[LPF] Roaming Dead

IronWolf

blank
[sblock=OOC]
I agree with SK on this one. Sounds like he is active military duty, so I would cut him some slack, NPC him and hope he gets to post enough that he has fun! There are plenty of folks willing to head to the front and we seem to be doing fine through the combats so far. So we should be fine with him NPC'ed and him popping in as he can.
[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Busy weekend - had a friend in town. Will post when I get home from work tomorrow afternoon.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the delay, All; I appreciate the patience.[/sblock]"Oh man - not again!"

As Arianna charges, Ni moves forward past Davian, scooping up a small stone as he moves. Planting his feet, the little gnome chucks the stone, which whirls end over end, growing and changing as it does so; arcing over the head of one of the skeletons, the stone, now in the form of a pearly white canine, lands solidly on all fours. Distracted by Arianna's assault, the skeleton is left wide open to the magical creature, which lands a huge bite on it.

Lu scampers up towards the action, but for now is unable to find its way into the fray.

[sblock=Actions]Ni moves to L7, summons a Celestial Dog (using bracketed stats) with Weapon Focus (Bite) at G7.
CD attacks skeleton (+8 = +5 base +2 flank +1 Weapon Focus) at H7 using smite evil (+2 Damage).
Lu moves to J8.[/sblock][sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 3/3

Eidolon: Summoned
HP:11/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
GM: Um... OK, actions are in for the turn, will update the thread with results tomorrow morning. I unfortunately am going to bed early tonight as I have to be up early tomorrow and only just noticed these updates.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Davian moves forward so that he can fire a crossbow bolt at the last remaining skeleton. His bolt succeeds in damaging the skeleton but doesn't destroy it. However before you can regroup to finish the skeleton off, a fourth skeleton emerges from around the far corner. This skeleton however is wearing half-plate armor, and carrying a very nice longspear armor. It lands a devastating blow upon the Celestial Dog with relative ease, as it turns its attention upon you, it has glowing embers in it's eyes and the look of moderate intelligence within it... something that sets it apart from the previous mindless undead that you have fought thus far. Meanwhile the Skeleton that Davian injured moves forward and attacks Maui, though this action provokes an attack from Taniwha. Fortunately the attack against Maui swings wide and misses Maui.

[sblock=Map and Combat Information]
2iizddt.jpg

Arianna 17 / 17 HP + 7 Temporary HP
Fulgrim 39 / 41 HP
Davian 8 / 8 HP
Eanos 23 / 23 HP
Maui 13 / 13 HP
Taniwha 16 / 16 HP
Ni 16 / 16 HP
Lumoi'es 11 / 11 HP
Celestial Dog 9 / 17 HP

==================

Skeleton 0 = Destroyed
Skeleton 1 = Destroyed
Skeleton 3 = Gravely Damaged
Unidentified Skeleton 4 = Undamaged, @ Position E-7[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos decides the druid and his companion have the normal skeleton properly pinned, and chooses to focus his attack on the more menacing newcomer. He looses another blunt arrow, but despite his own ferocious focus, the shaft merely glances off the armor.

[sblock=actions]Blunt arrow attack vs. armored skeleton:

Blunt silvered longbow attack; damage vs. armored skeleton. (1d20+6=7, 1d8+1=7)

Obvious miss, trying Determination (Aggression) ability to re-roll:

Determination re-roll (1d20+6=12)

Boo. Still a miss, unless that's really, really soft armor. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]Eanos Setirav
Initiative: +6
AC: 17
HP: 23 Current: 23
CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +7

Conditions: none

In Hand: Compound Longbow.

Arrows: Cold Iron: 20/20
Blunt Silvered: 17/20
CLW Wand charges: 49/50 remaining

Judgement: 1/1 Remaining Determination: 1/2 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (4/4 remaining)(DC 14): Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Ni's stone-turned-celestial-dog whirls around and lashes out at the newest skeleton to appear. Ni himself steps up. "Whoa! This party keeps getting bigger all the time."

Waving his hand, the gnome calls out, "Whoops - butter fingers!" and the skeleton's spear suddenly becomes coated in a magical grease. The skeleton clutches manically, trying to maintain its grip. Lu's eyes watch intently, waiting for the skeleton to drop his weapon so that it can move in.

[sblock=Actions]CD 5' step to F7. Attack +6.
Ni moves to J7, casts Grease on the skeleton-at-E7's spear (DC 15 or skeleton drops the spear).

I'm going to hold on Lu's actions for this round to wait and see if the skeleton drops its weapon, and what the others are doing; I'm reserving the right to still have it act this round if the opportunity presents itself.[/sblock] [sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Perception: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/9
Spells:
- 0: Infinite
- 1: 2/3

Eidolon: Summoned
HP:11/11
Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+3, 1d6+2
- 2 Claws:
+3, 1d4+2[/sblock]

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
The Celestial Dogs bite attack does not manage to connect with the skeleton. Meanwhile the attempt to force the skeleton to drop it's spear does not seem to work as the boney grip of the skeletons hands manages to keep hold of the spear despite the grease.

[sblock=OOC]I am unclear, if the bite attack does not connect, does the Trip attack automatically fail? or are they treated separately? If they are treated separately then the skeleton has been knocked prone. If they are the same, then the skeleton has not been.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ugh. That's an unfortunate was of some decent rolls.

You're correct in that the trip attempt is only applicable if the bite hits (finally, a rule that makes implicit sense ;)).[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna charges forward, drawing her own pointy stick and sinks it deep into the abomination's armor.
[sblock=actions]charge 10' to G7, attack with longspear from 10' reach, dog not tall enough to provide soft cover[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +1, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none

Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . . . . . . . . . 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/7, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Jolt +2, d3, RTA spell
Active Enhancements: Mage Armor (1.2 hours), Charge +2 att, -2 AC = 17
In hand: longspear[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads