Ultimate Combat

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm also thinking about adding performance combat to the list of NO.

YES to performance combat. It adds complications, but only if a DM wants to use it. I don't see the reason to disallow them as basis if such things come up in an adventure.

I like the Performance Combat as well, and was considering a Rogue (Knife Expert) build using them as my third character. The builds I toyed around with were far from optimal, but would have been fun to play I think.

sunshadow21

Explorer
I figured I'd put it out that suggestion out there simply because unlike the other things on the list, there is not complete agreement on it's presence. By allowing the occasional NPC to use them, we have a gauge of interest/impact such rules would have on the wider world and wider implementation. While I personally have no interest in using them, I've seen enough debate over them to have trouble believing that simply saying no is going to completely stop headaches over them. By allowing very limited access to the basic gun rules to DMs, we can at least see how they might be made to fit into the world if the subject should come up again.

Systole

First Post
I've no issue with the Eastern classes. If anything, I think ninjas make the world more immersive, because it feels like there are entirely different civilizations out there.

I am strongly against guns in LPF. Aside from the debated broken-ness of gun rules, I just don't think we need steampunk or dungeonpunk here. I play in a couple of gunslinger-friendly games, so I'm not against them totally, but I don't think they belong in LPF. I don't think guns work with a lot of what's already been built.

GlassEye

Adventurer
YES to performance combat. It adds complications, but only if a DM wants to use it. I don't see the reason to disallow them as basis if such things come up in an adventure.

I don't want and in-game set-up that suggests the possibility of broken rules with touch AC weapons... I have already decided for me that I don't want them.

Agreed on both counts.

Systole

First Post
Armored Hulk is not that great of an archetype ... unless you're planning on Rage Prophet, which I suspect you are. And I don't know whether you know this, but the rule is easy to miss, so I'll repeat it just to be sure: non-oracle levels count half toward your mystery advancements, so you'll be able to rage-hop as early as level 6.

Remove ads