The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The wave of water conjured up by Midian flows over the slimy surface of the creature, but it fails to move it away from Doral. Thinking quickly, Doral shouts his warning, steps back, and unleashes disruptive magics on the creature. The entire surface ripples erratically and fissures develop across its surface. Seeing the success of the spell, Midian also attempts to disrupt the Living Spell. His magics damage the creature as well, leaving it with a tenuous link to life.
Inside the slimy form Kraken stirs and reawakens. He remains firmly in the grip of the ooze.
The weakened living spell attempts to roll over top of Doral but he manages to dart aside. The second creature continues to crush Kraken and moves forward attempting to engulf Midian as well. The agile canine form easily evades the creatures clumsy movements. Behind you, the third ooze that was busily devouring Dain, rolls towards your group as if drawn by the magical effects being discharged. It rolls towards Whisper and slaps her hard with a pseudo-pod. She staggers and blinks her eyes heavily but manages to keep awake. She backs away and hastily casts Mage Armor to help protect her from the creature.

Round 2

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Kraken took 7 points of damage, Whisper took 5. Kraken is awake and grappled. Doral and Midian made their reflex saves to avoid being engulfed as well as their spell resistance checks to hit the creatures with Dispel Magic.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Dispelling magic seems to harm these creatures," Doral yells. He takes another 5 foot step to gain distance from the ooze he is engaging, as well as to keep the other two from being able to reach him. He then unloads another dispel magic on the creature holding Kraken in an effort to free him. "I must admit that I cannot keep this pace up much longer!"

OOC: I am practically skipping in happiness that the dispel magic worked on the living spells. I never fought them, and was staring at my enchantment/illusion based spell list, certain that I had very little there that could actually be helpful, when my eyes stumbled upon dispel magic, and I figured why the hell not give it a try? I'm happy it worked, though I can only cast four of them a day before exhausting my level 3 spell slots.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

The moment Midian notices Kraken waken, the dog-shaped druid hunkers down, giving out a yowl. Kraken, for his part, suddenly feels especially ... flexible.

[sblock=ooc]Still thinking on my turn, but Midian has Liberating Command prepared, which is an immediate action, so he can take it outside his turn as soon as he notices Kraken wakes and is grappled.

It lets Kraken make an Escape Artist check vs the grapple as his own immediate action, with a +16 (2x Midian's level) to the check. If he makes it, hopefully that frees him up for his own full round of actions sooner. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
[b]Medium Magical Beast AC[/b]: 19

Conditions: Wildshaped (blink dog: darkvision, lowlight, scent, +4 Str, +4 nat armr).

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : [s]Endure Elements[/s],[s]Entangle[/s], Hide from Animals, [s]Liberating Command[/s], Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Hold Animal, [s]Slipstream(D)[/s]
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : [s]Water Breathing[/s], Water Breathing, [s]Pup Shape[/s], Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Dispel Magic[/s], Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 1/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
~Embrace the Chaos, Kraken. Use its strength to free you~

~I'm not Kraken any more, I'm just Thom!~

Just then, a new sensation. The voice of the old shaman saying "Become like the water that wears down the mountain, become like the reed that bends in the wind."

There's no need to enter the frenzy place. Thom feels for the loose spots in the surrounding mass.

[sblock=OOC]
Not sure if I get to add my own Dex modifier to that score as well, in which case add 2 for a total of 35.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken slips free of the creatures grasp just as Doral's disruptive magics and Whisper's bolts of energy collide with the quivering form. It erupts sending gouts of slimy ichor all over. The two remaining Living Spells lash out again. They both rush forward, attempting to overrun you! Whisper tries to dodge, but the creature anticipates it and flows over her. She struggles against the slimy form and manages to resist its magical field. The second creature nearly engulfs Midian but he agilely leaps out of its reach.

Round Three

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I would consider a retreat, but Dain's body may hold important information in regards to our mission," Doral says as he takes another step back and casts dispel magic at the Living Spell threatening Whisper.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

The blink dog-shaped druid barks frantically as Whisper is engulfed. Realizing that he'd used all of his own dispelling magics, Midian decides to call on reinforcements. Stepping back a step, he howls into the night, and the air all around seems to start buzzing...

[sblock=ooc]Ditching Water Breathing for Summon Nature's Ally 3, calling up Stirges (1d4+1=5) 5 Stirges. Even if they can't drain the spells, they'll provide some extra targets...[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
[b]Medium Magical Beast AC[/b]: 19

Conditions: Wildshaped (blink dog: darkvision, lowlight, scent, +4 Str, +4 nat armr).

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : [s]Endure Elements[/s],[s]Entangle[/s], Hide from Animals, [s]Liberating Command[/s], Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Hold Animal, [s]Slipstream(D)[/s]
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : [s]Water Breathing[/s], [s]Water Breathing[/s], [s]Pup Shape[/s], Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Dispel Magic[/s], Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 1/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dripping with slime, Kraken draws his falchion. He favours Doral with a fierce grin.

"Anything living can be killed, eh?" he says, and attacks the blob menacing Midian.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Whisper struggles inside the slimy mass but fails to break free. Despite the lethargic effects however, she remains awake. Doral focuses another blast of disruptive magic, but the spell is affected by the creatures unnatural magical makeup and fizzles harmlessly off the creatures skin. Kraken steps up to the nearest slime and slices a deep gouge in the creature. Another gout of ichor spurts forth before the creature can manage to close over the wound.

The slime holding Whisper squeezes her hard, forcing air from her lungs. The acids burn at her exposed eyes, mouth, and nose. The second creature lashes at Kraken and strikes him hard in the stomach. It leaves a smear of acid on his skin that sears and bubbles painfully.

OOC - Whisper took 7 damage, Kraken took 10.

Round 4

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases