The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Perception (1d20+17=31)

Midian has no trouble spotting the blood, but as Dante wonders aloud, he asks with a frown, "Where were you when this man attacked you that your blood is up there?"

OOC: I think I'm assuming 'higher up' indicates someone came from on top of the rail car, but I'm gathering that's not necessarily the case?

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Righto mate," says Kraken, taking the offered leg-up without hesitation.

[sblock=OOC]
Take 10 on Climb check for a 13.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
Sorry, I wasn't very descriptive when I was explaining the attack.

Dante was sitting in a seat in the car behind yours. Someone stabbed him from behind and almost killed him. He ran forward into the next car and the assassin threw a dagger that knocked him down into your compartment. Then the assassin fled because everyone came out to see what the commotion was.

The blood is from the weapon used in the first strike. There is a blotch on the outside wall of your car about waist high and a second blotch is higher up towards your head.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper decides she's not feeling too safe alone in the train car, so she goes to join the others in their investigation. Even so, she keeps looking over her shoulder, just in case.

jkason

First Post
Midian surveys the blood a moment, then says "This should actually make tracking much easier. If the rest of you will just make sure to vouch for me if anyone finds the presence of a large cat disturbing?"

The druid leans against the wall with his hands, sniffing at the blood, and his form starts to ripple. The shape of a man is quickly replaced with that of a leopard holding itself upright with its paws. Once Midian's caught the scent of the blood, he scrambles up to track it.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, this is my first try at Pathfinder wildshaping, so let's see if I have this right.

At this level, a standard-action wild shape gives Midian access to the Beast Shape 3 abilities in addition to the basic str and nat armor benefits for being a normal medium animal. That means he gets a climb speed, allowing him to take 10 on all climb checks, yes? With +11 from his ring and ranks, that gives him an auto 21, so I was planning to hand-wave climbing issues since that seemed reasonably safe?

That also gives him access to the leopard's Scent ability. He can use his Survival (+12) to follow the fresh scent trail from the blood. Base for that tracking is DC 10, so even with negative modifiers, I think he should be able to follow the trail by taking 10 on the track, too, yes?

Let me know if I've got any of this wrong and / or you need me to roll anything[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken
[SBLOCK]
As your head rises over the top of the car you get a glimpse of a figure standing on the roof at the far end. He wears stereotypical black clothes and a long cloak that billows around him from the wind of the rushing train car. His hand is upraised and you see a small weapon attached to it. Something small and thin flies towards your face and strikes you in the neck. Your uncanny reflexes cause you to jerk away at the last second so it misses your eye but it slices along your neck. The wound burns with surprising pain.

OOC: Stupid uncanny dodge ruining a perfectly good sneak attack ;) However you need to make two fortitude saves. DC17 and DC14, let me know which roll is for which. If you fail the DC14 one you fall unconscious.

Need your AC on your sheet too, I'm assuming a 17 hits since it hits your old AC with a +2 cover bonus. You took only 1 point of damage from the hand crossbow.
[/SBLOCK]

Midian
[SBLOCK]
You see Kraken with Doral's assistance pull himself up high enough to see the roof. Turning to the wooden and metal car, you easily find claw holds to pull yourself up. You're so focused on maneuvering with your new body that you almost miss what happens next. Something small and black whips by along Kraken's neck cutting a ragged gash and leaving a smear of black and blue substances. You turn your head and look over the top of the car to see the figure standing at the far end of the car. He wears black clothes and his cloak is billowing around him from the wind of the rushing lightning rail. He is working a weapon attached to his arm, reloading it and then suddenly pulling out a blade as he notices your head poking above the roofline.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Oops, yes, I still need to do my "shopping" and a few other details. Not having t'internet at home is proving a bit of a problem. I think that will probably hit, seeing as he functions best in lighter armour.

Edit: Now... if only those rolls had been the other way around....

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian's first instinct is to rain down a storm and cut the assassin down where he stands, but even in his animal form his human logic prevailed. They needed information, which meant they needed him. Alive.

The leopard-druid barreled forward, then, raking and biting to try to distract the man and sinking his teeth in to keep him in place until the others could help subdue him; he hoped Whisper or Doral might have magics to quiet the man.

[sblock=ooc]Okay, in leopard form Midian has pounce and grab. He's certainly not optimized for combat maneuvers, but let's try it out:

Charge/pounce attack: with Str bonus for wildshaping and the charge bonus, attacks are +11 each for a bite (1d6+3) and two claws (1d3+3 each).

If he hits with bite attack (I think I'm reading that right), he can make a grapple attempt.

CMB is +9 with the Str bump for wildshape.

Pounce bite;damage;claw;damage;claw;damage;grapple attempt (1d20+11=23, 1d6+3=7, 1d20+11=28, 1d3+3=5, 1d20+11=15, 1d3+3=6, 1d20+9=24)

Since pounce lets Midian make a full attack, does that also mean he gets his iterative attack (+4), and if so, is it for one, or for all of the natural attacks?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: Charge (-2 AC. Current: 15)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases