Catastrophe!

Medina

Explorer
Corragan listens quietly to the prophecy. "Sounds to me that things are a little more rosey than you make out," he says. "As I hear it, that prophecy is suggesting that the six, which I assume you're hoping is us, are destined to stop the catastrophe. I may not like your methods much, but at least it sounds like you're working for the right cause."

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One's brow furrows in concentration as the prophesy is spoken, his lips moving silently as though repeating it to set it to memory.

"Less, or perhaps more than a prophecy, it is a key. Or a teasure map. If there is truth to it we shall soon find out, we are sure. It's accuracy is at best approximate as at this table there are seven of us not six. And at sea, if we count the entire motley crew, six is not even close. That said, it is a start once we reach our destination. So ... when do we arrive?"

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
"As Dina said, I find that prophecies never turn out to mean what you think they do beforehand. But I am still happy to help and do what I can to avert a potentially dire outcome."

Cadalis nods in agreement with everything that Dina has said. "Your assessment of prophecies is accurate in most cases. Hindsight is perfect and foresight is questionable (that's why I prefer to study illusions, not divination), but our diviners have been relatively accurate in regards to their prophecies. But who's to say what any given line really means. And even if and when it does come to pass, there is really no way for us to determine if we are simply attaching meaning to a coincidence, or if it was truly written in the fabric of destiny. Of course, I have also seen prophecies change because of actions of parties unknown. We'll just have to see what happens when we get there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two days go bye in relative quiet. With the exception of an incident in the kitchen creating liquified food (although it still tasted rather good, a soup version of steak, rice, and vegetables isn't what was on the menu), the rest of the trip went quietly and smoothly...that was about to change.

On the third morning, roughly half a day from your destination, a squall blew in from nowhere. It was almost as if the island had its own weather system. Strangest of all, the gusts of wind and rain weren't cold! However, that didn't alleviate any of the danger of the storm, as lightning rent the sky, and the waves crested at twenty feet, threatening to capsize the ship.

It is still earlier than when the rooster crows, so visibility is rather low on the high seas. Suddenly Cadalis bursts into your sleeping quarters, clothes drenched.

"Do any of you have sailing experience!? We just lost a man overboard and are in desperate need of help!"

Cadalis has a haggard and worried look about him.

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz springs out of his hammock, adrenaline bringing him from a deep sleep to alertness in an instant. He shoves past Cadalis without a word, dwadly serious. He takes the stairs in three huge steps and rushes to the railing, trying to spot the man overboard. He takes rope from his soaked pack as he does so.

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
"On my way!" says Rilissa as she runs up to the top deck. She looks around for signs of the overboard member, and notices a couple of the deckhands looking over the side of the ship. Running to the edge, she dives overboard to swim after the downed sailor.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina shakes her head in response to Cadalis' question.

"I have none Cadalis. In fact, I'm not so sure I've had enough experience as a passenger to get my... what is you call them, sea legs, beneath me."

VanderLegion

First Post
"Perhaps if you tell us what is needed, it will hasten determining the right person for the job," Sha'kar says as he climbs out of his hammock.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases