George Takei attempts to unite feuding Star Trek & Star Wars alums/fans

NewJeffCT

First Post
Takei's message may also be helpful to parents. It's impossible to read everything your kids read, and the subtler dangers are easy to miss.

It's definitely a good message for parents as well - especially since I have an almost 9 year old daughter.

Another post of Takei's from his almost always funny Facebook page had a picture of Emma Watson/Hermione Granger and another of Kristen Stewart/Bella... the caption for Hermione is: When the love of Hermione's life left her, she continued to search for the keys to destroy the world's most powerful dark wizard. The caption for Bella is: When the love of Bella's life left her, she curled up into a fetal position, went numb for months and then jumped off a cliff."

When the love of Hermione's life left her, she continued to search for the keys to destroy the world's most powerful dark wizard. The caption for Bella is: When the love of Bella's life left her, she curled up into a fetal position, went numb for months and then jumped off a cliff."

I've also enjoyed this one:

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Erm... I think people may have missed Takei's real message in all of this; stop taking fiction so damn seriously.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
There are fandoms, and then there are hatedoms

I'm no Twilight fan but this one of the dumbest things I've seen on the internet. Why do fan bases need to hate other fan bases? Do people really care what other like?
While I agree with you, I thought Takei was just poking some harmless fun at Twilight. It's popular, so it's a target. Both Star Wars and Star Trek have loads of people making fun of them, no reason Twilight should be left out.

That said, I'm otherwise with you on the dislike of hatedoms.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I suppose The Doctor could cause a mechanical resonance to build in a skull with it, eventually causing a head to 'splode...effective against zombies. At least a nuisance for other undead.

Remove ads