Pearl of Power

Crothian

First Post
Is there any reason a caster can not use mor ethen one of these a day? From the description it seems you can use more then one a day, you just can't use the same one more then once. However, these things are really cheap especially the low level ones. We have three spellcasters in our five person group, so it could be nice to have each spellcaster with a pocketful of these things.

hammymchamham

First Post
Hi Crothian, whats up?

To answer your question, I am unaware of anything offical (ie from Wizards or The Sage), but I can share how I understand it to work (and have rulled it).
An individual pearl can only be used once a day, so you can't have 2 spell casters using the same pearl, but a spell caster can use multiple ones in a day (even the same level ones).

Dr. Zoom

First Post
No reason whatever. The only restriction is the pearl itself will only function once per day. If you have 5, you can use all 5 once per day. The wizard in my group has 3, and he uses them to replenish his 2nd level buff spells after he casts them in the morning. :D

Crothian

First Post
They just seem really cheap especially to make. For 500gp I can make these and the ability to give the caster a few extra spells of each level is huge. I just wanted to double check becasue it seemed too good to be true.

Crothian

First Post
jgbrowning said:
yep it is too good to be true. every time you use one a fairy dies.

Bonus!! Here I thought we were just getting extra spells, but I'm also killing Faries. Absolutely great!! :D

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Crothian said:
They just seem really cheap especially to make. For 500gp I can make these and the ability to give the caster a few extra spells of each level is huge. I just wanted to double check becasue it seemed too good to be true.
Well, the price does increase for pearls that give you higher level spells.

Crothian

First Post
Dr. Zoom said:

Well, the price does increase for pearls that give you higher level spells.

I know, I'm just referring to the lower level ones (1st and 2nd) since that's all I can make right now. But the ability to cast 5 more 1st level spells you've already cast that day is pretty darn good for the price. Especially since it can be done every day and people can share them meaning the mage can use then one day, and the cleric can use them the next.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Yes, they are nice items. The cleric and wizard in my group plan on making a few for each spell level as they rise in power. I have given many of my bad guys one or two of these, as well. :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases