The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian shrugs at Kraken's suggestion as the group lowers the man.

"If we can get him there without attracting more attention, I'm game. Whisper and I have some very personal business with this one. Doral, maybe you have a way to mask him?"

Shayuri

First Post
Without a word, Whisper produces from her pouch the mask she used to wear. It had been some time since she'd used it...but then again, she'd only ever worn it while in her natural form; something she almost never bothered with now.

She affixed it to the erstwhile assassin's head, then canted it up, so his eyes were not looking out the eye holes.

"That should do it," she said quietly. "I'll go make sure we have a clear path."

With that, the sorceress descended back down into the train to reassure and cajole any lookers-on until the coast was clear for the prisoner to be relocated.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Whisper descends back down to the space between the two cars. Knowing that the passenger car is not the best place to have an interrogation, she turns and moves into the car that the two men came from. Curious onlookers still fill the passageways and as she starts moving through them she spots a disturbance coming from the other direction. It looks like an official in House Orien colors followed by two burly men also in uniform. She can hear them calling for people to make way in their pursuit of the two men who were fighting. She quickly realizes that moving a roped prisoner through several cars full of people will attract attention of the Officials. Even after this group moves on, anyone spotting a bound man will likely report it.

Doral
[SBLOCK]
Your hands close over a few slips of paper and four small vials, but other than that his pockets are empty.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper pauses where she is, stepping aside so as not to stand out. They'd want to take possession of the prisoner at the least, and they'd probably have some questions for the ones he'd been after as well. She wasn't sure if they knew the fight had moved to the roof of the train cars, but if they did there'd be no place to hide.

She had to stall them, if she could...and simultaneously warn the others.

So as the pursuers came closer, she leaned out and asked, "Excuse me, what is all this ruckus about? I was trying to sleep and suddenly...pandemonium!"

Meanwhile on the roof of the train a large black bird winged its way out of the train car Whisper had been in, struggled to keep up with the train for a moment, then managed to land on the roof as well. With obvious difficulty it scrabbled over the roof against the headwind to arrive at where the others were gathered. A big black raven that eyed them and croaked, "House Orien has men coming. Whisper is trying to stall them...she is not sure if they know where to find you."

(OOC - Go go sorceror familiar!)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken keeps a tight grip on the assassin's shoulder, and looks behind him at the oncoming landscape.

"Typical," he says. "Maybe we should just chuck him off the side?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Typical," he says. "Maybe we should just chuck him off the side?"

"He killed my friend," the druid says with a shake of his head. "I'll get answers from him before he gets to meet whatever hell waits for him."

He looks to the beguiler. "Perhaps your sphere of invisibility? If there's nothing to see up here, Whisper may be able to divert them more easily so that we can get this one to a secure location and finally get some answers."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Meanwhile on the roof of the train a large black bird winged its way out of the train car Whisper had been in, struggled to keep up with the train for a moment, then managed to land on the roof as well. With obvious difficulty it scrabbled over the roof against the headwind to arrive at where the others were gathered. A big black raven that eyed them and croaked, "House Orien has men coming. Whisper is trying to stall them...she is not sure if they know where to find you."

(OOC - Go go sorceror familiar!)

oots.gif

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - lol...I know... In fairness, it's shown up before, on the island. Just not often. I'm planning on getting Improved Familiar too! Rah!)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The group of you vanish as the door below creaks open. One of the men exclaims at the sight of the bloody hand print on the wall. Blood here, looks like their arguement went ugly. Probably one of them popped the other in the nose. You don't think they got up on the roofs?" "Better check it out. Yusof, get up there and eyeball it."
After a moment a mans head pokes above the edge of the roof. He looks towards your group, then turns and looks backwards along the roof to the end of the lightning rail cars. He drops back down out of sight.
"Nothing up there, must be farther forward." "Alright, come on then." The door to the next car opens and closes again.

Doral
[SBLOCK]
Surprisingly the prisoner has remained silent this entire time, even facing the prospect of torture. All he had to do was call out and it could have created enough confusion with the local authorities that any decent agent could have escaped.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases