Catastrophe!

Faraque

First Post
[sblock="ooc"]Without some kind of provocation, I'm going to be relatively quiet. I've rarely been a proactive person in conversations/discussions/games. I'm very reactive. Outside of a combat situation, don't wait for me to say something to continue the storyline. I'm home quite often, and have plenty of opportunity to react to things unlike a normal poster.[/sblock]

Rilissa quietly follows the others. She keeps her sword out at all times, though not always in a "ready for combat" position. At the prospect of quicksand, she looks a little ill, but says nothing.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Ditto what Faraque said. If there's stuff going on outside of combat I'll definitely post stuff, but when it's just traveling as atm, Im not always the most active poster...

Sha'kar stays with the group, keeping an eye out for any dangerous creatures in the surrounding area.

Medina

Explorer
At the Cursed One's words, Corragan looks around, alert to any natural dangers such as quicksand, rockfalls and dangerous footing.

OOC: Sorry for being absent, all. The holidays kept me really busy, but should be free now that I've caught up with everything at home and at work. Sorry for the delay, I will post again today and get us all caught up!

With the groups knowledge of jungle terrain, it was not difficult for them to keep on track, find the appropriate paths that took them closer to the cliff side, and avoid the few dangers that presented themselves, however, the cliff seemed to only creep closer, even after several hours of journeying. The canopy of thick trees and bushes made for an uncomfortably humid atmosphere and by the time you were even half way through the jungle, not a one of you was comfortably dry.

Although the sun had only just risen when your ship dropped anchor, the sun was setting just at the point when you entered a clearing. You have apparently not been entirely alone in your journey through this jungle, as the remnants of a small fire pit can be seen. Although several weeks old by your perceptions, it proves that you are not, or were not, the only intelligent beings on this island.

Rather than risk traveling through the rest of the jungle expanse in the dark, you decide it was best to rest for the night here in the copse and the fire pit is still dry enough for use, and a warm comfortable fire burns throughout the night.

When you wake, the jungle seems a little too quiet. You make your way, cautiously, through the jungle, heading east toward the cliff. The stubborn mountain seems to finally relent, and it seems much closer. In fact, it is not long before you near its craggy vertical surface. However, before you can actually get to it, the group finds themselves several dozens of feet above a ravine. Attached to the face of the cliff and spanning the forty foot gap to your side of the ravine is a rather large, but severely twisted log of wood. It is wide enough that two people could walk along it shoulder to shoulder (maybe just one Ignatz, though, as he is a rather large specimen). The bark is smooth and worn down from the many years of exposure, but the log is still firm and sturdy.

The closer the group get to the cliff, the more frequently and more noticeable the thumping is from the ring Dina wears, until they get to the face of the cliff. Now the ring thumps like a heartbeat, pushing her to go directly through the face of the cliff and into the mountain. Of course, that was physically impossible.

The good news of all this, however, was that although the climb looked difficult from a distance, a close-up view showed that there were many vines growing through the cliff face which provided everyone with sturdy hand and foot holds aplenty.

It wasn't until the last of you was climbing up the cliff that you noticed why there were so few living obstacles in your path to this point.

Just east of the bluff the group climbed onto was a large outcrop of rock. Atop this rock were several strange-looking creatures. Their bodies were smooth and scaly like a large lizard, but their appendages and faces were like that of an insect. It's face resembles a mixture of animal skull and spider. Their bodies were coated in some kind of mineral, mostly metalic, which was most pronounced in their forelimbs: mantis-like metalic scythes that ended in deadly points!

It was only a matter of seconds before the chitinous creatures spotted the adventurers, and they didn't look too happy to have visitors!

OOC: Welcome to your first battle! I took the liberty of placing your tokens on the map based on when and how you posted. All of the creatures will be acting on the same initiative count (as described in my first post on page 1).

The creatures rolled an initiative of 21. You are aware of all of the creatures you see on the map, and they are aware of you as well, so there will be no surprise round.

Go ahead and roll your initiative, and if it beats 21, post your actions. If it doesn't beat 21, I'll take my turn as soon as everyone has rolled initiative and then you all can post again in any order (when you post is when you go unless you ready an action as part of your post).

Attachments

• Catastrophe - B1 - Rnd 1.jpg
    Catastrophe - B1 - Rnd 1.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 81

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Wheeee!

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 3
Initiative: 18, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:15 Will:12 HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 10/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC, 2d6+8 brutal 1 (Claw: +9 vs AC, 1d8+6)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Initiative

Edit: Woohoo, didn't expect to beat a 21 initiative...turn incoming soon as I decide what to do...
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION]: I'm going to just finish the post assuming a 20 hits (vs AC), if not lemme know and I'll retcon it.

TCO, Dina and Ignatz get +1 to attack rolls and +4 to damage rolls TENT (assuming I did actually hit)
Sha'kar moves down into the middle of the group of his allies, then looses a crossbow bolt at the nearest creature. The bolt punches through the chitin armor of the creature and buries itself in it's side.[sblock="actions"]Move: to H2
Standard: Standard: Magic Weapon vs Kruthik Worker 3, hit(?) for 9 damage, Ignatz, Dina, and TCO get a +1 bonus to attack rolls and a +4 bonus to damage rolls until the end of Sha'kar's next turn.[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Sha'kar Menoth Male Genasi Artificer
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Normal

Defenses:
AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 15, Will: 15
Resist 5 Psychic

Vitality
HP: 40/40, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges Left: 10/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian, Tsugo

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC - Quarterstaff 1d8
Ranged Basic Attack: +4 vs AC - Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1: 1d8+1

Powers:
At-Will: Magic Weapon, Thundering Armor
Encounter: Burning Weapons, Shocking Feedback, Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula, Void Assumption
Daily: Icebound Sigil, Restorative Infusion
Item: Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 (Encounter), Alchemist's Fire (0/0), Tethercord (1/1)

Weapons:
Quarterstaff - 1d8
Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 - 1d8+1 (Equipped)
Current magazine: 10 bolts
Full Magazines Remaining: 13

Conditions:

Crossbow Caster - Use Crossbow as implement for implement attacks
Voidsoul - Resist 5 Psychic damage
Arcane Empowerment - Empower magic item once per day + once per milestone (Augment Energy or Impart Energy)
Augment Energy - A weapon gains a +2 bonus as a free action once. A weapon can't be infused twice (lasts until next extended rest or until used)
Impart Energy - Recharge a daily magic item. An item can't be recharged twice in a day.
Arcane Rejuvenation - When an ally uses a daily magic item they gain 4 temporary hit points.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
ooc: rolling initiative; +2 from Combat Leader? I won't add it but calculate it in if we get it and it makes a difference.

[sblock=The Cursed One]
PC:The Cursed One
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 1
Passive Perception/Insight 9
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:14, Will:15, Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Eldritch Strike +8 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge: