[LPF] Roaming Dead

jbear

First Post
"Kia Kakari Taniwha!" booms Maui at his cheetah companion who springs forward dodging between Arianna and the skeleton who slashes at the swift animal's flank as it bounds by. The cheetah snaps back at its attacker ripping a leg off tumbling it to the ground in a heap. Maui follows in after him howling his praise at his companion's skill and bravery. His recklessness draws an attack from another nearby skeleton. Unphased he lays into the undead creature with his scimitar.

[sblock=Actions] Swift Action: Handle Animal: Attack 2 to attack undead creatures
Taniwha: Move to AA8 provoking an OAtk from Skeleton @AB9 then Standard: Bite at that same Skeleton
Special Combat Manuever: Trip (I'm guessing that is a success, this is my first time with Trip or using a Combat Manuevre in general. Someone please correct me if I've done it wrong) ... doh, forgot Bless (hit anyways)

Maui: Move to AA6 drawing OAtk from skeleton @AB6
Standard attack vs same Skeleton.[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
As Eanos' Arrow flies into the skeleton crushing it's skull, Taniwha rushes at one of the skeletons, drawing an attack from the skeleton, taking moderate damage. Unfortunately Taniwha's claws pass harmlessly through the skeleton. However the great cat is able to successfully knock the skeleton's legs out from under it. Meanwhile Maui likewise rushes a skeleton and also draws an attack from said Skeleton, and also takes moderate damage. Maui however is able to fell the skeleton.

GM: Maui takes 3 damage, Taniwha takes 2 damage. The Skeleton that Taniwha attacked is now Prone. I am still waiting for actions from Fulgrim

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Two little points:
a) Arianna's claw missed wildly, not Taniwha's.
b) Taniwha's bite does bludgeoning damage bypassing DR, so the skeleton he hit is at least injured, if not worse. Claws are bludgeoning/slashing and bites do all three damage types bludgeoning/slashing/piercing. Bestiary page 302. That is why Arianna dropped her spear in favor of using her claws.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim continues to press his attack in the tomb unabated as he makes another vicious swing of his great axe at the skeleton still near him.

[sblock=OOC]
Raging Power Attack on Skeleton in spot AA11.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Fulgrim Ironforge
Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 41 Current: 31
CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--

MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

[sblock=Fulgrim, Raging]
AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

Damage Reduction: 1/--
Rage: 10/14

MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Two little points:
a) Arianna's claw missed wildly, not Taniwha's.
b) Taniwha's bite does bludgeoning damage bypassing DR, so the skeleton he hit is at least injured, if not worse. Claws are bludgeoning/slashing and bites do all three damage types bludgeoning/slashing/piercing. Bestiary page 302. That is why Arianna dropped her spear in favor of using her claws.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Okay, honestly, and I thought tripping with a 5 inch blade was uncannily counter intuitive... this takes the cake. My apologies for confusing Taniwha and Arianna's individual attack methods. But really? Bite Qualifies as Piercing, Slashing AND Bludgeoning? How does that work in a real world example except maybe in the case of a Crocodile or Alligator who have several tons of pure force behind their jaws?? Sorry, not that I can really change the rules. But yes, in the case that Taniwha's attack does Bludgeoning Damage it does in fact not just trip the undead, it kills it as well.

I will add in a final update for this round as soon as I get a chance.[/sblock]

Rolyat58

First Post
Davian Smilebeard (Halfling Rogue)

Davian tries to keep a low profile as he comes out from behind the wall where the mechanism was to take aim at the nearest skeleton. He tries to find the best position that will keep him hidden whilst also giving him a clear shot that has the least chance of hitting a teammate.

OOC: Alright for some reason it rolled three times, sorry bout that :p Also, I didn't know how to simulate a d3 so I just put a -1 mod on the damage roll and rolled a d4

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Combat Post

[sblock=Off Topic]Sorry it took me so long to get a post up, but I had to get accustomed to my new Laptop. I am hoping that I am able to post this more frequently now that I think I am getting used to having this laptop.[/sblock]

between everyone's efforts you are able to bring the undead numbers down to a measly 5 skeletons left standing. However these undead seem more determined than ever to bring the rest of you to your knee's. One of them attacks Maui, Two of them attack Fulgrim, and two others attack the Celestial Dog. Fortunately because one of the Skeletons had to move into Range of Fulgrim in order to attack him, Fulgrim is able to counter attack that Skeleton. The two skeletons attacking Fulgrim both miss him with wild abandon. Likewise the Skeleton attacking Maui also misses him. However the Celestial Dog suffers two blows, one of which is absolutely devastating.

[sblock=Map and Combat Information]
52yu50.jpg

Party: Ongoing Bless Buff (+1 to Attack Rolls and Fear Saves, 8 more rounds.)

Arianna 17 / 17 Current HP + 11 Temporary HP
Fulgrim 31 / 41 Current HP
Davian 8 / 8 Current HP
Eanos 23 / 23 Current HP
Maui 13 / 13 Current HP
Taniwha 16 / 16 Current HP
Ni 16 / 16 Current HP
Lumoi'es 11 / 11 Current HP
Celestial Dog 6 / 17

===============

Skeleton 1 to 4 = DEAD
Skeleton @ AA 11 = Severely Damaged
Skeleton @ AC 13 = Undamaged
Skeleton @ AC 11 = Undamaged
Skeleton @ AB 10 = Undamaged
Skeleton @ AB 07 = Undamaged[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1)

Releasing her holy symbol so it falls back to her chest on its chain, Arianna swings her massive claw at the next skeleton in reach, shattering it and stepping on its bones as she moves forward to attack the next. The second skeleton dodges her other claw.
[sblock=actions]free release holy symbol to let it fall back to the end of the necklace, Claw at AB10, drop it, only one swing was needed, 5' forward to AB10 and use other claw against AC11.[/sblock][sblock="ongoing +1 attack buff"]Bless +1 to attack and fear saves, 8 more rounds[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +1, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . . . . . . . . . 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/11, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Jolt +2, d3, RTA spell
Active Enhancements: Mage Armor (1.5 hours), Bless +1 Attack
In hand: claw/claw[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Do the coffins provide any kind of cover / concealment, or are they just there to add atmosphere since this is a tomb?[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: Bless (+1 attack & saves vs. fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Compound Longbow

Arrows: Cold Iron: 20/20
Blunt Silvered: 19/20

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 2/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Remove ads