[LPF] Roaming Dead - Page 8




  1. #71
    Fulgrim seems to be gaining his composure, the red fading from his face and the sweat dissipating from his shaven head. As if coming back into awareness at Eanos' comment he replies "I could carry some more if we needin' de help."

    Fulgrim moves to help collect some of the bulkier items and fastening them to his pack in a manner to be secure and to minimize any movement the loose pieces might make.

 

  • #72
    Almost muttering to herself, "Oh yeah", remembering that things seem a lot lighter when Teq carries them, they stuff the other suit of armor into their backpack. "Let's find the source of these foul beings."

    "If we cut through Arcane Row, we can get the little one his tools."
    Last edited by Satin Knights; Wednesday, 14th December, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

  • #73
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Rolyat58's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gaston, IN
    Posts
    35

    Ignore Rolyat58

    Davian Smilebeard (Halfling Rogue)

    Davian takes his share of the coin and puts it away in his coinpurse in an almost somber silence, a look of strange grief on his face.

  • #74
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni pats Lu affectionately. "Oh, right, of course, Lu could be carryin' some things if need be. But it looks like you have it all figured out. So let's head on!"

    As the group heads out, Ni whispers something into Lu's ear, and the unclassifiable eidolon gives Maui a wet-but-friendly lick. Ni chuckles to himself from atop his mount.

  • #75
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    the group easily finds their way to the tomb that they were told about. The tomb is quite obviously unsealed, the exact reason why it has been unsealed however is something that is going to take some work to determine the cause of, and to fix.

    GM: Skill Challenge continues
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #76
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni hops off of Lumoi'es. "Hmm, very suspicious, this, very suspicious, indeed, it's not like the dead can just get up and walk over to the door and unseal it, though we've just seen walking dead, I suppose, so I suppose anything is possible..." Ni's torrent of words trails off to a murmur, though it continues.

    The gnome walks over to the tomb's entrance (taking care to be sure no undead are currently about), with Lumoi'es leading the way in case there's trouble. Inspecting the entrance, the gnome sifts through his mental knowledge of the magical and the beyond, being sure to give a little extra magical guidance to his memory; he also inspects the tomb for any magical residue. Lu, meanwhile, becomes distracted by a particularly edible-looking patch of grass nearby, and begins gnawing on some thoughtfully.

    OOC
    Not sure which is applicable, so I'll roll both Know (Arcana) and Know (Planes); unfortunately Know (Religion) isn't Ni's forte.

    Perception checks for anything interesting. Extra +1 to Know (Arcana) from Guidance.

    Ni also casts Detect Magic on the tomb.
    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 8/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 3/3

    Eidolon: Summoned
    HP:11/11
    Eidolon AC: 16 (FF: 14; Touch: 12)
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +3, 1d6+2
    - 2 Claws:
    +3, 1d4+2

  • #77
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    The Tomb doesn't appear to have anything Extra Planar related to it other than the normal things associated with the Living Dead (Negative Energy and the like). Likewise though the Tomb does show faint traces of Necromantic Energies, there does not appear to be any obvious signs of spells having been slung in the immediate area that Ni can detect. At least not within the past 10 to 20 minutes. Further neither Ni nor Lu notice anything particularly unusual about the Tomb.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #78
    "P'haps someone was trying' to break inta the tomb?" Fulgrim states as Ni pokes around. Fulgrim also moves near the tomb entrance to look for any signs of forced entry or other oddity about the tomb.


    Mini Stats

    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
    AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
    HP: 41 Current: 33
    CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +3 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 1/--

    MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+4/20/x3)
    Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack

    Current Weapon in Hand: Great Axe

    Fulgrim, Raging

    AC: 15 (14 flat-footed, 9 Touch)
    HP: 47 Current: 47
    CMB: +8 CMD: 17 Fort: +9 Reflex: +1 Will: +3

    Damage Reduction: 1/--
    Rage: 12/14


    MW Greataxe +9 (1d12+7/20/x3) and
    Special: Power Attack for -1 to hit, +3 damage (to above)
    Furious Focus Removes -1 to hit on power attack



  • #79
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    Fulgrim, due in part to the fact that he is a Dwarf, is able to determine that the stonework of the door to the Tomb has been forced open from the inside, and that sealing it would simply be a matter of forcing the door back into place.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #80
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,990

    Ignore jbear
    Quote Originally Posted by Qik View Post
    Ni pats Lu affectionately. "Oh, right, of course, Lu could be carryin' some things if need be. But it looks like you have it all figured out. So let's head on!"

    As the group heads out, Ni whispers something into Lu's ear, and the unclassifiable eidolon gives Maui a wet-but-friendly lick. Ni chuckles to himself from atop his mount.
    Maui looks startled as the creature gives him a lick. His uncertainty is clear upon his face as he gingerly reaches towards the creatures flanks and gives it a pat.

    "Do you see that Taniwha? Creature listens to his Little Old Man! Why can't you listen to Maui? Have you forgotten why we came here?"

    When they reach the tomb he muscles his way to the front of the group, Taniwha pacing by his side. He stands there arms folded across his chest looking at it for some moments before he declares:

    "It has been opened!"

    Not much of a detective Maui heads towards the door of the tomb. He peers down into the darkness. He equips his his shield and draws his sword touching the blade to his head.

    "Aho!"

    The blade begins to glow with a soft light.

    "Haere mai Taniwha" he commands before heading into the tomb. Taniwha pads along with him into the darkness seemingly as curious as his druid.

    ooc
    Maui casts Light on his sword and uses Handle Animal: Heel trick to have Taniwha follow him into the tomb. He searches the shadows as he enters for anything out of place, especially anything that is moving.
    Last edited by jbear; Thursday, 15th December, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Walking Dead 3.7 "When the Dead Come Knocking" (spoiler warning)
      By NewJeffCT in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Saturday, 8th December, 2012, 12:05 AM
    2. It's dead, Jim -- returning after dead hard drive
      By Wombat in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Friday, 15th December, 2006, 07:14 AM
    3. Rolecall for the Dead - Bring out your dead!
      By mafisto in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 48
      Last Post: Tuesday, 11th October, 2005, 03:12 AM
    4. Keeping the dead... dead.
      By Rkhet in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 54
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th August, 2005, 11:31 PM
    5. Way o the Dead
      By Messageboard Golem in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th January, 2003, 05:00 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •