The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

jkason

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
According to the PSRD entry, rake can only work when grappled but unfortunately your CMB roll didn't hit his CMD.

It's in the Pounce ability description, which is why I was missing it before, too:

When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can make a full attack (including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability).

The common explanation I was seeing on the paizo boards when I ran across it was that they didn't include "and during a pounce" in the rake entry because there are creatures with rake but not pounce?

Not a big deal either way, but thought I should get it figured out now for future encounters so as not to bog those down.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken draws his dagger in his belt for now, and strides deliberately towards the assassin. Coming side by side with Midian, he jabs at the man, not aiming to hit but to distract him whilst his friends do what they can.

"We want this fella alive?" he shouts.

[sblock=OOC]
Aid Another attempt to help Midian.
Edit: Just about! +2 to Midian's next attack.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Round 2
The assassin rolls sideways and avoids most of Midian's attacks. One of his claws grazes the man as he dodges. The man grins despite the odds being against him and says, "You should have kept your pet in steerage." He slashes high with one blade but at the last possible instant, Midian sees the distraction. His head twists aside and the second blade, moving at impossible speed, slashes his jaw open instead of burying itself in his throat. The cut burns and Kraken can see the smear of black and purple goo from the blade.
Meanwhile, Whisper prepares her defenses while Doral moves himself into position. Their new acquaintance struggles up on to the top of the train car and struggles to find his balance.

Round 3...

Midian
[SBLOCK]
OOC: I need you to make two fortitude saves. DC17 and DC14. If you fail the DC14 you lose consciousness. If you fail the DC17 you take 2 points of str damage.
[/SBLOCK]

Midian Rolls
[SBLOCK]
Midian with Aid Another Bite, Damage. Claw, Damage. Claw, Damage. Grapple Attempt. (1d20+11=13, 1d6+3=7, 1d20+11=13, 1d3+3=6, 1d20+11=23, 1d3+6=9, 1d20+9=28)
[/SBLOCK]

Assassin Rolls
[SBLOCK]
Feint Vs Midian (1d20+16=30, 1d20+12=31)
Assassin Attack and Damage (1d20+12=20, 1d4+2=6)
[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Sorry for the delay, my work blocked enworld so I can't check it on my lunches or downtime for now.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

The cat backs away a step, shaking its head to clear it. Midian sways a bit, but stands. He rears back, then paws wide, as he lets forth a roar. The air about him shimmers a moment, but there is no other visible effect.

[sblock=actions]Failed the STR save:

Fort DC 14; Fort DC 17 (1d20+9=24, 1d20+9=10)

Move: 5' step
Standard: Delay Poison on himself. Probably should have done that before charging in. D'oh![/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 60/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium Animal AC: 17

Conditions: -2 Str (poison), Delay Poison (8 hours)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Longstrider, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : [s]Delay Poison[/s], Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Soften Earth and Stone, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Mad Monkeys, Sleet Storm, Stone Shape, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Ice Storm, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral crawls to a position behind the assassin in order to keep out of view, peers his head up over the car's top and casts hold person on the man.

OOC: Save DC is 10 + 4 from Int + 3 from spell level + 2 from Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment) + 1 from Cloaked Casting (and +2 SR from CC) = DC of 20.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Girded for war, Whisper climbs the ladder, pausing at the top to get a good look around, then climbing out on all fours so as not to be thrown around by the everpresent shaking of the train carriage.

(OOC - Basically double-moving, up the ladder, then away from the fight to get some distance.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases