Recommend good PS3 RPG games?

My fiancee and I played through this one and had a good time with it. For us, it was a good story told along with a fun co-op experience, which is our key deciding factor most often.

We're currently playing Hunted together and it's definitely not an RPG but is effectively a shooter with an interesting way of providing co-op play. This is by the company that made the recent-ish Bard's Tale game for the PS2 among other systems.

We're also considering the LotR-setting game War in the North if we can find it again. It makes me think of the PS2 game that came out about a group that ran parallel to the main story line but I won't know more until I can get a chance to play it.

That's cool, the only game I could ever get my wife to play with me was the PS2 LOTR: The Third Age game. We played it and beat it together like 5 times. She liked it because it was a turn-based coop and allowed her time to figure out what to do, she won't play anything else unless "it's like that game." You'll have to let me know if the new LOTR game War in the North is like the old ps2 game. By the way is Dungeon Siege III anything like that as well or do you have any recommendations for ps3 games that are turn-based co-op? I picked up Eternal Sonata not too long ago and am going to check and see if that's anything close to what she'd like to try and play with me.

Tharian

First Post
That's cool, the only game I could ever get my wife to play with me was the PS2 LOTR: The Third Age game. We played it and beat it together like 5 times. She liked it because it was a turn-based coop and allowed her time to figure out what to do, she won't play anything else unless "it's like that game." You'll have to let me know if the new LOTR game War in the North is like the old ps2 game. By the way is Dungeon Siege III anything like that as well or do you have any recommendations for ps3 games that are turn-based co-op? I picked up Eternal Sonata not too long ago and am going to check and see if that's anything close to what she'd like to try and play with me.
I'll have to let you know after we pick it up. It'll likely be the one we go for after we finish up Hunted now that we're into the final chapter. Road-trip holidays are going to slow down progress in that game, though.

Dungeon Siege III is not a turn-based game. It's definitely real-time, but the character interactions (among the PCs and with the NPCs) were a highlight for her. I would more often let her choose the dialog paths instead of choosing myself. The replay factor is there, too, since we still have a couple other characters to run through the game and learn their stories.

I own Eternal Sonata as well, but we haven't tried it as a multiplayer game in a while. It shifts from turn-based to almost real-time as the game goes on in default so that might not appeal to your wife, but that might be a setting you can change. I just don't recall off the top of my head.

[MENTION=20334]Tharian[/MENTION] cool! Thanks for the heads up about Eternal Sonata, the info about DSIII, and yes, please let me know what you and your fiancee think about War in the North. I might have to go ahead and pick up hunted, even if she won't play it with me because I think it looks fun :p

Tharian

First Post
A bit of a res for this post but I've been out of town for various reasons the past few weeks and am catching up on things.

We finished Hunted and really enjoyed that one. My fiancee even commented that she enjoyed the storyline from that one and was hoping to try other things with the game to go for more of the trophies. This one caught me off-guard since she hasn't shown much interest in the trophies the various games provide.

We received Sacred 2 for Christmas as a gift and looked to try that one next. Right off the bat, neither one of us got into the feel of the system. We initially said we'd give it another shot, but we haven't taken it out of the case since then. I think that tells me all I need to know right there.

Still haven't purchased War in the North yet but will likely do that soon since Sacred 2 doesn't look likely to pan out.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases