The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Shayuri

First Post
"The problem isn't the language," Whisper says. "It's that he very clearly never meant this for anyone but himself. The handwriting's hard to read, the notes are all but nonsensical without whatever context he hasn't seen fit to include...it's a mess. Oh...thank you, Midian." She favors the druid with a brief, distracted smile, then slaps the papers with the back of her hand.

"Why would he wander off like that, and at that one, particular instant? Without even telling me he was going? Ugh, this is a disaster!"

She tosses the berries into her mouth and chews them angrily. Some of the red weals on her skin fade back to normal flesh tones, and her outfit largely regenerates.

"Much better...thanks again."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral looks at the papers once Whisper is finished with them, and once he finishes casting comprehend languages. "Yes, I see what you mean. I think I can figure it out, though, with some magical help. Yes, I definitely have the directions now in my mind, if our driver will not mind me being a backseat driver. We will also have to surface." Happy for the distraction, Doral begins to give navigation to Kraken.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"A good captain's nothing without a good navigator," say Kraken. He reaches over and begins manipulating the stony excrescences that make up the rumbleball's controls. "Going up. Let's hope we're far enough away from those living spell things, eh?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"We need to find a place to finish resting, as well, especially if there are more of those things about," Midian says. "I have access to some magics that can hide us in future, but I'll need preparation time to make them work.

"There's a second concern, too. Did the other living spells come from the commotion, or does our spellcasting draw them? If it's the latter, I'm not sure I can hide us, and might even turn us into a beacon."

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19

Conditions: None.
Stirges summoned: 7/8 rounds remain

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : [s]Endure Elements[/s],[s]Entangle[/s], Hide from Animals, [s]Liberating Command[/s], Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, [s]Obscuring mist[/s](D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Hold Animal, [s]Slipstream(D)[/s]
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : [s]Water Breathing[/s], [s]Water Breathing[/s], [s]Pup Shape[/s], Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Dispel Magic[/s], Freedom of Movement, [s]Geyser[/s], Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 1/3 remaining
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken drives the craft to the surface once again and opens the clamshell. The cool night brushes your face as you look around to get your bearings. Some distance away, the hilltop your camp was set upon is a blazing beacon. Tents, scrub trees, and brush are going up in smoke. Now and then sections of the fire bulge strangely as the firey living spell at its heart moves about inside the blaze.
In the dark, misty night it is nearly impossible to pick out any landmarks. It is suggested that you travel for another hour in the same direction as the previous day in order to put some distance between you and the creatures.
An hour's travel puts you in a marshy low-lying area. The ground is damp, but at least it is quiet and seems to be the best you can do on short notice. Without tents and bedrolls you do your best to build makeshift shelters from tarps, rope, and rolled up spare clothes. After a few more hours of fitful rest the sun rises and light slowly returns to the land.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"So far the trip to this wonderful country is turning out as advertised," Doral grumbles as he gathers up his gear. "If the pilot would be so good as to make himself ready, his navigator is prepared to proceed." Doral unfolds the collected papers and notes, examining the best path to take.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken packs away his billy cans.

"Yeah, it's a real beaut of a holiday spot, eh?" he says. "Well let's get this thing done. Ain't no sense sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves, eh?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian wakes early, and stands over the mound beneath which the party buried their new companion.

"I'm tired of waking up to dead friends," he mutters, his thoughts dark. He does his best to shake off the heavy cloud as the others prepare to depart.

"So, then, take care of the ones you have left, Rightson," he tells himself, and moves in to break fast with the others. He makes sure that Whisper has a new allotment of goodberries to help with her healing, as his wand is useless for however long the party is in this godsforsaken land.

"I've the hiding spell prepared for when we make camp," he says as they pile into the rumbleball. "Guess we'll find out soon enough if that sort of thing calls out to the spells."

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19

Conditions: None.

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Stone Call, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Hide Campsite, Neutralize Poison, Resinous Skin, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken looks around, causing the rumbleball to veer wildly. Lucky there's not much around for it to hit. He puts out his hand to stop Midian.

"Save those, if you can," he says. "Stone me for a prize nong for not thinking of this earlier, but I wasn't sure if it'd work. It's a new thing the spirits taught me. Let's hope it doesn't kill us all," he adds with a grin. He pulls the rumbleball to a stop and closes his eyes in concentration.

[sblock=OOC]
Channel positive energy to heal, 2d6
[/sblock]

Remove ads