Catastrophe!

VanderLegion

First Post
[sblock=Yet More OOC...]

Sorry for not getting a chance to get back on this weekend and give you guys and update. Stick with me for just a few more hours, and I promise we will get things moving!

[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: I was actually thinking about the current situation with you being only lvl 1. I'd really like to keep the encounters where they are at, and I think you guys will be able to handle them, however, I would feel better if you were level three along with them...

So with the permission of yourself and the rest of your team-mates (and as a total exception to most of the rules here, but it will only apply to this adventure and only as long as you are IN this adventure and nowhere else with TCO), I would like to grant you 3rd level, putting you at the minimum XP for that level (2250 xp) and put you into an XP debt of 2250, to be paid off with the comming encounters (which actually should not take you too long with what I have planned). Of course, you will always be behind your other team-mates XP wise, and eventually they will be leveling to 4 and 5, while you may max out at level 4 with this adventure, but it's up to you.

Let me know the consensus, and then I promise I will get you guys the update you deserve. Thanks for sticking it out with me! [/sblock]
[sblock="OOC"]That works for me, should keep the encounters more doable without adjusting for the loss of Rilissa[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] How could I say no!? :D Whoever is judgung the adventure may have something to say about it though. I'm pretty sure TCO will be ok for this fight, so that gives me time to level him up and for the judge and the rest of the group to give the green light.

Btw for the team: If you ever want to say/shout at TCO for whatever reason and don't know how to call him as he has only ever given his name to Cadalis and its a bit of a mouthful at that, just call him whatever you like: "Hey you, wierd guy..." Part of his adventure hook is to find a name for himself, so if you want to be part of that feel free :) [/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: How could I say no!? :D Whoever is judgung the adventure may have something to say about it though. I'm pretty sure TCO will be ok for this fight, so that gives me time to level him up and for the judge and the rest of the group to give the green light.

Btw for the team: If you ever want to say/shout at TCO for whatever reason and don't know how to call him as he has only ever given his name to Cadalis and its a bit of a mouthful at that, just call him whatever you like: "Hey you, wierd guy..." Part of his adventure hook is to find a name for himself, so if you want to be part of that feel free :)
I read your background and I was totally planning on having Ignatz drag it out of you IC with a few silly questions. :p[/sblock]

OOC: Using previous rolls as requested

Corragan recoils from the attack of the Kruthik, reverting back into elven form to better deal with the unexpected horde of creatures. He summons a strong gale which lifts stones and rocks to hurl at the creatures.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Wild Shape. Shift to E1
Standard: Thorn Spray targeting F2 through J6. (I assume 6 and 14 are both dead by the funnny red symbol on them)

Attacks vs. Fort:
Worker 4: 8
Worker 5: 11
Worker 8: 22
Worker 10: 25
Worker 12: 20
Worker 13: 11

Elven Accuracy on Worker 4: 26

If there are still minimum 3 Kruthik alive (workers 4, 5 and 12 probably), within G2 to I4, and if Worker 10 is dead, so Corragan will not provoke an opportunity attack, then use an Action Point and Grasping Tide centred on H3. In this case, please make the rolls on my behalf, since I don't know how many rolls I should be making. Bear in mind, potential -4 to defences from Grasping Tide, +5 to damage from Dina's buff.

If Kruthik Worker 10 is not dead, use Move Action: Shift back to E1[/sblock]

[sblock=Thorn Spray Effect]Those hit takes a –4 penalty to all defenses until the end of Corragan's next turn[/sblock]

[sblock=Corragan: Grasping Tide... GO!]
There were 3 creatures within reach, so using his AP, Corragan attacks KW4, KW5, and KW12 with devastating effect. Due to the perfectly timed -4 penalty to all defenses, the Kruthik were all but helpless against Grasping tide, and not a one of the creatures managed to be missed! Dina's bonus to damage ensured that Grasping Tide had a powerful extra bit of whoop @$$, and two of the three creatures went down! See my next post for the full round update! [/sblock]

Last edited:

Buffeted by winds, slammed by gouges, and practically disintegrated by magics, the Kruthik are quickly dismantled by the adventurers. After only a few moments of battle, there are but four remaining combatants, who had (lucky for them) stayed near the outskirts of the fray, for they were able to stay away from the devastation enacted on the others.

Now that their brethren were no longer there to vie for the food source in front of them, they took to the offensive, each un-willing to share a meal with another, skittering in separate directions and attacking those seen.

Dina is slashed at by a lone worker simply evades the attack, ducking under a slashing claw.

The other's are not quite so lucky. Perhaps it is the momentum with which they surge toward their next meals, but all of their gnashing, clawing, and biting manage to allow them a temporary victory as The Cursed One, Ignatz, and Corragan are sliced and ripped. At the end of their charge, the kruthik go into their wild rampage of gnashing and biting all about them, hoping to get a mouthful of food.

[sblock=Actions]

OOC NOTE: Since we're missing Rilissa, and to make things fair, I gave you all a play buddy instead of having 3 gang up on Dina.

KW5 -
Standard: Charges TCO and hits for 4 damage. His sword reduces this to 3 damage.

KW9 -
Standard: Charges Corragan and hits for 7 damage.

KW11 -
Standard: Charges Ignatz and hits for 4 damage.

KW13 - Attacks Dina with Claw, but misses.

Attack rolls can be seen HERE. Damage can be seen HERE.

(NOTE: Minions simply dish out 4 damage per hit, which is not shown in the damage rolls).

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Running late for school. I will update this section tomorrow morning with HP's, defenses, etc.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Catastrophe - B1 - Rnd 3.jpg
    Catastrophe - B1 - Rnd 3.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 66

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo , time for a Provocative Order?

