D&D 4th Edition [Adventure]: Bosch's Revenge (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??) - Page 6




+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 825
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaVoid View Post
    Weren't we supposed to start on K column or more to the east/right? I would put Primera deeper if I thought we could get closer...

    Merry Christmas!
    and to you as well

    Start at K or east, then a free movement action.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    As the paladin looks on at the grisly scene, the man by the wall begins to talk

    Enough! They're not falling for it. Thorwald!, give Lucy a healing potion.

    Yes sir! The thug to the fallen girl's right pulls a potion out of his pouch and pours the liquid from the vial into the girl's mouth. Within seconds the girl is revived.

    Thorwald...Thomas...please...help me up? The two do so.

    Err...sorry sis.

    No apology necessary Thomas. I know you don't like doing that, but what else can we do. Turning her head to the man by the wall. Did it work?...(seeing the party for the first time)...umm...I guess not...this is awkward.

    The man the turns to the girl. Lucy, I'll take over from here. Sit down and tend to your wounds. Turning back to the dragonborn and the sorcerer, Please, stand down, we are no threat to you anymore. While we have your atttention however, can you spare a few moments to hear an old fool's tale. I've...done something terrible...and more will suffer if they are not stopped?


    As the man finishes his statement he pulls a hidden lever on the wall adjacent to him. Immediately, a huge section of road (shown now on the map) falls away, revealing a steep ramp covered in oil descending into total darkness.

    They...roam about down there. We are slaves to them. If we don't do there bidding, they will kills us...as them done so to so many of our...friends and family members. Please...can you help us?

    OOC:
    Hello all. Who's out there

    I'm going to give you experience for not falling for the trap here. Congrats!

    Decision time:
    Do you help out the group or do you move on down the road through the rest of the slums to the cemetery.

    Last edited by dimsdale; Tuesday, 27th December, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #53
    OOC: I will be traveling/offline/not-posting till 12/30/11.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #54
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "You could've asked us to come and help. You can't really expect us to walk into your trap after you just tried to put us there via subterrefuge. Even then, beating your poor offspring is...unusual. We are in some hurry, maybe we can come back later when we're done?"

    Nementah comes closer, speaking, but has no intention of going down, final question going toward her group. Primera moves as she does, stepping in the air over the hole and getting adjacent to the speaker again. Not attacking, but being careful still.

  • #55
    "They were obviously distressed, fearing for their lives. Unless you sense more subterfuge at hand now, we should help them," Halleck said. "For all we know, the darkness below may serve the darkness we seek. We are heroes; we should help."
    L4E Character: Jin | Pic | Token

  • #56
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,002

    Ignore Neurotic
    "I bet the dragon will attack while we're dithering around. Luckily for you, we still don't have everything we need so we can help.
    grumbles the dwarf

    He comes closer and eyes the opening
    "Know this: if this becomes another ruse to get us out, I'll get Red Boots all over you before I get close and personal and boot you personally out of town."

    Lass, can you get the horse down first?

  • #57
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    JRYoung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,045

    Ignore JRYoung
    Skalisss tries to judge the intent of the old man and determine if he is telling the truth.

  • #58
    Quan moves silently forward.

    "I'm not sure we should delay here."

    He clearly is not trusting these strangers.

  • #59
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Skalisss

    He seems to be telling the truth


    As more members from the party make their way around the corner, the man gasps as he sees the Shaman. His eyes fixate Nementah. You...are a wilden...the one... he states in a stunned voice. Regaining his composer, he turns to the others

    Go now to the place I talked about.! No longer will you be slaves to them to do their bidding.


    But Jerick!

    No! Not a word more! It was my blinded desire to retrieve the branch of life that got us into this mess. I now have hope that I can get us out of it. Go...Now! When the branch of life is brought to you, you'll know what to do! One of them opens a nearby door and the other helps the woman through it. The door closes and it is silent.

    The man turns to the party. Please now, hear my tale before deciding whether or not to depart.

    I am Jerick, an arch druid and devoted follower of lord Relkath, the Sidhe lord of infinite branches. Not too long ago he was slain. I have my suspicions on the culprit, but I cannot go into that now. In his death the branch of life was taken from him. It was and still is my belief that the one who took the branch does not know its true power. It was my mission from that point on to locate and retrieve the branch so that it could be given to a lord so that he or she could become the new watcher of the forest.

    In my binded pursuit of the artifact, I learned from one of our order, Sarayah, that the branch was possibly located in the caverns deep below Daunton. I took her advice a led a group 25 other of my order to locate the branch. Sarayah later betrayed us as she took us to a large cavern. There we stopped to eat. She had drugged our food...causing us to sleep. When we woke up we found that we were bound, without the ability to see.

    I yelled out to see if everyone was okay. Everyone was in the same situation I was in...accept Sarayah, who laughed and then called out in a language unknown to me. Deep voices replied and came near. They told her to remove the blinds from my eyes as well as the three others who you met earlier. I screamed as before me where floating eyes. The looked at me as with evil grins before feasting on four of the members of my order! Sarayah laughed as they gorged themselves.

    The largest of the monsters then floated to me and told me that they would eat the others if we didn't supply them with more humanoid flesh. You...
    <pointing to the party> were our first attempt of finding a...food...source. We were told that we were bound to them by the mark on our forearms. Everytime the mark burned, it was a sign that onother member of our order had been devoured. We've felt the pain from the mark five times since trying to figure out a plan to serve them.

    Please...help me put an end to this utter evil. Whether I make it out alive matters not to me, as long as the remaining members of my order are saved and the artifact is found and delivered to a suitable replacement. I suspect that Sarayah now has it. What foul plans she has for it I know not. Please, will you help me!
    Jerick can't stop the tears now flowing from his eyes.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Thursday, 29th December, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #60
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saint Martin
    Posts
    2,042

    Ignore MetaVoid
    "Relkath? I've heard of him, but he's the legend in my tribe. I never thought I'll find it's true. Truthfully, I don't care about you being druid or not, but I do about suffering of those under you.

    So, if we count, there is four of you, four plus five dead and this Sarayah out of twenty five. Which means we have eleven people to save. And, if you're truthful, help one of the Great Lords of the Forest."


    Nementah suddenly seems eager to go. Primera walks on the air down the slope.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 232
      Last Post: Thursday, 10th April, 2014, 11:09 PM
    2. [Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 509
      Last Post: Sunday, 9th June, 2013, 02:18 PM
    3. [adventure]:The Search for Vlastoes (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 222
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th February, 2013, 12:52 PM
    4. Replies: 927
      Last Post: Tuesday, 24th July, 2012, 07:29 AM
    5. [Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)
      By dimsdale in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 917
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 10:55 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •