SANTIAGO/Myths of the Far Future (Most of) the Myths of the Far Future Player's Guide

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post

Hybrid View

The Guvnor
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Blog Entries
    13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Ignore Morrus
    My communities:

(Most of) the Myths of the Far Future Player's Guide

This is a sneak preview of where the 4E Player's Guide is at so far. Please note - it isn't finished yet! Amongst other things we have sections to add:
    • At the beginning, explaining what MOFF is, and what the SANTIAGO adventure path it, and how to use the book as a generic D&D Future sourcebook
    • A section on notable NPCs in the default setting
    • A section which translates all the magic items in the D&D 4E PHB into technological items

The Pathfinder version is being worked on from scratch (we're taking a slightly different approach, since we came to realise we were actually writing "Pathfinder: Space / Pathfinder: Far Future").
    Attached Files Attached Files

A thread this significant deserves at least one response! I really like what have done with Myths of the Far Future. Its a nice tight system for futuristic adventure and it looks like it will be a blast to play through the adventure path when its ready.

/salute EN Publishing

The Guvnor

Blog Entries

Ignore Morrus
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Auraword View Post
    A thread this significant deserves at least one response!
    I completely agree!

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore jeffh
    I like very much. I might be running a Star Wars adventure path at some point and haven't been entirely satisfied with any rule set I've come across for it. This shows considerable promise and when that day finally arrives I imagine I'll either use Myths of the Far Future for it or something FUDGE-based of my own creation.

EDIT: I didn't put that link there, don't want it there, and can't find a way to get rid of it.
    Last edited by jeffh; Tuesday, 27th December, 2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Jeff Heikkinen

Now in initial playtesting, the Fantasy Infinity project!

Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Dice4Hire
    Hmm just posted to the feedback thread in general, and decided to come for a look in this forum and saw the Santiago sample PDF.

Overall it looks quite good, with some good ideas on making oddball alien races and such.

I had a bit of a question about choosing standard 4E races. They are described, but are they considered aliens for choosing alien abilities? I was not sure.

Also, how many feats can be taken form standard 4E? Most?

The Guvnor

Blog Entries

Ignore Morrus
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Dice4Hire View Post
    Hmm just posted to the feedback thread in general, and decided to come for a look in this forum and saw the Santiago sample PDF.

Overall it looks quite good, with some good ideas on making oddball alien races and such.

I had a bit of a question about choosing standard 4E races. They are described, but are they considered aliens for choosing alien abilities? I was not sure.

Also, how many feats can be taken form standard 4E? Most?
    All.

It's missing the initial intro page and a section at the end which make all that clear. The basic rule is: use everything exactly as written, but retheme some of it as follows. "Alien" is a race in the same way "Dragonborn" is, which is why we have presented Alien as its own race. Dragonborn would just be a predefined type of alien should you want to use it.

+ Log in or register to post