Proposal: Item Rarity

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A. Item rarity rules will not be used. In modern 4e terms, all magic items are Common, functioning as magic items have for the rest of the game's history.

B. Item daily power limits are removed, as they are in the most current 4e RAW rules.

C. A specific item power can only be used once per day (for daily powers) or once per encounter (for encounter powers) no matter how many copies of that item you have. Characters who use a weapon or implement in each hand with the same enchantment may instead use that enchantment's power twice per encounter/day as appropriate. (Taken verbatim from WEContact's post).
I'm going ahead and voting YES on A. B. & C. Since this is the way I've been playing it in my adventures (both as a player and a DM) since the beginning. It makes for fun game play, and reduces the complexity associated with combat tracking.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I'm OK with putting it in, but I always thought that would go without saying since that's what "Impart Energy" was designed to do. :)

Son of Meepo

First Post
You might want to consider a limit of rare items however. The assumption is that they will be much more powerful than other items of their level and that a given PC will acquire at most one such item per tier. Allowing PCs to freely buy rare items may skew things a bit much.

CaBaNa

First Post
Trying to avoid "goes without saying".

D: characters may have 1 rare item per tier, 1 at Heroic, 2 at Paragon, 3 at Epic.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
It's been more than 48 hours so A, B, and C have passed and added to the Charter. If people want further item-related houserules (such as the limit on rare items proposed) might as well keep using this thread.

Remove ads