My Carnage Weapon's property dealt 2 extra damage when I hit K1 with Howling Strike, so it took 31 damage from that attack (37 after Furious Assault, see below).

Ignatz's brief surge of primal energy runs its course, and Ignatz grows a little more calculating. He slips away from his current target in order to get a running start on his next attack, but the whole thing is just poorly done. Ignatz swings and catches nothing but air- before he has a chance, however, Dina refocuses him with a quick command. Ignatz gleefully obliges.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Body of the Wolf, shift->C4
Move: ->A6
Standard: Charge->D5, Howling Strike MISS K11 AC 10[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 3
Initiative: 18, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:15 Will:12
HP: 31/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 10/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 2d6+8 brutal 1 (Bite: +9 vs AC, 1d8+6)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike, Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One waits a moment to see if Shak'ar moves into flanking position. When this becomes clear he calls upon the power of Lord of Light as he lifts his massive blade, bringing it down towards the chitinous creature with a curse: "The Sun burn through your thick skull, Anklebiter!!"

[sblock=Actions]TCO would wait to see if Shak'ar wants to flank with him and then attack. Either way though he will attack, so you can add a +2 CAdv bonus if Shak'ar decides to flank to the roll if it will make a difference. This may be pushing the limits of fairness or not seeing the dice result. I don't know. Just trying out the if/then command.
Minor=Curse KW5
Standard: Valorous Smite [MENTION=6687744]kw[/MENTION]5 rolling...

Edit: Are the Kruthik still at -4 defenses? I'll roll damage just in case they are. If it were to hit by some miracle, all enemies within 3 squares would be marked by my Divine Sanction tent.

TCO takes 4 damage from Kruthik bitey aura reduced to 2 by his Defensive blade[/sblock]

[sblock=The Cursed One]
PC:The Cursed One
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 1
Passive Perception/Insight 9
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:15, Speed:5
HP:22/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Eldritch Strike +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge:
Warlock's Curse: KW5
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite: USED
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Fullblade of Defense:

Combat notes: Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina is satisfied that she can hold off the one kruthik near her. The ones near her allies were more important.

With a nod, Ignatz knew just what to do. He charged right past the kruthik next to him. Though it scratched him with a claw, the barbarian paid no mind, burying his weapon deep within the other kruthik.

[sblock=action]Move: Shift to I2.
Standard: Provocative Order(Target Ignatz - makes a charge attack at +1[W] damage)
OA: OA (vs Ignatz) (1d20+5=21)
Provocative Order - Howling Strike (vs Kruthik 9) (1d20+8+1+2=28, 4d6.minroll(2)+1d6+8=22) (Includes charge + CA, forgot chieftain's weapon, so +1 more to hit).
Minor: Curative Admixture Corragan regains surge value + 3 hit points.
End of Turn: 2 damage to Dina.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina's Stats]Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 3
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 18, Fort 12, Reflex 16, Will 16
HP 26/34, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike
Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [x], Phantasmal Henchman [], Phantasmal Henchman Attack [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [x], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [x], Inspiring Word [], Adaptive Stratagem [x]
Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Philosopher's Crown []
[/sblock]

OOC: Ignatz is hit with an OA for 4 damage.
Ignatz hits Kruthik 9 for 22 damage.
Corragan heals 12 hit points.
Dina takes 2 damage.

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
OOC:
@CrimsonFlameWielder - Just a reminder that Kruthik 5 still has -4 to defences for TCO's attack. I've made no dice rolls because I'm not sure how many attacks I'm making, or who I'll end up with CA on... I'll leave some dice rolling to you when you resolve my actions again if that's OK.
@Son of Meepo - I'd take the healing if it's going with your spare minor action.

Corragan shifts form back to the lizard, before trying to cause chaos amongst the Kruthik ranks.
[sblock=Actions]
NOTE: I gain CA if I'm the only person adjacent to an enemy from Cunning Stalker. If I have CA and am in beast form I deal an extra 1d10 damage from Claw gloves.

Predator's Furry is on my character sheet.+7 vs Reflex, 1d6+6 damage + dazed can shift 3 squares and make a second attack on a new target (same attack stats)

1. If Kruthik 9 and 5 remain alive:
Minor: Wild Shape into a Monitor Lizard.
Move: If I can shift to get CA on Worker 9, do so. If not, save the Move action for later.
Standard: Predators Flurry: Strike Kruthik Worker 9 and then shift to G3 to flank with TCO and strike Kruthik Worker 5 with the secondary attack; (Kruthik Worker 5 still has -4 defenses until the end of my turn),
Move (if unused): Shift to H4

2. If Kruthik 9 is alive, but Kruthik 5 is dead
Minor: Wild shape back into a Monitor Lizard
Move: If I can shift to get CA on Worker 9, do so. If not, save the Move action for later.
Standard: Predators Flurry: Strike Kruthik Worker 9 and then shift max 3 squares to gain CA on Worker 11, or adjacent to it if that's not possible, and strike Kruthik Worker 11 with the secondary attack
Move (if unused): If Worker 11 is alive, shift out of it's aura

3. If Kruthik 5 is alive, but 9 is dead

Move: If I can move (speed 8) to get CA on Worker 5, do so. If not, just move adjacent to it.
Standard: Predators Flurry: Strike Kruthik Worker 9 and then shift max 3 squares to gain CA on Worker 11, or adjacent to it if that's not possible, and strike Kruthik Worker 11 with the secondary attack

4. If Kruthik 5 and 9 are both dead
Move: Move to a position where I can charge any surviving Kruthik and gain CA
Standard: Charge the Kruthik with Savage Rend
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]
Corragan - Male Elf Druid 3
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 23, Passive Insight: 16
AC:17 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:17
HP: 31/38 Bloodied: 19 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 7
Speed: 8 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Powers: Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide