[Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
[Adventure: Bosch's Revenge: Sequel to the Mark of Trogdor]

Characters:
1. Skalisss: Lvl Dragonborn Paladin (Jryoung) Defender
2. Raijin: Lvl Genasi Dragon Magic Sorcerer (Johnmeier1) Striker
3. Quan: Lvl Human Hunter (FourMonos) Controller
4. Rocco Shadowlost: Lvl Dwarf Fighter (Neurotic) Defender
5. Nementah: Lvl Wilden Protector Shaman (MetaVoid) Leader
6. Halleck: Lvl Half-Elf Warlord/Bard (Tenchuu) Leader
7. Vimak: Lvl Goliath Runepriest (Walking Dad) Leader

[sblock=Rules]
Borrowed from H.M.Gimlord and Mal Malenkirk...and Johnmeier1 :)

Player Info: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid, hopefully with coordinates (everyone is already familiar with map)

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use. Trigger powers for bad guys. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: II will give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag.
[/sblock]

The cleric leaves the tavern motioning the others to follow. He leads the heros down the street to a small cafe. The owner obviously knows the cleric as he greets him a firm handshake. The usual place master Navio? The cleric responses. No my friend. May we have access to the back room as we have important business to discuss. Certainly old friend. With that, the party is ushered to the back room, which contains a large table with enough chairs for everyone. The cleric waits for everyone to have a seat before he speaks. A servant brings flasks of ale, wine and water, leaving them on the table for all to drink. Glasses are placed in front every everyone. The servant then leaves.

ooc: Make a post showing that you are present, then Navio will continue. (Post your current level and stat block so I can update the beginning of this post and prepare my combat information).

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Judge]
I can judge this again.

Also dimsdale is this adventure part of the notes you sent in with the last adventure?(I was not a judge back then so I wold have to do some digging to find them) If not can you please send the judges your adventure notes when you have the chance?

Thanks. :)
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Halleck checking in

Halleck sits at the table, the orb shield laid out on the table in front of him.

[sblock=Note to other Players: Bravura]
Halleck has the Bravura Presence:
When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Melee characters might also want to save their AP until I hit with Withering Courage, so they can double dip on the +5 damage bonus.
[/sblock][sblock=Note to other Players: If you miss on something REALLY important]
Halleck has daily power Unintended Feint:
If you miss an attack, and you are within five squares of Halleck, you can use my daily power to reroll the attack with CA.

But, since it's a daily, please use wisely. Also, please throw up a big OOC message so I don't miss the fact that you used it.
[/sblock][sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: N/A
Move: Shift to U12 (+1 to AC / Ref)
Standard: Vicious Mockery
  • Target1: Abomination
  • Attack1: 1d20+13=26 vs Will
  • Damage: 1d6+7=11 psychic damage
  • Effect: target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn
[sblock=ignore]Brash Assault

• Target: Dwarf
  • Attack: 1d20+15=16 +2(CA)=18 Miss
  • Damage: 1d8+8=0
  • Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.

REMOVE WITH NEXT BRASH ASSAULT[/sblock]
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 10
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 19

Defenses:

AC: 27, Fort: 22, Reflex: 19, Will: 24 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 70/70, THP: 0/14 Bloodied: 35, Surge Value: 17, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +15 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+8 (+2 shield)
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges
Superior Fortitude Feat: resist 3 to ongoing damage
Superior Will Feat: If dazed or stunned, you make a saving throw at the start of your turn to end the effect, even if it does not normally end with a saving through (IE, TENT)
Orb Shield Powers:
+2 to damage
+2 resist all
+2 to all saving throws
+1 to AC

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery, Cloak of the Walking Wounded Second Wind, Boot of the Fencing Master shift,
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Withering Courage, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc, Benefactor Armor Enc, Recoil Shield Knockdown Immediate Reaction
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Song of Discord, Canon of Avoidance, Unintended Feint, Harmonic Spellblade Boon, Benefactor Armor Daily,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

Skills:
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +5, Athletics +12, Bluff +11, Diplomacy +19, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +11, Heal +11, History +5, Insight +9, Intimidate +15, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +5, Stealth +4, Streetwise +11, Thievery +4

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log][sblock=Mark of Trogdor]
1. Thorkelson, a bald, tattooed man, entered the hangman's tavern and recruits Halleck and Vimak for a job. Thorkelson, needed some protection at the docks, but apparently had some sinister other motive, since he used drinks from the bar to drug Halleck and Vimak.

2. Wake up in the middle of a fight, being helped by strangers. Give the bandits a beating,

3. Get approached by the bandit leaders, who have two girls that look exactly like that one we want. The real girl is revealed, and natural, a fight breaks out. After we smash the goons, their leader, Hank the Tank comes out. And, eventually, Hank gets killed.

4. Get the real mission: deliver Lerrick to brother Buchta, so he can remove the mark of Trogdor from her forehead. The mark is in indicator to all that Lerrick has been chosen to be sacrificed to the dragon Bosch. Your quest as of now is to provide safe passage for Lerrick to brother Buchta so that he can perform the ritual. This includes taking her to the portal, traveling thought it, and then taking her from the portal to brother Buchta's place of residence.

5. Delivered Lerrick, performed the ritual, saved the day. However, discovered an evil dragon named Bosch who wears a necklace which makes him a juggernaut. Halleck carries a shield which should counter this effect. Adventurers now must stop the dragon.
[/sblock][sblock=Trogdor 1.5]1. Wait at Tavern.
2. Fight in tavern vs statues.
3. Kick Statue butt.
[/sblock]1. Wait at Tavern.

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Vimak Stonecarver, Goliath Runepriest 9

Vimak leaves the tavern with his companions and the cleric. At the cafe, he takes a seat next to Halleck.

[sblock=ooc]

sheet is ready, but not approved

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Vimak Stonecarver
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Normal Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 21 Reflex 19 Will 21
Initiative: +6
Hit Points: 70 / 70 Bloodied: 35
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw:
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:17 Surges per day: 10 / 11
At-Will Powers: Word of Diminishment, Word of Binding
Encounter Powers: Rune of Mending 2/2, Stone’s Endurance, Walk it Off, Flames of Purity, Symbol of Wrath Reversed, Word of Befuddlement
Daily Powers: Rune of Endless Fire, Shield of Sacrifice, Cage of Light, Rune of Shielding

Condition:

[sblock=Non active]
WoD (Destruction)
W3 gains vulnerability all 2 (but 5 vs OAs) until next round

RUNESTATE: DESTRUCTION
- adjacent allies gain +1 to attacks vs enemies adjacent to Vimak (none)

Battle Wrath
Vimak deals 4 extra damage to enemies who hit him in the previous round.

Runestate (Protection)
adjacent allies have resist all 2

[/sblock]

[sblock=Dread Weapon]
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, and the target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily ✦ Fear): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with this weapon. The target takes the weapon’s enhancement bonus as a penalty to defenses and checks until the end of your next turn.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Nementah follows, looking interestedly at new surroundings. She sits quietly

[sblock=Nementah]
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 16, Passive Perception 22
HP 61/61, Bloodied 30, Surge Value 15, Surges 11/11
AC 19; Fortitude 19, Reflex 18, Will 19
1 AP
Speed 6

+1 to hit vs bloodied enemies

Spirits Shield
Protecting Strike
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit of the Tempest

Voyage of the Ancients
Wrath of the Destroyer
Pursuit of the Hunter
Healing spirit
Healing spirit
Speak with spirits
Certain threat

Cleansing Wind of the North
Protective Roots
Winds of Pain and Succor
Spirit of the Keeper
Spirit of the Earth Rerisen

Repulsion Armor daily

[/sblock]

[sblock=Primera - please read]
Primera grants to those adjacent:
+1 NADs
+4 to surge value on second wind
+8 to surge value on healing spirit
4thp on healing spirit

Primera can make OA:
Trigger: Enemy leaves a square adjacent to SC without shifting
Attack: +10 vs. Reflex
Hit: 4 damage
Effect: One ally within 5 squares of SC regains 4hp

Primera CANNOT flank, grant CA, cover
Primera cannot be targeted or damaged by area attacks

If she takes 14hp in single melee or ranged attack she dissapears and Nementah takes 8damage (can be reduced by DR)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco joins the priest at the table, sitting directly across.

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED:

Initiative +6; Senses Passive Insight 19, Passive Perception 24
HP 80/80, Bloodied 40, Surge Value 20+1, Surges 12/12
AC 24; Fortitude 22, Reflex 20, Will 21
1/1 AP
Speed 5
MBA: +14/1d8.minroll(2)+10
CC: +17/1d8.minroll(2)+13
OA: +17/1d8.minroll(2)+10

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Sweeping Blow
Kirre's Roar
Second Wind
Echoing Assault
Guardian's Counter
Shadow Step

Villain's Menace
Dancing Defense
Bone Crusher

Foe Maker Hand Axe - daily, standard, everyone within 5 squares are marked by Rocco
Mithral Chainmail - daily, immediate reaction, halve the damage of melee or ranged attack
Foe chaser boots - Daily immediate reaction: Trigger: Marked enemy makes an attack that doesn't include Rocco. Effect: Rocco teleports adjacent to the marked enemy.
Flesh Grinder Gauntlet Axe +2 - Daily free: Trigger: make an attack that attacks AC; Effect: Attack targets Fort and deals extra 1d6 damage
Counterstrike Guards - Daily immediate reaction: Trigger: enemy misses Rocco with melee attack; Effect: Rocco makes MBA vs the enemy
Dual-Threat Gauntlets - Daily minor: flanking with Rocco grants +3 bonus instead of +2 for the encounter
Ghost Mask Ki Focus - Encounter free: attack that targets AC targets Will instead.

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Quan slides into the room late, "Sorry, I... uh, double tracked a couple times to make sure I wasn't followed."

[sblock=mini-stats]"Quan" Thatcher- Male Human Hunter 9

[sblock=Aspect] Aspect details will go here. [/sblock]

Initiative: +9, Passive perception: 22, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 22, For: 19, Ref: 23, Will: 22
HP: 65/65, Bloodied: 32, Surge value: 16, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused

Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot
Disruptive Shot, Disruptive Shot, Reactive Shift, Takedown Strike, Assassin's Shroud 1 2
Healing LoreEntangling Roots[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[MENTION=45437]JRYoung[/MENTION] Skalisss? Are you ready?
[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION] Raijin? Are you ready?

OOC: I'd like to get this going. I'll wait a day or two. I understand when RL sets in. Soooooo, I have set up a couple options. Let me know what you want to do everyone. Regardless, we will start by Tuesday, one way or another.

Option 1: The five who have answered the roll call can go forth with the adventure.

Option 2: You can recruit one or two from the vast pool of adventurers at the tavern

Option 3: You can go forth and if Skalisss and/or Raijin show up they can be inserted into the adventure whenever they can come.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases