Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

FourMonos

First Post
Adventure: The Undead Hunter

Characters:
1. Kamotz: Lvl 5 Shifter Hybrid (Paladin/Cleric) (CaBaNa) Defender
2. Nathantiel: Lvl 6 Elf Druid (Walking Dad) Controller
3. Kruor: Lvl 1 Warforge Vampire (treex) Striker
4. Eloan: Lvl 6 Eladrin Warlord (Velmont) Leader
5. Illarion: Lvl 4 Changling Chaos Sorcerer (Neurotic) Striker
6. Hunzu: Lvl 3 Shardmind Enchanter (Darksteed) Controller
7. 7 Rabbit: Lvl 5 Dwarf Star Pact Sorcerer (JoeNotCharles) Striker

[sblock=Recognition and Thanks]
First, I would like to thank those that came before. Those DM's who were great leaders and story tellers, that made the PBP gaming fun. I don't know if I can give credit to everyone, but thanks renau1g, SR, Mal, HMG dimsdale, jsb and JNC! I stole the rules outline from these various GM's and the idea of google docs from dimsdale.

Second, this is my first time DM'ing in about 20 years. I only started playing 4th edition here on PBP. I won't pretend I know all the rules. I will clarify any questions or problems with a judge if needed.

Last: I'll try not to kill anyone except through the bad luck of dice. Good luck! [/sblock]

EXPECTATIONS AND RULES:

Keep your Player Info Up to Date: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

DM Posts during combat will include:

1. Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1).

2. Map in the form of a grid with coordinates
**I'll be using Google Maps, so if you don't have an account, get one. They are free**
Google maps allows everyone to adjust their location on their turn and the power effects. If you have a power that moves, shifts of pushes, make sure you document all those effects in your post. I do not want to have people or monsters magically change without explanations.

3. Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including: Damage taken, bloodied status, aura, effects, status effects and MBA. I like the format where monster defenses are revealed after you target/hit them, so we'll try that first. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: I will try to give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only. I understand life happens and gaming shouldn't be anyone's only priority. Just understand that in the interest of everyone's enjoyment, your character will be moved forward to be in everyone's best interest if time lags too much.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The old priest ushers you outside. The downpour has lessened its pace but the slow trickle of rain promises to make you wet as you begin your journey.

A flash of lightning and rumble of thunder warns you the storm may not yet be finished.

"Remember," says the priest, "The temple is three streets north and two streets west. Please hurry! Many ill were inside and some of my brothers of the faith."

GM: We'll just pause right here so everyone can check in. Once everyone is accounted for, we can get the game rolling.

Velmont

First Post
"OK, times to go." says Eloan, as he move toward the door, he slow down and looks around. "Come on! let's not waste time and everyone that want to come should come. There is never too much people t stop a criminal, as long as we coordinate ourselves, and that's my job... was... when I was in the Watch... anyway, let`s go!"

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient

"Come on Corey. Let's do something good."
Nate says as he summons his armor with a thought and follows the eladrin. It is apparent that he isn't moving at full speed to give the others (and his dog) a chance to follow.

[sblock=OOC]
not yet approved

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing, Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-lightl Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu makes his way outside into the pouring rain. He unsheathes his Talenta Sharresh and places the butt end upon the ground. He looks around at those gathered and waits for the others to gather along with them. He remains silent for the time being as he simply straightens out his tux and top hat.*

OOC: FourMonos can I get Hunzu's color on the starting post changed to Turquoise please? Thanks!

Wow! Nathantiel has some serious stats for a controller. Don't know how useful Hunzu will be with another controller in the house. Hah!

[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 3
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 32/32, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 8/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [ ]
Call of the Night Winds [ ]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [ ]
Ebony Razors [ ]
Glorious Presence [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Shield [ ]
Suggestion [ ]

Grease [ ]
Strategist’s Epiphany [ ]
Wizard’s Fury [ ]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
After exiting The Hanged Man, Whiggins the dire wolf and Kamotz the shifter look very excited; even with the rain pouring down. Bashing his flail against his shield a couple times, and on each side of Whiggins impenetrable barding, the pair begin a long howl. After which Kamotz snaps at Kruor, Run Corey, I'm anxious to smite the wicked.

treex

First Post
Kruor scrambles along to keep up with the rest, careful not to spill any of the contents in his mug. Apparently, because of the old man's shaky fingers, Kruor is convinced that he was pointing at a mug of mead. He still holds on to it, drops of rain constantly plopping into the mug.

Run Corey, I'm anxious to smite the wicked.
"Come on Corey. Let's do something good."
Upon hearing this, Kruor's already blue eyes light up even brighter. He whispers to himself:
[sblock]Wolf-man and Nate call me Corey. Kruor and wolf-man and Nate are best friends forever.[/sblock]

Ahead of them, Kruor sees a blue-ish creature. It appears to be made out of colored glass! Kruor walks up to it.
"Hello! Me Kruor! Kruor can't help but notice you have no blood! Just like Kruor! How you move, how you eat? Kruor want find new body so Kruor very ineteresed, ine-inter-rest-interested in you. You made out of nothing but rainbow glass! Like in the shops! If glass in shop can move, maybe finding new body not so hard after all!"

OOC: Sorry for the late post, the wire in my hostel seems to be faulty, I couldn't get a connection for 2 days.
And I'm positively gushing that I have an adventure in my name ^^
Also, FourMonos, can you do me a favor and link to everyone's character sheets in the first post? I like being able to reference everyone in one easy post.

[sblock=About Apoli]Kruor doesn't actually know about religious lore. If he finds out that Apoli is associated with the sun, he'll have a fit. Maybe he lost a brother or heard scary vampire stories or it just hurts and he hates the sun. Eitherway, he thinks the sun is evil, it hurts him and he has to repair himself. Sun = hurt me = I have to hunt. THE SUN KILLS PEOPLE.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Kruor - Robot Vampire 1(reskinned Warforged)
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18, Fort: 13, Ref: 14, Will: 14
Initiative: +4; Speed: 6
HP: 27/27, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 2/2

Powers:
Dark Beckoning
Taste of Life
Vampire Slam

Blood Drinker [ ]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Surprise Strike [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Action Point [ ]

Swarm of Shadows [ ]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
After hearing the order to Kruor to run, the elf releases constructs robes and catches Whiggins side.
"Kamotz, I cannot run, can you bring me along on Whiggins?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Wait! Wait for me! Let me catch my breath!" A rotund Dwarf in garish orange armour runs after the group, huffing. He carries a brightly plumed headdress under one arm and a huge club with flanges of obsidian is strapped to his back. He skids to a halt behind the rest of the group and fumbles to strap the plumed helmet to his head.

"7 Rabbit," he puffs, nodding to Kamotz, the only person here he's encountered before. "I was once court astronomer in the Kingdom of Glad Weeping in the Valley of Bone. So I know some things about undead. And - huf - and the people who hunt them." He turns to the vampire. "People here don't understand the undead, but with suitable precautions they can be valued and productive members of society. So don't give up hope! My own uncle's a lich!" he finishes proudly.

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 51/51 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace