The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper curses under her breath and motions at Henrick as she stumbles back away from the water, towards the wall, trying to pantomime pulling the lever back the other way!

Then despairing of trying to get a clear shot at those writhing things, she elects to simply chuck a fireball into the air over the gate, and hope to catch them at a moment where they're flailing above the waterline.

(DC 19 Reflex to halve 21 fire damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4442817/ )

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian lurches back from both the tentacle and Whisper's fiery display.

"Right, then, might not keep it from reaching us, but the more of it's out of the water, the more of it we can burn," he says with a glance to his longtime school companion. As the electrical spheres zip about to try to cause the tentacles more pain, Midian's liquid arms begin spinning in the air. There's a slight glow across the surface of the water, and the elementally-shaped druid grunts as he tries to magically diminish the roiling surface.

[sblock=ooc]Move action to direct the spheres to attack again:

Lighting Spheres 1 & 2 on two nearest tentacles. (3d6=3, 3d6=7)

And again I can't roll damage for the life of me. Sigh. As before, each tentacle has to make a DC 20 Reflex save to avoid the damage from its respective sphere.

Standard: What the heck, he'll try Control Water to see if he can reduce the level of the water in the tank. At his current level, if it works, the water level goes down 16'.

Also worth noting: Midian has Liberating Command prepared. If anyone but Kraken (whose effectively immune from Freedom of Movement) winds up grappled, assume Midian casts that as an immediate action: free Escape Artist check with a +16 competence bonus added on.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 82/66 (+16 from Water Elemental con bump)      
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Darkvision 60', fly 60 (perfect), Reflex save: +8
[b]Medium Water Elemental:[/b] AC 20, Fort save: +11, +2 HP / level (con bump), Darkvision 60', Swim 60'

Conditions:  
 Midian: Wild Shape (Medium Water Elemental) (8 hours).
 Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours), 
 Doral & Kraken: Water Breathing (8 hours each)
 Kraken: Freedom of Movement (80 minutes)
 Ball Lightning (6/8 rounds remianing)
 Control Water (lower): 80 minutes (dismissable)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3 (Wildshape: 0)    
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 9/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, Ant Haul, Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, [s]Water Walk[/s] (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Freedom of Movement[/s], Dispel Magic, [s]**Ball Lightning[/s], [s]Control Water[/s] (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining

Used: Scroll of Water Breathing[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: I'm thinking of having Doral try to get out of range by casting Spider Climb and moving upwards? How far up does the 'ceiling' go?

OOC: I'd considered having Midian us Communal Spider Climb to let the party do the same. I dug up the original post (here), and before we turned up the water, there was only 10' tall of air in the room, though, so I figured they could reach. That could be faulty logic on my part, though. If Midian's successful in lowering the water, that gives another 16' between water and ceiling, though I don't know if that will actually impact the tentacles.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: I'd considered having Midian us Communal Spider Climb to let the party do the same. I dug up the original post (here), and before we turned up the water, there was only 10' tall of air in the room, though, so I figured they could reach. That could be faulty logic on my part, though. If Midian's successful in lowering the water, that gives another 16' between water and ceiling, though I don't know if that will actually impact the tentacles.

OOC - It won't affect their reach, but I plan on lowering their attack rolls due to the loss of buoyancy to hold up all that weight.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says as he examines his wound, "This situation nearly makes me believe in karma. Nearly." He points to the creature below and the colors along his hair, flesh and clothing surge from him and burst from his fingertips, striking it.

OOC: Blinding Color Surge turning Doral invisible for 7 rounds. Creature needs to make a DC 17 Will check or be blinded for 7 rounds.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Hey, fugly, watch where you're waving those things," says Kraken as he steps up to the nearest tentacle and lays into it with his falchion. His first strike cuts deeply, but costs him balance for his next, but he recovers on the backswing.

[sblock=OOC]
Hasted full attack on nearest tentacle

Attack #1 1d20+12=31 (Critical threat)
Damage #1 2d4+6=11
Crit confirm #1 1d20+12=16
Crit Damage (if confirmed) 2d4+6=11

Attack #2 1d20+12=13
Damage #2 (just in case!) 2d4+6=9

Attack #3 1d20+7=22
Damage #3 2d4+6=11
[/sblock]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC - I'm getting the post issue again where the page times out after I submit even with multiple browsers and retyping it all. If this goes through I will reply again with a .txt file containing the update.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

The water level effectively blocked for now, Midian swipes his watery arms across the air, sending the sphere's for another pass at the tentacles, their electrical energy surging. His liquid appendages seem to quiver a moment, as the water on the surface roils in a similar rhythm.

[sblock=ooc]Move action: sphere's re-attack

Now this is more like it:

Lightning spheres (DC 20) (3d6=15, 3d6=14)

Now... dontmakethesavedontmakethesavedontmakethesave. ;)

Standard: I'm actually not sure if this will work or not, so I should ask: How many size categories larger are the tentacles? If they only count as Large, I think he can use his Surge ability on them. If so, he'll ready an action against a tentacle moving in to attack again, trying to push it back before it can attack?

Surge (Bull Rush) attempt. (1d20+14=34)

(of course NOW is when I get a nat 20. Sigh).

As before: If anyone but Kraken (whose effectively immune from Freedom of Movement) winds up grappled, assume Midian casts that as an immediate action: free Escape Artist check with a +16 competence bonus added on.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Full Sheet
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 82/66 (+16 from Water Elemental con bump)      
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19
Medium Air Elemental AC: 20, Darkvision 60', fly 60 (perfect), Reflex save: +8
[b]Medium Water Elemental:[/b] AC 20, Fort save: +11, +2 HP / level (con bump), Darkvision 60', Swim 60'

Conditions:  
 Midian: Wild Shape (Medium Water Elemental) (8 hours).
 Full Party: Negate Aroma & Pass Without Trace (both 8 hours), 
 Doral & Kraken: Water Breathing (8 hours each)
 Kraken: Freedom of Movement (80 minutes)
 Ball Lightning (5/8 rounds remianing)
 Control Water (lower): 80 minutes (dismissable)

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3 (Wildshape: 0)    
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Detect Aberration, Liberating Command, [s]Negate Aroma[/s], [s]Pass Without Trace[/s], Ray of Sickening, Ant Haul, Obscuring Mist (D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Soften Earth and Stone, Stone Call, **Frigid Touch, Resist Energy, Slipstream (D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Hide Campsite, Aqueous Orb, Spider Climb (Communal), **Call Lightning*, [s]Water Walk[/s] (D)
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : [s]Freedom of Movement[/s], Dispel Magic, [s]**Ball Lightning[/s], [s]Control Water[/s] (D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining

Used: Scroll of Water Breathing[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases