Catastrophe!

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz is taken completely off guard by the ship's transformation, and by Cadalis'. "Ho! Dis iz perfect! Somebody, come vit me, qvickly!" Ignatz leaps over the stairs and lands belowdecks. He finds the training room, and begins rummaging through the storage closets.

Finally, he emerges with a chess set.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
As Dina watches Ignatz race past her and then back again with an assortment of chess pieces in hand, she can't help being overcome by a mental image of Ignatz making this pieces "fight" like toy soldiers.

She smirks to herself and then continues about her business.

OOC: EDIT: BTW, Is there anyone waiting for a character review? Make sure your sheet is up on the Approval Requests wiki page. Dina can use on more approval herself, doesn't have to be a senior reviewer.

Last edited:

The Cursed One is simply lost for words. A smile creeps over his face bit by bit eventually overtaking his features. There is a slight element of pain in the expression as though the muscles were not used to taking such a shape. All he can manage is a question which he voices to the air.

"Good luck?"

He wanders up to one of the crew the uncomfortably deep smile still deforming his face.

"Where are the fishing poles and bait, mate?"

"You'll find a whole rack of 'em near the aft railing, need a hand gettin' set up, mate?"

[sblock=Arcana]Arcana (1d20+13=25)[/sblock]

Dina, the ever astute scholar had no trouble keeping up with Cadalis' tricks. Her ability to feel the dance of the dweomers laid upon the vessel was second nature, and she was almost instantly tuned to the energies around her. She scanned the ship to see if her employer had any more surprises in store.

She pondered the choices given. Fishing? That just seemed like a distraction from the boredom that comes with long stretches of idle time, not really something worthwhile. Fighting? She'd done enough of that recently, so she'd rather save the combat for when it was absolutely necessary. The bar? She needed her wits about her if she was to observe.

Shaking her head she followed after Cadalis.

"Beg your pardon, Captain, while I will probably just spend most of my time observing the voyage and recording it for posterity, I couldn't help notice that like me you are a scholar, a student of magic. Perhaps there is a thing or two you could teach me."

OOC: Dina is very interested in learning rituals, so learning rituals could be part of her payment.

"I was hoping that one of you might share my interests. How about you and I go down to my cabin and share a bit of study time in my personal library?"

Medina

Explorer
Corragan glowers at Cidalis. "So you are a trickster after all. I don't like being toyed with like this. Why don't you explain what's really going on, and why you've really brought us here?"

WEContact

First Post
Dina nods in acquiescence to Cidalis' request and follows him further into ship.

As Cadalis and Dina head to the depths of the yacht, Ignatz gives the noble a cartoonish stinkeye. "Hey now, boy, don't hyu try any fonny bizness. Poppa Ignatz got his eye on hyu. Hy got dibs, hoho." Ignatz continues to be undeterred by Dina's complete lack of even an acknowledgement that she and Ignatz are opposite genders. He is, as usual, a caricature of a flirt. He's outrageous that an observer might wonder, briefly, "Is it an act? Surely no one could be this ridiculous unironicly. Surely." We are doomed to wonder.

Sha'kar nods along as the changes occur on the captain and the ship, his close connection to the magical world giving him the insight to see through many illusions, so this one comes as no surprise. He approaches one of the crewmen after the captain leaves. Is there somewhere I could practice some alchemy during the trip?" he asks.

OOC: I'm gonna go ahead and create a tethercord while we sail. Also, along the same lines as Dina being intersted in rituals, I would be quite happy to receive alchemical formulas.

"But of course. Please do follow us down to my library. I have formulas, maps, charts, rituals, and for a standard fee, a large assortment of components, should you want to stock up on supplies."

OOC: Think of it as a standard shop that you can purchase components from. The only thing he won't have on hand is pure residuum. As far as formulas and rituals are concerned, you will have any rituals with Arcana as the skill available to you (and any alchemy formulas) from levels 1 to 5 available to you for purchase.

As Dina watches Ignatz race past her and then back again with an assortment of chess pieces in hand, she can't help being overcome by a mental image of Ignatz making this pieces "fight" like toy soldiers.

She smirks to herself and then continues about her business.

OOC: EDIT: BTW, Is there anyone waiting for a character review? Make sure your sheet is up on the Approval Requests wiki page. Dina can use on more approval herself, doesn't have to be a senior reviewer.

OOC: I'm a little bit busy this weekend, but well before I hand out any XP, I'll make sure to get any and all of you standard reviews if you need them.

Corragan glowers at Cidalis. "So you are a trickster after all. I don't like being toyed with like this. Why don't you explain what's really going on, and why you've really brought us here?"

"I do apologize for tricking you as I have with the ship and my demeanor. Unfortunately, my father, who does not care for my involvement in the IAC, has been attempting to keep strict tabs on all of my affairs and control the way that I conduct my business. To fool him, I have made sure that I keep my contacts in Daunton as strictly official, and "by the book"...well, by his book anyway. He supplies me with a certain amount of funding every month as long as I obey his rules. He knew that I was embarking on a trip for the IAC and said that I could only spend up to a certain amount on renting a ship for my trip, and only gave me half of what he would normally give me.

So instead of spending that money on renting a substandard ship that would likely sink this far out (were a storm to hit), I simply dweomered a life boat to appear as this ship, and dwoemered this ship to look like the Crest Hopper. Thankfully he doesn't visit his shipyard often, so he probably won't even know that the ship is missing. As long as we're back into port within about a week, I should be able to easily slip this ship back into its moorings back home. And since I didn't have to spend a single silver on renting a ship, I was able to fully stock this one!

Now, I do wish to get the chance to meet and speak with all of you more, and I promise that I will give more details of what this little trip entails over dinner. "

As Cadalis and Dina head to the depths of the yacht, Ignatz gives the noble a cartoonish stinkeye. "Hey now, boy, don't hyu try any fonny bizness. Poppa Ignatz got his eye on hyu. Hy got dibs, hoho." Ignatz continues to be undeterred by Dina's complete lack of even an acknowledgement that she and Ignatz are opposite genders. He is, as usual, a caricature of a flirt. He's outrageous that an observer might wonder, briefly, "Is it an act? Surely no one could be this ridiculous unironicly. Surely." We are doomed to wonder.

Cadalis smiles warmly at Ignatz (still wary of the barbarians disturbingly strong breath, but happy to have such good protection along for the journey).

"I wouldn't dream of trying anything funny, my good man Ignatz. Oh, and before the night is over, we shall most certainly have to have a little one on one match with that chess board you found. Until then!"

Cadalis looks around to make sure that the crew had everything handled, and that none of the other adventurers had anything else they would like to bring up, and if not, he heads down to his library with the two interested adventurers.

OOC: There's no way for a player to delete a post, only a site admin can do so, however, from what I've seen reading the different threads, the typical way to handle it is simply to put "Double Post" in ooc text and move on :)

WEContact

First Post
Cadalis smiles warmly at Ignatz (still wary of the barbarians disturbingly strong breath, but happy to have such good protection along for the journey).

"I wouldn't dream of trying anything funny, my good man Ignatz. Oh, and before the night is over, we shall most certainly have to have a little one on one match with that chess board you found. Until then!"

Ignatz takes the man's word at face value, and drops his suspicions without a second thought. Puzzlement takes the place of suspicion. "Oh, dot's vat it's for? Uh, hokay... if hyu say so. Don't ve need two boards to haff a match?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases