Help with backgound ideas for a Bronze Dragon PC.

Pharos

First Post
Greetings everyone.
As a great fan of all things draconic, I've decided on creating a Bronze dragon PC using the guideline presented in Draconomicon. Now I have what I want for his personality, habits and goals but the actual background story isn't my strong point. If anyone has any good background ideas that mesh in well with his personality, goals and the like I would greatly appreciate it.

Here are the details I have for my Juvenile Bronze so as to help with any ideas you may have.

-He spends much of its time in an assumed form, usually that of a well toned, athletic humanoid. This charade serves his adventurous nature by allowing him a chance to explore the world without drawing attention to himself or disrupting the flow of events. He values moral order, kindness, generosity and loyalty. He is always willing to help those in need.

-He enjoys the company of humans and other humanoids. Unlike other dragons he considers them to be just as deserving of survival and happiness as himself. When in the company of humanoids, he will usually assume his humanoid form, both as a practical matter and to keep the humanoids at ease.

-He loves to read and collect knowledge as is shown by his immense amount books and libraries within his lair.

-He is adventurous by nature, he enjoys travel and seeing the world and all its wonders.

-He can't stand the acts of evil and injustice.

-He is a believes in a swift death to evildoers, for he belives no one, no matter how evil deserves to suffer.

-When forced to fight he prefers up close for he loves the rush and thrill of close combat.

Now just a little problem in regards to his lair and treasure hoard for as he is a frequent traveler and adventurer and is rarely found within his lair it could very easily be robbed and pilaged. Should I have him set up traps and guards as I want him to be an adventurous dragon of whom is almost always on the move. What other ways could I get around this?

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
6th level Leomund's Secret Chest ritual, aka "Horde in a Pocket." Stick to jewellery, platinum, and magic items to keep the bulk down. Maybe later, at higher level, ask the DM if he'd let you use Solace Bole or Rope Trick to access a static location, in the Feywild or elsewhere, where your horde can be kept.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
Now just a little problem in regards to his lair and treasure hoard for as he is a frequent traveler and adventurer and is rarely found within his lair it could very easily be robbed and pilaged. Should I have him set up traps and guards as I want him to be an adventurous dragon of whom is almost always on the move. What other ways could I get around this?

If your GM is non-adversarial and likes to build stories with their players, I would include a couple of obligatory precautions but leave it ripe for the GM to exploit for a good story arc. When GM has someone steal his treasure or rustle the lair itself you're going to have a great adventure, so don't make it impenetrable!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases