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As you all have a good chuckle over your reaction to the strange noises, you begin to head back to camp. Something is amiss though, and it only takes a head count to realize what. Dain is not with you. Midian says that he was with you moments ago, when he emerged from the tent he was sharing with the dwarf.

The mists of the mournlands hang heavy over the grass around you.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I believe that is as possible as him being transformed into one of those possums. More likely he was snatched by something larger and quieter or that he was working for the enemy and is creeping away to let them know we are here. I suppose we should give a quick search, then move on, as neither bodes well for us."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian swears at having lost track of his party member in the scare, and quickly responds with the melting of his form the others have become accustomed to. A sleek, long-eared canine soon replaces him, as he turns both new eyes and a sharper nose to the hunt...

[sblock=ooc]Wildshape to a Blink Dog, gaining darkvision and scent for tracking purposes, trying to pick up a trail[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
[b]Medium/Huge Animal AC[/b]: 17

Conditions: Wildshaped (blink dog: darkvision, lowlight, scent).

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : [s]Endure Elements[/s],[s]Entangle[/s], Hide from Animals, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Hold Animal, [s]Slipstream(D)[/s]
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : [s]Water Breathing[/s], Water Breathing, [s]Pup Shape[/s], Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 1/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Remove ads