[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: No readied action and Vimak would below the devil' initiative even if he would roll a 20. So I have to wait until its first regular action, right?

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: No readied action and Vimak would below the devil' initiative even if he would roll a 20. So I have to wait until its first regular action, right?

ooc: If you roll a 20 I'll definitely give Vimak initiative. :) As for the high initiative roll, the monster had a +14. I'm just going by what the monster manual said...unless I'm reading it wrong :uhoh:

FourMonos

First Post
As the devil emerged slowly from the chasm, Quan came to the quiet realization that there was a time when such a sight would have paralyzed him in his tracks. Now this was merely an obstacle in the larger plan of saving the city. The crisp twang is all that is heard as the arrow flies true and embeds itself it the devil's neck.

[sblock=actions]
Readied Attack (RBA): 1d20+15, 1d12+10 → ([20, 15], [7, 10]). Roll Crit! additional crit damage: 2d6 → [4,5] = (9) Roll . So total damage is 31 and the devil is -2 with range and area attacks TENT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]"Quan" Thatcher- Male Human Hunter 9

[sblock=Aspect of the Lurking Spider]
1. Gain +2 to stealth checks.
2. Gains +5 power bonus to Athletics checks made to climb.
3. While he has combat advantage against an enemy, he gains +2 power bonus to damage rolls against it. [/sblock]

Initiative: +9, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 22, For: 19, Ref: 23, Will: 22
HP: 65/65, Bloodied: 32, Surge value: 16, Surges/day: 6/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot 1 2 3, Heroic Effort, Reactive Shift, Takedown Strike, Assassin's Shroud 1 2
Healing Lore, Entangling Roots

Used: Onslaught Arrow: 2, Freezing Arrow: 1[/sblock]

OOC: I have to go check and see how many special arrows I used from last fight

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=storyline]
This encounter as well as the last encounter is part or Nementah's transition between tiers. It is similar to what was done for Rocco. When this is over the quest for Bosch will continue.
[/sblock]

The chain devil roars as the arrow pierces its next. Quickly it moves closer to a group of three heroes, then lashes its lethal chains at the runepriest and the sorcerer. The attacks miss badly as the devil still feels the effects of the hunters brutal strike.

More sounds come from the pit.

The staff that Nementah holds begins to glow again, flashing as it communicates to her.

[sblock=Nementah]
Young one, you must find a way to destroy the pit. More will come. This gateway must be closed
[/sblock]

ooc: Devi's attack against the party
shift to current location on map

attack 1: 1d20+14 vs Raijin AC for 2d4+7 = Miss
attack 2: 1d20+14 vs Vimak AC for 2d4+7 = Miss

[sblock=Map]
map
[/sblock]

ooc: Party is up add the damage done to the devil by Quan and Primera to whatever damage it receives from the party this round. Currently the devil is down 36 hp. Go ahead and attack.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
ALL: demon is vulnerable 10 to weapon attacks

Rocco moves around the hole, swearing at demons choice of targets. He ends his semi-circular run with full-body spin, slamming into the demon with a force of a mad dwarf. The strike stuns the demon for the moment, his chains drooping, leaving it vulnerable for follow up attacks.

"Hit it now, Vimak, Quan, Halleck! Now! While the chains are down!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: J9
Standard: Bone Crushes vs Kyton AC; damage (1d20+14=33, 3d8+10+1d6=30) - MARK, demon is vulnerable 10 to weapon attacks TENT

Note: in case Rocco cannot cut corners of the hole, use Davrim Defensive Step encounter minor: shift 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 9

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

Vimak, as so often, attacks and misses ... :(

[sblock=ooc]

standard: Rune of Diminishment (Protection vs Chain Devil)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 21
Initiative: +6
Hit Points: 70 / 70 Bloodied: 35
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge:17 Surges per day: 9 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Rune of Shielding, Dread Halberd

Condition:

[sblock=Non active]
WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (B1)

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

"Raijin, you said you closed the portals before! How? We need to close this one fast, other demons are already coming!"

OOC: Will wait with actions to see if the demon falls. If yes, I'll make a nature check to see if there is anything that could be done with spirits or stone itself to close unnatural portal - kind a 'force' the nature of reality back to itself.

FourMonos

First Post
Quan waits to see the dwarf's destruction to unfold. Patience has told him time and again to wait for the opportunity. The taut bowstring felt its all too familiar tight pressure against his fingers. This time, the fingers chilled as they held one of the new frost arrows.

Patience pays off. As Rocco slams the devil, its defenses are disrupted and the arrow flies true. The brute is struck in the posterior thigh, the momentum taking it to the ground.

[sblock=actions]
Clever Shot vs. Chained Devil (with frost arrow): 1d20+15, 1d12+10+1d6 → ([16, 15], [6, 10, 3]). Roll Hit AC 31 for 19 damage + 10 vulnerability for 29 damage. The devil is prone, slowed and -2 with range and area attacks TENT.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]"Quan" Thatcher- Male Human Hunter 9

[sblock=Aspect of the Lurking Spider]
1. Gain +2 to stealth checks.
2. Gains +5 power bonus to Athletics checks made to climb.
3. While he has combat advantage against an enemy, he gains +2 power bonus to damage rolls against it. [/sblock]

Initiative: +9, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 22, For: 19, Ref: 23, Will: 22
HP: 65/65, Bloodied: 32, Surge value: 16, Surges/day: 6/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot 1 2 3, Heroic Effort, Reactive Shift, Takedown Strike, Assassin's Shroud 1 2
Healing Lore, Entangling Roots

Used: Onslaught Arrow: 2, Freezing Arrow: 3[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases