Proposal: Make weldon an admin on the L4W wiki

weldon

Explorer
In a nutshell: I'd like to have admin privileges on l4w.wikia.com

I've been trying to make some contributions to the L4W wiki, recently creating a pc infobox template and coming up with a tabbed interface. In the past, I created the PC namespace and the dynamic character table. Last year I was granted temporary admin privileges to move all character pages into the PC namespace. I gave those up voluntarily when that project was done because there was really no provision in the charter for someone who had admin rights on the wiki but wasn't a judge.

I've got some ideas to use Layout Builder to make it even easier for people to add character and adventure pages to the wiki. To do that, I need to be an admin. Rather than ask for temporary access again, I thought I would make a more formal proposal to amend the charter to allow for a wiki admin or wiki facilitator role in L4W.

I would not be a full Judge for L4W, but a wikia admin only.

I solemnly promise to use these powers only for good.

My wikia username is R3w1nd

Nebten

First Post
I think we all see where this is going ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGTTG4Bbjf0&feature=related]Jar Jar-less Senate Scene - YouTube[/ame]

covaithe

Explorer
I think this is fine. I've glanced over the Layout Builder docs (such as they are) and I'm not totally convinced that it will help much, but I'm certainly happy for you to make the attempt if you feel up to it. You've certainly demonstrated that you know what you're doing with the wiki, and there's no reason to think you'll abuse what power there is. Besides, as far as I can tell, an Admin's actions are all reversible in Wikia. ;)

I'm not sure there's a need for a proposal for this; we're not suggesting any change to the charter as far as I can see, just that someone flip a switch to give you admin access. The charter says nothing about this; I think I can just do it.

That said, I'll wait a bit to see if anyone objects to me just doing it. Bump this tomorrow and if no one's complained, I'll just do it.

weldon

Explorer
Yes, this is definitely a "lightweight" proposal. I just wanted to do everything above board in case anyone did object.

If anyone does have reservations... speak now or forever hold your peace. ;)

weldon

Explorer
I object;

I = new approvalObject();

I.setApproval(true);

return I;

When I got the email notification a couple days ago, all I saw was the opening line...

"I object"

I thought I was in trouble :)

Thanks for updating my privileges, [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION]

Remove ads